NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest BooBoo

I may be in the minority here but I actually think it's harder to crack the top four this year than last. Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea spent ridiculous money. Arsenal will still be there, Spurs still there. Liverpool to look out for. I don't think we're two signings away from the CL, I think we're quite a distance away.

Chelsea finishing 5th then winning the CL and blowing £100m fucked our chances, really.

And we attempt to combat this by... doing nothing? :lol:

Well we don't have the £110m it'd take to catch Chelsea. We go with the team who served us so well last year plus some upgrades on the departures...bar Best (who barely played)

Yeah, just the 21 appearances last year for Leon Best. :lol:

How many after Cissé signed? His role became less and less in the second half of the season. He was technically replaced in January

It's highly likely that either Ba or Cisse will be injured at one point during the season. As it stands their deputy is Shola and him alone. Best had a reasonable goal return and played well with Ba. As a player he was limited but better than nothing, incredulous that he's not been replaced because I've seen little in Sameobi or Vuckic to suggest they're ready to step up.

The implication from O-Nut's post is that the first team players the other clubs have brought in will perform no better than the ones they've sold, when that's not necessarily the case. They've replaced quality with quality. It's not just about numbers; if we'd sold Simpson and bought Debuchy nobody would give a shit.

That may be the case. But I have never heard of an athlete that don´t want to improve. And if there is. They can f*** off from the professional world.

The club isn't an athlete, it's a business. And the athletes that do improve enough, well, they go to the clubs with the cash i.e. Man U, City and Chelsea

We are ok on numbers? Well screw the numbers. Look at the quality of this numbers instead. And the striker department :facepalm: especially since we try and play with two strikers at the same time :alone:

We got by with weak links like Simpson last season - partly because other clubs (most obviously Liverpool, Chelsea - domestically - and Everton to an extent) under performed. We won't get by again. Right now, even with an almost fully fit squad, you're looking at playing kids in the Europa League.

We need a stronger squad. End of.

I'd take 6th right now tbh and would consider it a massive success.

The implication from O-Nut's post is that the first team players the other clubs have brought in will perform no better than the ones they've sold, when that's not necessarily the case. They've replaced quality with quality. It's not just about numbers; if we'd sold Simpson and bought Debuchy nobody would give a s***.

:thup:

I may be in the minority here but I actually think it's harder to crack the top four this year than last. Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea spent ridiculous money. Arsenal will still be there, Spurs still there. Liverpool to look out for. I don't think we're two signings away from the CL, I think we're quite a distance away.

Chelsea finishing 5th then winning the CL and blowing £100m fucked our chances, really.

Well we don't have the £110m it'd take to catch Chelsea. We go with the team who served us so well last year plus some upgrades on the departures...bar Best (who barely played)

How many after Cissé signed? His role became less and less in the second half of the season. He was technically replaced in January

It's highly likely that either Ba or Cisse will be injured at one point during the season. As it stands their deputy is Shola and him alone. Best had a reasonable goal return and played well with Ba. As a player he was limited but better than nothing, incredulous that he's not been replaced because I've seen little in Sameobi or Vuckic to suggest they're ready to step up.

Pardew, who watches him in training most days, violently disagrees with this.

Chelsea finishing 5th then winning the CL and blowing £100m f***ed our chances, really.

Especially since they are always injured.

The implication from O-Nut's post is that the first team players the other clubs have brought in will perform no better than the ones they've sold, when that's not necessarily the case. They've replaced quality with quality. It's not just about numbers; if we'd sold Simpson and bought Debuchy nobody would give a s***.

Last summer on the whole, our incoming players were better or on a par with those going out. The clubs around us have all sold top class players, they've replaced them with quality, but to expect Giroud & Podolski to match what RvP has done, Dembele & Sigurdsson to cover Modric's departure, Borini & Allen to replace Bellamy & Kuyt for example, they're big asks.

Guest BooBoo

I believe what I see with my own eyes. Got hopes for Sammy but it's a big ask for him to hit the ground running in the Premier League.

Guest bimpy474

We are better off for strikers than we were this time last season...

Numbers yes, Ameobi twins and Vuckic if all are counted as strikers (which i do). Are just so injury prone it worries the hell out of me if Senegal beat the Ivory coast in the ANC play off.

That may be the case. But I have never heard of an athlete that don´t want to improve. And if there is. They can f*** off from the professional world.

The club isn't an athlete, it's a business. And the athletes that do improve enough, well, they go to the clubs with the cash i.e. Man U, City and Chelsea

:lol:

fair enough. Bad example. But your right. Why bother to improve since it´s no idea.

Guest bimpy474

The implication from O-Nut's post is that the first team players the other clubs have brought in will perform no better than the ones they've sold, when that's not necessarily the case. They've replaced quality with quality. It's not just about numbers; if we'd sold Simpson and bought Debuchy nobody would give a shit.

Which is what i was trying to say in rather less eloquent way.  O0

Numbers yes, Ameobi twins and Vuckic if all are counted as strikers (which i do). Are just so injury prone it worries the hell out of me if Senegal beat the Ivory coast in the ANC play off.

Was talking more our first 2 last summer was Ba and Best, this season it's Ba and Cisse. As much as I loved Best that is a hell of a step up and we are two top goalscorers away from a crisis up until January where as last year we were an injury to Ba away.

Still not happy we haven't (so far) bought another forward to replace Best but we were in a worse position this time last year.

Guest neesy111

I believe what I see with my own eyes. Got hopes for Sammy but it's a big ask for him to hit the ground running in the Premier League.

Relying on a player with 1 professional goal against a league one side as backup.

:yao:

Guest bimpy474

Was talking more our first 2 last summer was Ba and Best, this season it's Ba and Cisse. As much as I loved Best that is a hell of a step up and we are two top goalscorers away from a crisis up until January where as last year we were an injury to Ba away.

Still not happy we haven't (so far) bought another forward to replace Best but we were in a worse position this time last year.

I see mate, true but the Cisse and Ba thing, so far when ever they have played as a two (chelsea when we won 0-2 aside), they have been terrible as a pair. Just work in progress i guess.

Dont reckon Pardew is lying at all. He's having to change his story as the days pass and word them in such a way that tries to keep all the fans grounded.

Now I don't think anyone is overreacting here or throwing tantrums, but if come the end of last season we were told the only players we will bring in are a defensive midfielder / utility player and a few for the future, im sure most of us would have been a little annoyed.  The board are relying on the same players to avoid injury and do it all over again with quite possibly more games. Now hopefully they can and we do have some gifted players to attempt to repeat last season, but without reinforcements your making life that extra bit harder.

Our complete relcutance to withdraw from our policy and 'model' does seem to getting in the way of showing a little ambition.

Last summer on the whole, our incoming players were better or on a par with those going out. The clubs around us have all sold top class players, they've replaced them with quality, but to expect Giroud & Podolski to match what RvP has done, Dembele & Sigurdsson to cover Modric's departure, Borini & Allen to replace Bellamy & Kuyt for example, they're big asks.

It is a big ask but highlights even more what a missed opportunity it is for us not to spend some money on players we clearly need.  To have a player of Debuchy's class to WANT to come to Newcastle for not an unreasonable amount of cash and to not pay it is ridiculous.

Who knows? Something might still happen. If it doesn't I'll be a bit disappointed but it's not the end of the world.

I'm still clinging onto hope that this will be the case. Can't guarantee that I'll be as calm and collected as you if we end up signing no-one before the window closes :laugh:

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

@tfeditor1892 Agree. What is the point in tying chief scout to 8 year deal then not signing any of the players he recommends?!

Just what I was thinking.....

Said it before but I really do think we were expecting an out going transfer (ba, tiote) to fund our deals this summer.

That's a good point actually. 

If you assume the Carroll money was used to engineer all of last seasons incomings, makes you wonder how much 'capital outlay' we actually have or are willing to spend without an injection of cash coming in from a player sale.