The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

I love Maradona, but there's a lot of hyperbole on his feats. Neither Argentina 1986 nor Naples were the rubbish everybody always seem to try to make them out to be to elevate Diego. Goychoechea, Ruggieri, Passarella, Valdano, Batista... That doesn't make him any less great.

I love Maradona, but there's a lot of hyperbole on his feats. Neither Argentina 1986 nor Naples were the rubbish everybody always seem to try to make them out to be to elevate Diego. And that doesn't necessarily make him any less great.

Just keeping it real. ;)

I love Maradona, but there's a lot of hyperbole on his feats. Neither Argentina 1986 nor Naples were the rubbish everybody always seem to try to make them out to be to elevate Diego. Goychoechea, Ruggieri, Passarella, Valdano, Batista... That doesn't make him any less great.

Plus Garrincha was the so-called first player to win a World Cup on his own. ;)

http://h9.abload.de/img/untitled-11fwxa3.gif

Football FUCKING matters.

What a homo. Rightly going to have the piss taken out of him till the day he dies. Which will be soon if that's owt to go by.  :lol:

Aye and rightly so. Only player to come close to Pele.  :coolsmiley:

Sad he drank his life away. Real legend.

Messi is a genius, but how can you compare him with legends of the past when he plays in an era of next to no tackling? Imagine what Pele and Maradona would have done.

This is starting to become a bit of a myth. Have you seen Pelé's old videos for example? Less tackling there than there was in the Racing Santander game earlier today (and many others in current leagues). Old football isn't the lumberjack paradise that everybody thinks.

Messi is a genius, but how can you compare him with legends of the past when he plays in an era of next to no tackling? Imagine what Pele and Maradona would have done.

This is starting to become a bit of a myth. Have you seen Pelé's old videos for example? Less tackling there than there was in the Racing Santander game (and many others in current leagues). Old football isn't the lumberjack paradise that everybody thinks.

Oh fuck off will ya. Biggest shit I have ever heard. Messi comes nowhere near the treatment ever recieved by Pele.

All Brasilian goats rejoiced on the day of his passing.

The old days when men were men and women were lizards.

:lol: :lol:

All Brasilian goats rejoiced on the day of his passing.

:lol:

Rumour is he has possibly over 20 children. I wonder how many were with goats.

Not as much IMO. They'd be marked by better defenders and their fitness tested after half an hour. The standard of football is miles ahead of what it was from their eras, where they were special, in today's football they'd not stack up as well.

http://h9.abload.de/img/untitled-11fwxa3.gif

Football FUCKING matters.

What a homo. Rightly going to have the piss taken out of him till the day he dies. Which will be soon if that's owt to go by.  :lol:

EH? Is that genuinely from today? a Man City fan fucking CRYING !