The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Not sure Spurs are that fussed about Europe based on this.

It's a typical MON set-up. Defend in numbers, harass and work hard, look to catch the oppo on the break. Throw in a bobbly pitch and a laissez-faire ref and it's never going to be pretty. We just need to keep probing, not let in a soft goal, and if it's still nil-nil in the last twenty we have Lennon to bring on.

Leffe, what are your expectations for the rest of the season? Are you confident you can hold onto third/fourth?

Can't fathom why Spurs aren't playing Lennon.

Especially against Wayne Bridge.

His hamstrings are still a worry according to Harry earlier in the week, think they're trying to easte him up to speed before the cup semi final.

Yeah, it's not so much the cup semi as just not wanting him to break down now, as that would be the end of his season. We've got a decent enough line-up without him, and the chance to throw him on as an impact sub.

Plus, on this pitch, against Colback, Cattermole et al and reffed by a chocolate teapot, it's just crying out for him to get injured.

poor game, bit disappointed with Spurs' lack of urgency. Gardner is the shittest player on the pitch by a distance - presumably just playing for the chance of a long range deflected potshot.

It's a typical MON set-up. Defend in numbers, harass and work hard, look to catch the oppo on the break. Throw in a bobbly pitch and a laissez-faire ref and it's never going to be pretty. We just need to keep probing, not let in a soft goal, and if it's still nil-nil in the last twenty we have Lennon to bring on.

Leffe, what are your expectations for the rest of the season? Are you confident you can hold onto third/fourth?

Well this is clearly our toughest match, which helps. Yourselves and Arsenal still have Man City and Chelsea to come, and I think Chelsea are out of it now.

I would only actually be confident if we won today. I can see both yourselves and Arsenal going the rest of the season unbeaten (although I really think you'll lose that last game against Everton). The big problem with today is that everything is in place for Sunderland to win - awkward pitch, pissant ref, plus a team like us who will keep going forwards and play into their tactics. Winning today would be a massive, massive boost, and if it happens then I feel Arsenal will lose to City.

poor game, bit disappointed with Spurs' lack of urgency. Gardner is the shittest player on the pitch by a distance - presumably just playing for the chance of a long range deflected potshot.

Part of the problem is that Sunderland are well-organized defensively and set up to hit teams on the break. You can see that on the one or two occasions we have drawn them out, we have tried to hit quickly but either the ball bobbles up off someone or Colback/Cattermole/some other neanderthal finds an alternative way to stop the break. Hopefully we can draw them out a little more, or Lennon will scare them shitless.

Well this is clearly our toughest match, which helps. Yourselves and Arsenal still have Man City and Chelsea to come, and I think Chelsea are out of it now.

I would only actually be confident if we won today. I can see both yourselves and Arsenal going the rest of the season unbeaten (although I really think you'll lose that last game against Everton). The big problem with today is that everything is in place for Sunderland to win - awkward pitch, pissant ref, plus a team like us who will keep going forwards and play into their tactics. Winning today would be a massive, massive boost, and if it happens then I feel Arsenal will lose to City.

Thanks for that answer. I agree for the most part; I think it's crucial that you get back to your winning ways, and today is key for that. Not sure about that last statement like.. :lol: