The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Man, its depressing how large the gap is between the teams in the SEA region and the rest of Asia.

It is actually quite incredible how few Indonesians have any success athletically at all in any sports. It is the third or fourth largest nation in the world, you'd think they'd accidentally create some talent.

I honestly fancy myself to score a hatrick against them, i was playing with the same players who won 10-0 today a few years back at youth level and as good as they are they were made much better by how horrible their side was, even the Brazilian guy who was playing with them was hopeless :lol:

I still can't believe what i just saw..every year something just as mad as this happens :(

Going to watch a must-win World Cup Qualifier against Kuwait tonight, loss sees us most likely out of WC 2014 without haven even gone to the final round of qualifiers.

Probably the highest stakes match I've ever witnessed in person. Looking forward to it.

Thanks S Korea for posting that win. Means Lebanon reach the final round of qualifiers for the first time in our history despite going down 4-2 in the UAE :lol:

KSA knocked out at this stage has me feeling very good  :cool:

"Indonesia have sent a squad to Bahrain consisting of Under 21 players after the Indonesian league refused to release players for the international game. The majority of the 18-man squad will make its international debut in the match. Key men Bambang Pamungkas, Boaz Solossa and Firman Utina will all be missing."

No surprise then.

Alves and Marcelo are surely two of the best RBs in the world, but certainly aren't part of any kind of "world's best defensive back 4" by the slightest.

Anyway, Brazil looks good on paper, but yesterday as usual they looked just a collection of players trying to winning the game by themselves and getting into each other. And I think the lack of experience in strong leagues isn't a benefit for a lot of your players. It was only a couple games, but Santos left me with a pretty poor impression of the level of the Brazilian league in the CWC.

VI, you get my point. Didnt mean defensive, but meant best back four in the world. We have in my opinion the best defender in the world with thiago Silva and the two best offensive  fullbacks in the world. We also have Dede who is an up and coming defender who is absolutely a beast on his day.

And I disagree with you, I think the lack of experience from the European leagues is what will win us the WC. Domestic players will be the ones to carry this team, or at least I hope it will be. Away from Spain, I dont see Brazilian players gaining anything in footballing terms from the European leagues.  And Santos put up as good of a fight  (in other words nothing at all) against Barcelona as any other decent team around Europe  would do and that with the worst defenders in South America.

"Indonesia have sent a squad to Bahrain consisting of Under 21 players after the Indonesian league refused to release players for the international game. The majority of the 18-man squad will make its international debut in the match. Key men Bambang Pamungkas, Boaz Solossa and Firman Utina will all be missing."

No surprise then.

Yeah cos they are right game-changers those lads.

No surprise then.

:lol:

No surprise then.

The entire team? I would hope so.

Alves and Marcelo are surely two of the best RBs in the world, but certainly aren't part of any kind of "world's best defensive back 4" by the slightest.

Anyway, Brazil looks good on paper, but yesterday as usual they looked just a collection of players trying to winning the game by themselves and getting into each other. And I think the lack of experience in strong leagues isn't a benefit for a lot of your players. It was only a couple games, but Santos left me with a pretty poor impression of the level of the Brazilian league in the CWC.

VI, you get my point. Didnt mean defensive, but meant best back four in the world. We have in my opinion the best defender in the world with thiago Silva and the two best offensive  fullbacks in the world. We also have Dede who is an up and coming defender who is absolutely a beast on his day.

And I disagree with you, I think the lack of experience from the European leagues is what will win us the WC. Domestic players will be the ones to carry this team, or at least I hope it will be. Away from Spain, I dont see Brazilian players gaining anything in footballing terms from the European leagues.  And Santos put up as good of a fight  (in other words nothing at all) against Barcelona as any other decent team around Europe  would do and that with the worst defenders in South America.

I don't mean playing in Europe as "becoming better" rather than getting used to play against tougher opposition, and getting used to systems that rely more on tactical disposition than individual skill. Every time I watch the current Brazilian side it strikes to me that they lack that.

I don't mean playing in Europe as "becoming better" rather than getting used to play against tougher opposition, and getting used to systems that rely more on tactical disposition than individual skill. Every time I watch the current Brazilian side it strikes to me that they lack that.

Aye, then I understand what you mean. But I am still more of the opinion that Mano has no idea of what football philosophy he wants to follow and that translates into the players who have no idea what to do on the pitch. We need a better manager like Muricy or even a possibly tactically less capable but motivationally great manager like Scolari. A change is needed or we will end up losing in the quarterfinals in 2 years.

John Guidetti to play 2nd half vs Croatia for Sweden, will be his debut. Excited as f***.

Line up; Isaksson (PSV) - Granqvist (Genoa), Mellberg (Olympiakos), Olsson (WBA), Olsson (Blackburn) - Källström (Lyon), Svensson (Elfsborg) - Toivonen (PSV), Ibrahimovic (Milan), Elm (AZ Alkmaar) - Elmander (Galatasaray)

Guest neesy111

Anybody aware of how Cabaye is playing? I have the game on in the background but have caught pretty much none of it.

Just went off for some treatment but is now fine.  Game passing him by again.