The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Europe for Sunderland would be as much of a disaster as it would be for us. Neither team has the squad to cope with a European stretch without it affecting the league form.

Surey the whole point of league form is to get into Europe? I'd settle for a few injuries and tired performances next year if we got a good run in Europe.

I'll honestly be gutted if we come 7th. The competition for 4th is an absolute shambles.

As long as we're not involved, it's going to be fantastic to watch. I see no reason why you can't take out Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool given the return of Cabaye and Tiote and some luck with injuries (e.g. Obertan getting one). I actually thought Liverpool were looking the best of the four and was perfectly happy with our 0--0 at their place.

The next three weeks sees some massive games in the "Race for fourth".

Guest neesy111

Europe for Sunderland would be as much of a disaster as it would be for us. Neither team has the squad to cope with a European stretch without it affecting the league form.

Surey the whole point of league form is to get into Europe? I'd settle for a few injuries and tired performances next year if we got a good run in Europe.

League always has to take precedent as that is ultimately the way you attract better players.

Exactly. I'd take lower midtable for a real Europa, league and fa cup run. Even resting players for European games.

League always has to take precedent as that is ultimately the way you attract better players.

Not when you've won fuck all for 50 years.

Guest neesy111

Not when you've won fuck all for 50 years.

If we get into Europe and make very little changes to the squad, then we'll be in the bottom half next season imo.  Not sure that Cabaye, Tiote etc will want to stay if that happens.

Jesus, just saw the stats for Sunderland v Arse. Sunderland 29% possession, one shot on target, passing success 63% on just 237 passes (Arsenal had 83% on 602). Classy.

Finding footy stats increasingly dubious these days. Beeb have Arsenal at 55% possession.

Jesus, just saw the stats for Sunderland v Arse. Sunderland 29% possession, one shot on target, passing success 63% on just 237 passes (Arsenal had 83% on 602). Classy.

Finding footy stats increasingly dubious these days. Beeb have Arsenal at 55% possession.

I've ignored the Beeb ones for a long time now. There was one game a while back that was so obviously wrong that someone investigated, and the rumour is that their production team kind of guesstimate. I tend to use Sky.

I've ignored the Beeb ones for a long time now. There was one game a while back that was so obviously wrong that someone investigated, and the rumour is that their production team kind of guesstimate. I tend to use Sky.

no way did sunderland only have 29% possession