NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

After seeing that snippet from Douglas about replacing Cisse with Carroll i'm not even going to bother to read that as it's absolute utter w***.

It's not a bad article really. He's correct about Cisse going if the price offered is right too, just not about "right" being 20 million. The part about Carroll may well be correct for all we know, i.e. we might only move for him if we lose Ba (unlikely now) or Cisse before the end of the window. With the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool still looking light up top, there are no guarantees no one will come in for Cisse at the eleventh hour unfortunately.

What an absolute bullshit article. Says absolutely nothing.

Some of it worryingly arrogant... Without a couple of signings this window we will do well to finish top 7... As it stands we've stood still...

If we play 4-4-2 he's backup, if we play 4-3-3 he's first team

You're right, but if we go 4-3-3 with Anita, Tiote and Cabaye, then that presumably means sacrificing Jonas and I'm not sure that makes the first team stronger because I think Jonas plays a specific role which though unspectacular is essential to the way we play

I know what you mean but can see then Jonas replacing ba in front 3 against teams with a threatening right wing.

My point being I'm not sure there's going to be a fixed first team anymore, there's going to be rotation, so thinking there's 11 players and they have to be displaced for someone to be considered in our first string seems inaccurate

Guest elbee909

We didn't get Anita in then?

No need for the sarcasm, Anita does not strengthen the first team like what our rivals have done. He is useful but more as a backup to Tiote and Cabaye

Oh yeah.  I'm <i>really sorry</i> for the sarcasm, I really am. ;) Don't think he'll be back-up personally.

yeah they're basically admitting that the "stories" they wrote in the paper are bullshit and basically just who they think arsenal should by. Demonstrated by the fact one of them thinks tiote and the other thinks cabaye. Wankers, pure wankers the lot of them. Easiest job in the world.

If they bid £12m I don't think we'd accept but the writing would be on the wall.

For £12m? Really? I think they won't go higher than about £15m and we can hold on, he's got plenty of time on his contract and his value won't go down. The only worry is if his head it turned for that kind of amount imo, which could happen I suppose