NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Brendan_Rice

We signed colo 2 days before the first match of the season following a long 'saga'. I'm confident we'll make signings but also think we'll characteristically leave ourselves short in one key position.  I'm plumping for striker.....

I am with you Steve, not going to start panicking. I like the approach to signings the last couple of seasons and the fact we have got rid of a lot of dead wood. I would like to see a "where the fuck did that come from" type of signing.

If we don't have one in in the next week or so then its understandable fans will start to become restless. I know the window is open for a while yet but you would like to think we can get players in and settled long before then, aswell as having time to replace (shudder to think) any players who may be sold.

Last thing the club needs is a repeat of the Carroll scenario where we had hours to frantically search for a replacement, or indeed that ridiculous Bryan Ruiz chopper rubbish.

Would be actually gutted if Debuchy goes elsewhere. Its a signing that shows how far we've come in the last year or so.

The club tend to play the long game and not pander to our impatience.  E have seen that spectacularly backfire once but it has worked since and so I think they have earned some trust.  It doesn't mean I'm not desperate for debuchy to sign - but I think we need to see how it pans out.

Guest BooBoo

The fact that the window remains open after the season starts is a nonsense, although that's a side issue.

We need the players in prior to the Spurs game, once the season starts I'd prefer us to be focussing on the busy schedule of football rather than still rooting around trying to secure knock down deals. We seem to do it every window and it's annoying.

The fact that the window remains open after the season starts is a nonsense, although that's a side issue.

We need the players in prior to the Spurs game, once the season starts I'd prefer us to be focussing on the busy schedule of football rather than still rooting around trying to secure knock down deals. We seem to do it every window and it's annoying.

many clubs do it with buying clubs thinking they'll get better deals as sellers get desperate to get players who want away off their books and sellers thinkthey'll get more because of the deadline.

Guest BooBoo

To cut all the bullshit, the transfer windows should just be a fortnight in July and a week in January.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Tbf the only transfers that seem to going through are huge money (10m +)deals or ones that we wouldn't touch with a bargpole

The 5-6m buys which we mainly partake in have been few and far between

Guest neesy111

To cut all the bullshit, the transfer windows should just be a fortnight in July and a week in January.

Or just go back to what it was before...

it should open after the final game of the season and shut 1 week before the opening game of the season. get rid of the january window, make the best of what you have and you can't buy your way out of trouble if it's going badly.

One transfer window a month long after end of season... Then season tickets go on sale so you know who you are watching for that season... Then season starts... Repeat...

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/07/26/steven-taylor-to-make-newcastle-united-comeback-61634-31475488/#ixzz21iZMnOeN

While the team is in Portugal, The Journal understands that United chiefs hope to kick-start deals for three key targets over the next few days. Mike Ashley has taken a personal interest in a deal to bring Andy Carroll back to Tyneside and United’s desire to get the deal over the line is genuine and ongoing.

United chiefs remain convinced a deal can be struck and have been informed by sources close to the player that he has no future at Anfield – despite the mixed messages emanating from Merseyside.

United are set to snap up 19-year-old defender Good later this week but progress on deals for priority targets Mathieu Debuchy, Vurnon Anita and Carroll has slowed of late as Newcastle look to extract the best possible deals.

Newcastle have identified an alternative right-back in case they fail to reach an agreement with Lille for Debuchy but remain interested in the France international, who has made it clear he wants to come to Tyneside.

A dream scenario would see United land all three but senior sources at the club have ruled out ‘panic buys’, insisting Newcastle will not scramble to find a new set of targets if they don’t manage to land a handful of priority

signings. That could see the Magpies enter the season with roughly the same squad that they finished last year with, although the club’s desire to broker a deal for a new striker is genuine.

In a way Id love to have Carroll back is he was back in his old form. In a way, the club wanting him back (if all true) might prove that the transfer request melee wasnt as bad as the media put it. I wouldnt pay over the odds for him, but I can also see this as youve guys said an attempt to get him sold to another club for more money giving us the 25% sale on fee, if true. Would be a genius play by Ashley, to try and enter a bidding war for Carroll and then backing off in the end.

I can not see why they are so keen on Carroll.

We played so good football in a 433/4231.

Does my head in, what direction do they want to go.

We should focus on a striker that can play wide AND central if needed.

If we get Carroll, we have 3 strikers, all like to play in the center.

442, here we go.

This will make HBA and Cabaye in particular less effective...  derp.

we need to build an "all round" squad also

Yes, and that is why i do not understand this.

We have two good strikers who like to play in the center.

Why do we not go for one who likes to play wide too?

Then we can talk all round squad.

Screw Carroll and just sign Debuchy for fuck sake!

Think our team has been just paralyzed by buying Carroll. It makes little sense. Especially with the price tag. It much exist so much more value players to buy.

I have been reading about Ashleys "new found enthusiast" for the coming season with CL as a goal etc. But how are we going to succeed with that if we are going all in with Carroll and if that fails basically neglect anyone else.

I´m worried. But with the clubs record the last seasons I won´t give up hope until the very last moment.