NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Funny how we're now confident we'll not be selling any of our good players because it's too late and the fees will be too high whilst also hoping that the same principle doesn't apply to us. :lol:

I honestly don't understand why Clubs do business this late in Transfer window, it all seems a rush at last minute but they have had 3 months since end of last season to sort out what they want and put deals in place. As its not the Manager that organised the finances etc, how come clubs are not putting deals in place sooner that transfer window, only have to register on 1st July. I know there is a knock on effect and players could be injured / you could lose a player or two, but surely could be sorted by return to training. I am a big fan of either doing away with transfer window or finishing beginning of August before season starts, Maybe start transfer window end of May

They talked about this on The Game podcast this week, I don't get it either. Any money you gain by charging buying clubs more, you lose it when you buy players yourself.

Maybe it's just human nature of running close to any deadline.

Funny how we're now confident we'll not be selling any of our good players because it's too late and the fees will be too high whilst also hoping that the same principle doesn't apply to us. :lol:

I don't know about everyone else but i'm seeing 0 ins and 0 outs and as for AFCON it won't be as bad this year.

We either lose Cisse & Ba or Tiote, ok if Senegal qualify we are pretty f*cked but if Ivory Coast qualify( which i'm pretty confident of) we should be pretty fine with Anita's addition.

I'm more worried about the extra games and how the squad will handle it more than anything else.

To crack on we need a larger squad.  Not being able to get our choices "across the Line" suggests we should be on Plan B already.  Pardew not hopeful - being let down again (pards also being let down).

I don't think we should be too worried about the signings we've made to strengthen the squad in general, they look good. It's the first team that needs the signings more urgently, mainly right back.

We have a better reserve team than most recent times TBH, it's not fantastic but very few clubs have that luxury.

Disagree personally, RB is the only position where we needed to strengthen the first eleven.

The other two signings( CB and Forward) were for depth purposes, first team Simpson aside is great that has never been the problem it's the next in line options in a few positions which is the problem and always has been.

I don't think we should be too worried about the signings we've made to strengthen the squad in general, they look good. It's the first team that needs the signings more urgently, mainly right back.

We have a better reserve team than most recent times TBH, it's not fantastic but very few clubs have that luxury.

Which luxury? A reserve team?

A reserve team that's not significantly worse than the first 11, and doesn't include any players which fans think are suspect.

Would be nice to have a great RB to support Ben Arfa, and we dont really have any promising up an coming strikers/Central Defenders. For the rest, im comfortable with us blooding some of the youth we have coming through

A reserve team that's not significantly worse than the first 11, and doesn't include any players which fans think are suspect.

Now I know you're having a laugh.

Do all teams not have a reserve side that is significantly worse than the first team?

Not sure what your issue is.  He's saying that our reserve team isn't great but not many teams have that kind of luxury anyway.

Our reserve team would probably struggle Championship tbh :lol:

It's pretty good, and there's a few young players in there with a lot of promise, but I don't want to see many of them starting games in the league this year, and I don't expect them to get very far in Europe if playing them in there is the route we take.

He didn't say our reserve team isn't significantly worse then our first 11 though.  He said it's a luxury to have a reserve team that isn't significantly worse and that like many other teams we don't have that luxury.

He didn't say our reserve team isn't significantly worse then our first 11 though. He said it's a luxury to have a reserve team that isn't significantly worse and that like many other teams we don't have that luxury.

"A reserve team that's not significantly worse than the first 11"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This been posted?

Pardew told BBC Newcastle: "It's unsettling and unsavoury and it needs to be eliminated.

"It's really not fair. The transfer window should be shut before we kick a ball and that way everyone knows where they are.

"If you can't do your business in the summer, then I don't know why because there is plenty of time."

Newcastle have signed four players this summer, bringing in Vurnon Anita from Ajax, Gael Bigirimana from Coventry, free agent Romain Amalfitano and Curtis Good from Australian outfit Melbourne Heart.

But they have been victims of late transfer business before, selling striker Andy Carroll to Liverpool for £35m minutes before the deadline in January 2011.

Pardew added: "The reality is it (the transfer window) shuts on Friday night and we have to sweat right up to 12 o'clock. That's the type of club we are now.

"The top three or four teams have a massive advantage; they can even play with you and say they are coming for one of your players but then not actually [do so]. I'm sure that goes on."

:lol:

Christ almighty. I know I use the odd comma here and there, but I didn't think my grammar was that hard to follow.

As Teasy said, I stated that we had a first team that IS significantly worse than our first XI, the same as almost every other club.

So it's a positive that we're in a position that 'many other teams' are in after finishing 5th and spending far less than the newly promoted teams? Honestly, Ian, even for you. :lol:

The difference in quality between 10 or 11 of our players and the rest is an abject disgrace, has hurt us time and time again in the past and yet again hasn't been addressed. All the talk about 'long term visions' mean nothing when such a short-sighted, window dressed approach is in effect.

Christ almighty. I know I use the odd comma here and there, but I didn't think my grammar was that hard to follow.

As Teasy said, I stated that we had a first team that IS significantly worse than our first XI, the same as almost every other club.

We have a first team that is worse than our first X1, how's that work you nutter?

So it's a positive that we're in a position that 'many other teams' are in after finishing 5th and spending far less than the newly promoted teams? Honestly, Ian, even for you. :lol:

The difference in quality between 10 or 11 of our players and the rest is an abject disgrace, has hurt us time and time again in the past and yet again hasn't been addressed. All the talk about 'long term visions' mean nothing when such a short-sighted, window dressed approach is in effect.

Eh?

FFS, what I was talking about was the fact that we have a decent enough reserve side because of people like Marveaux, Amalfitano, Bigirimana etc. We have brought in some very decent squad players.

Then I said it was a luxury to have a reserve team that isn't significantly worse than the first XI. Which is clearly true.

We have a first team that is worse than our first X1, how's that work you nutter?

This place is annoying enough without actual wind ups.

"If you can't do your business in the summer, then I don't know why because there is plenty of time."

Pardew added: "The reality is it (the transfer window) shuts on Friday night and we have to sweat right up to 12 o'clock. That's the type of club we are now.

AKA We are not signing anyone and there is a very good chance someone will get sold.