The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

There is no cycle and nothing changed. Over the course of one year, many separate events have been favourable to the Italian teams. Show a pattern over several seasons and maybe them make a point. If Valbuena doesn't score a wonder goal in the dying embers of the match at Westfalenstadion, maybe we are talking about the dominance of German sides. Maybe if Milan (who had a very simple group) switch places with Munich in the draw they don't qualify and people deride Serie A once more. A team full of stars has defeated an Arsenal side battling an injury crisis combined with the loss of several influential players. A bright, young squad took the game to a team in crisis. This is all I can conclude. These results bring me no information about the relative status of the leagues when taken alone.

There is no cycle and nothing changed. Over the course of one year, many separate events have been favourable to the Italian teams. Show a pattern over several seasons and maybe them make a point. If Valbuena doesn't score a wonder goal in the dying embers of the match at Westfalenstadion, maybe we are talking about the dominance of German sides. Maybe if Milan (who had a very simple group) switch places with Munich in the draw they don't qualify and people deride Serie A once more. A team full of stars has defeated an Arsenal side battling an injury crisis combined with the loss of several influential players. A bright, young squad took the game to a team in crisis. This is all I can conclude. These results bring me no information about the relative status of the leagues when taken alone.

Will be 1 semi-finalist in 3 years (so 1 from 12, if you wish) if Chelsea go out.

All the English teams are weaker than they were with the exception of Man City who have gone forward artificially. The 3 major leagues tend to fluctuate in quality, and at the moment I'd say the Prem is on the downwards slope whereas a couple of years ago it was at a peak that began with Liverpool winning in Istanbul.

How fucking embarrassing was Neville second half? Unbelievable commentary.

thought he was absolutely hilarious when he was talking about the defending. the tone of digust in his voice when a forward had so much space after he had been criticizing the defending "...look at this.." :lol:

How f***ing embarrassing was Neville second half? Unbelievable commentary.

thought he was absolutely hilarious when he was talking about the defending. the tone of digust in his voice when a forward had so much space after he had been criticizing the defending "...look at this.." :lol:

:lol: thought it was crackin, properly getting wound up over it like, superb listening.

honestly thought he was on top form last night

He was a bumbling mess of blind bias and exasperated breathing into the microphone.

Clearly better when he has a) time to think about what to say and b) covering teams he actually knows a little bit about

Neville should stick to PL punditry. Second worst commentary of the season.

Don't tell me you're referring to Wilkins' commentary in the Chelsea v Man City game as the worst? That was unintentionally class. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Don't tell me you're referring to Wilkins' commentary in the Chelsea v Man City game as the worst? That was unintentionally class. :lol:

"Young Man"

He was horrible, when he went on about how "easy" it is to beat Napoli he pissed me off, "just hold Cavani and Lavezi, track the run of Hamsik and you'll win 3 or 4-1" 

It's a wonder he isn't in management. "Just stop their best players and we'll score 4". Easy as that.

''Chelsea are better than this lot'' "Napoli are average, no better than what Chelsea face in Englund week in week out.'" "Chelsea should score 4 at home" when they were 3 going on 5-1 down

And the pick of the bunch "Napoli wouldn't beat Man city"

I was flicking to SSN and Merson was even worse - although he is outrageously moronic.

Apparently if you stop Cavani and Lavezzi (sorry, "Lavenni"), Napoli will "struggle to win any game of football."

I was thinking of our game v QPR.

I was thinking of our game v QPR.

Well, my word, Cabaye should have just got up and got on with it.

occasionally i get annoyed with the commentators, but im not gunna let myself get pissed off about things like that, who gives a shit, some of the one-liners were superb

It is the basic requirement for the commentators to know about what they're commenting on for me like. :lol:

Not doing that is failing at the first hurdle.

occasionally i get annoyed with the commentators, but im not gunna let myself get pissed off about things like that, who gives a shit, some of the one-liners were superb

It is the basic requirement for the commentators to know about what they're commenting on for me like. :lol:

Not doing that is failing at the first hurdle.

fair enough, if it doesn't involve us i dont really care what he comes out with, wont let it bother me. if neville can be as funny as he was last night i'd have him every week

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You're provided with a big book of clichés when you become a commentator. They say its their 'stats' but its not. Its clichés.