NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

If we're signing him and keeping Tiote then it's a great sign of ambition to bring in quality squad players; however our memories never allow us to be so optimistic!

Really hoping we manage to tie up a deal for Debuchy, he looks quality and will desperately fill a hole in the team!

I think actually we're pretty thin at DM position and having 2 will be great for all the games playing, and in games we want to play counter attacking footy against very strong teams him alongside tiote in a 4-2-3-1 frees Cabaye from ever needing to play his deep role.

Didn't Carr say Ashley was willing to spend again? Trying to be positive, think if we lose anyone to a big money transfer most likely tiote imo but no reason we can't keep him. This is the right kind of spending too, rather than on some has been craptastic player.

He can play left back too? SIGN HIM NOW!

Yeah i personally hope he's being brought as an addition more than a replacement but if he is a replacement then i'll be quite content with it..... 1. He has the ability to play at a similar level to Tiote if not higher from what i have seen and what people say about him 2. at least we are signing players to replace people before they leave and learning from past mistakes.

Obviously i hope it isnt, but at least we are being pro-active to get people in as replacements before it actually happens and it would probably cost something like a quarter of what Tiote will go for so we could probably get 3 or 4 quality players with Tiote's money.

£7 million?

When we're trying to scrimp together money for defensive reinforcements? Forgive me for worrying that Tiote might be off if we do invest that in him.

Tiote missed 14 league games last season and 12 before that. Why can't we just buy quality players to bolster the squad?

Ashley has proved he is a good owner so why can't we believe the latter?

£7 million?

When we're trying to scrimp together money for defensive reinforcements? Forgive me for worrying that Tiote might be off if we do invest that in him.

Tiote missed 14 league games last season and 12 before that. Why can't we just buy quality players to bolster the squad?

I think people are just skeptical we would spend that much money on someone who is'nt going to be an unquestionable starter..... considering how we have done business in the past makes a lot of people skeptical we would spend 7m in a position that is'nt really our priority this summer.

Obviously we all hope that this player is being brought as an addition rather than a replacement, i do understand the skepticism though.

I thought CM was a weak position in terms of squad depth even before Guthrie left, really don't see what Gosling has to offer at

all whenever he has played, and he is now probably our 3rd choice CM. Add the fact that this guy can play LB as well I don't think

it's beyond the realms of possibility!

Man would like to see

Tiote - Anita

Ben Arfa - Cabaye - New signing/Marveaux

Cisse

Now that is something to look forward to.

I think theres definitely something in this, theres too many reports from too many different types of media for it not to be imo.

Also i see in The Express article we are readying a move for Luuk De Jong..... surely that could only happen if Ba were to leave?

In anycase hopefully if this is true, he is bring brought as an addition rather than a replacement.

Fingers crossed :thup:

A lot of the reports I have seen mention him primarily as a left back?

Nah he's a DM, he just played as a LB on occasions in CL games.

Guest andrew

hmm. very good phsyically, small and nimble, quick, improvements can be made in terms of technique, poor at left back.