Bolton 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 26/12/11 - post-match reaction from page 33

Dave

How awful is Obertan? f***ing hell. Ben Arfa on the bench AGAIN is just sad. Bolton are rubbish but Pardew wont win the game.

Counted 5 or 6 times we had an attack and he passed to a Bolton player. I'm all for being patient with a player but fuck me he needs to be dropped asap.

Direct football vs the Bolton defence seems silly, the should be able to handle that all day.

Aye, you need to try and pass a struggling team off the park. Too much heading practice for Knight and Cahill.

Then again we're a struggling team ourselves at the moment.

one thing,  before passing any team off the park we need to learn to keep the ball first.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

How many times does Obertan lose posession for the team. How amazing would it be to have a right winger that can retain posession and take the right option when on the ball.

He's not having a terrible game though. I guess that's the nicest thing I can say.

How awful is Obertan? f***ing hell. Ben Arfa on the bench AGAIN is just sad. Bolton are rubbish but Pardew wont win the game.

Counted 5 or 6 times we had an attack and he passed to a Bolton player. I'm all for being patient with a player but f*** me he needs to be dropped asap.

Best has been just as fucking guilty.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I'm currently defending Obertan against fellow toon fans but man he is playing dreadful and he's not giving me a leg to stand on. Hopefully he scores second half.

Counted 5 or 6 times we had an attack and he passed to a Bolton player. I'm all for being patient with a player but f*** me he needs to be dropped asap.

Best has been comfortably the worst player on the pitch.

Best and obertan off equals an away win. Simple as that really. As long as the correct personnel come on. Oh and Tiote too

I wouldn't go that far like. Different players on the pitch mean nowt if we persist with these tactics, could even be worse. I'd have been happy enough with the starting lineup today if we weren't playing so much long ball. These players were capable of a passing game earlier in the season.

First game I've actually been able to watch since the Chelsea game.

Have we been this rubbish the last few games?

Yes. Worse in the Swansea and Norwich games, whilst we made West Brom look like a counter-attacking equivalent of Barcelona.

We need to play it along the ground and move the ball much quicker. Not taking three touches to control before a safe backwards pass. We need someone who will move into space, pick up the ball and drive at defenders, someone with skill on the ball to open up space for a shot, win free kicks or feed some half decent service to Ba. Why is Ben Arfa on the bench???

It may be the same lineup as the win over Stoke but the football isn't. It's desperate stuff. We have a more talented side out there and we need to show it. Get Ben Arfa and Vuckic on and move the ball quickly, this lot are there for the taking.

Best has been just as f***ing guilty.

Yep, he's had a stinker too.

Yes. Worse in the Swansea and Norwich games, whilst we made West Brom look like a counter-attacking equivalent of Barcelona.

Played better than this against Swansea IMO.

This 4-4-2 is so done with. Bolton are bloody horrendous and we're playing at the level. I don't think we'll have a better opportunity to win away from home all season, but we won't at this rate. We're absolutely bloody hopeless down the flanks but the only bit of play through the middle comes from long-balls. Which, obviously, don't do anything for us.

Ridiculous what has happened to the way we're playing. I can forgive a couple of rubbish results knocking the stuffing out of us, but it's not even simply a confidence thing. We're playing a different sort of football - hoofball. We weren't doing that (to this extent) earlier in the season.

Sort it out, Pards. We absolutely should win this game.

Anothr 3 points slipping away against a poor side. Shit players starting game after game. Shit formation. No creativity.

Thereby guaranteeing another start.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

only positives,  i dont think we have to worry about losing tiote in january, the way he's playing it aint going to happen.

more chance of them interested in Krul. 

he may have givin silly fouls away but he has completed 12 passes which isn't that bad.

1. Nor was Best so that argument does not rub

2. Correct - Best and Obertan and s***.

1. To even use that argument you have to look at who's Pardew's men. Not who isn't. Don't think he's bought too many strikers like...

Played better than this against Swansea IMO.

Aye, easily better than this against Swansea.

Think this is the worst we've played all season tbh.