NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Hi,

Firstly I'm new on here - first post etc etc so take it easy.

I'm a Geordie and previous season ticket holder all my life who recently moved to Amsterdam for work reasons - anyway last week I payed a visit to the Amsterdam Arena to watch Amsterdam play Celtic (a pretty poor game) but thought I'd have a go a Mr Carr's game.

I watched the game as a neutral but kept a close eye on Anita (due to our link)

Anyway a few points a noticed -

He had a far greater build physical then I was expecting - although short-ish he definitely had a presence and explosive power.

At time Ajax Centre halves almost became full backs with the fullbacks intern becoming almost second wingers, pretty much everything came from Anita often as the deepest player on the pitch. He was definitely the fulcrum  of the team and from what I seen I think he would be a great buy.  He is certainly not as aggressive as Tiote but definitely a better footballer and his understanding of position and tactics looks top notch - much like Cabaye but a lot deeper, almost a sweeper at times.

I do feel with the capture of Debuchy and Santon I could see Pardew placing far more emphasis on our full backs as attacking threats with Anita being the key in this change - lets hope we get the guy.

Anyway I was impressed enough to finally join this board after years of reading it from afar.

Good post :) Welcome.

Guest Sir_Frank_Pingle

Thanks Skirge - Yep maybe so - if we do go for him I think from what I saw - he'd be a good buy.

Thanks for name correction also :)

Guest BooBoo

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

But I will say tomorrow's Journal will make interesting reading for #nufc fans!

2:48 PM - 29 Jul 12

:shifty:

Good deal in jeopardy.

Impressed enough by Anita :)

Always thought the board was a good read.....

School boy error Pingle - Pingel? anyway I can change? :)

You must contact our God, the entity known as Dave.

*quietly sings the word 'Dave' repeatedly to himself to the tune of the Imperial March*

:lol:

Why bother Mark, I mean really.  More shite peddling on a monday morn

Why bother Mark, I mean really.  More s**** peddling on a monday morn

Aye. Such big news it can wait 18 hours.

Guest BooBoo

It'll be something like the club offering cheaper season tickets or some other tosh. It was transfer talk, he'd have hinted at it IMO.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He's a good journo.  I like him, seems a decent lad too.  Looking forward to seeing the craic tomorrow

Agree, Ryder comes across a right cock who bites at all criticism. Douglas is very informative and friendly

Guest BooBoo

Right, get your predictions in for what it'll be:

I reckon a bit more on Pards' "one or two in this week" quote- Curtis Good and a "United also hope to wrap up the Debuchy deal this week".

Oh and "United hierarchy have been given their firmest assurance yet that Demba Ba is ready to sign a new deal with the club."