NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I would be over the moon if we pull this one. For me DM is he most important position we need to cover in. I said it earlier and I say it now as well. With so many yellow cards for Tiote and African cup of nations we need an able deputy. I also like us to play with 2 DM when we play away to the bigger guys...

Guest sicko2ndbest

Surely new thread worthy?

Dutch TV

Agent comments

Ryder insinuating

It's as much as Cissokho had :)

Guthrie's replacement sorted if this happens...

£5M-£7M spent on a replacement for Guthrie seems just very strange though.

Yeah i think Amalfitano is Guthrie's replacement..... this is more a quality addition to the squad that can play DM and in both fullback positions.

Disagree from what little i've seen of both... Amalfitano appears more of an attacking midfielder so replaces Lovenkrands for me whereas Anita seems to player deeper... Either way they both look like technical upgrades...

Yeah i think Amalfitano is Guthrie's replacement..... this is more a quality addition to the squad that can play DM and in both fullback positions.

Disagree from what little i've seen of both... Amalfitano appears more of an attacking midfielder so replaces Lovenkrands for me whereas Anita seems to player deeper... Either way they both look like technical upgrades...

Are you seriously suggesting Anita would be a Guthrie replacement as in a mere squad player for us? Why would he leave Ajax where he is a guaranteed starter and in the CL to sit on our bench? Also, can't see us spending >10m on a "Guthrie replacement".

Guest bimpy474

Are you seriously suggesting Anita would be a Guthrie replacement as in a mere squad player for us? Why would he leave Ajax where he is a guaranteed starter and in the CL to sit on our bench? Also, can't see us spending >10m on a "Guthrie replacement".

:snod:

Have now basically switched off from any transfer talk, both in's and out's. There is so much bullshit being written on a daily basis that I've chosen not to believe any of it.

If it happens then it happens, think we'll be ok on Sept 1st.

No... I'm talking basic like for like style replacements to our squad... Not sure where he would fit into first eleven considering the positions he plays are currently held by our better players... Maybe more competition for Jonas and to rotate with Tiote/Cabaye when unavailable... As for a £10m fee I can't see it myself...

No... I'm talking basic like for like style replacements to our squad... Not sure where he would fit into first eleven considering the positions he plays are currently held by our better players... Maybe more competition for Jonas and to rotate with Tiote/Cabaye when unavailable... As for a £10m fee I can't see it myself...

I reckon if we got this lad and keep Tiote then Anita will replace Jonas as DM alongside Tiote in the 4-2-1-3

I reckon if we got this lad and keep Tiote then Anita will replace Jonas as DM alongside Tiote in the 4-2-1-3

That would make some of my dreams come true!

That would make some of my dreams come true!

Jonas could then play in Ba's position against the big teams. Offering more workrate.

I don't really see why he has to be anyones direct replacment. That would be assuming we have balanced numbers in the squad in this first place. Players come and go, there not always related to one another.

However if we do sign this lad, I would have to question Tiotes future.

I don't really see why he has to be anyones direct replacment. That would be assuming we have balanced numbers in the squad in this first place. Players come and go, there not always related to one another.

However if we do sign this lad, I would have to question Tiotes future.

Since its us and mike I would have to agree with that question.

If it had been another top club i would see them pairing them in a 4-2-3-1.

On the other hand, if we do sell Tiote, we won't have spend the rest of the summer wondering if we will replace him.

Its not that I want to be negative, just that I see it as the most likely outcome. Both Man Utd and Chelsea have been linked to him, the signs aren't good.

Looks like the deal prolly wont go trough either..

Vurnon Anita's agent regarding Newcastle bid: "The bid is too low. "I understand that Ajax has rejected this" says Harry Lulofs #nufc #Ajax

Dont feel like Mike is the guy to stretch himself :)

On the other hand, if we do sell Tiote, we won't have spend the rest of the summer wondering if we will replace him.

Its not that I want to be negative, just that I see it as the most likely outcome. Both Man Utd and Chelsea have been linked to him, the signs aren't good.

I'm pretty sure Tiote will stay. Man U can't afford him.  Chelsea have enough physical presence in the midfield. They need flair, creativity and speed. To utilize HBA most efficiently I think Pards will go for a 4-3-3 formation next season. Anita will play together with Tiote, he's not his replacement.

I'm pretty sure Tiote will stay. Man U can't afford him.  Chelsea have enough physical presence in the midfield. They need flair, creativity and speed. To utilize HBA most efficiently I think Pards will go for a 4-3-3 formation next season. Anita will play together with Tiote, he's not his replacement.

What?  :lol:

Looks like the deal prolly wont go trough either..

Vurnon Anita's agent regarding Newcastle bid: "The bid is too low. "I understand that Ajax has rejected this" says Harry Lulofs #nufc #Ajax

Dont feel like Mike is the guy to stretch himself :)

Agent is spouting off way too much. Which generally isnt how we operate. I smell bullshit.