NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I think any potential incomings before the window shuts may be reliant on us winning tonight, and qualifying for the Europa League.

If we win, we have that to offer potential signings (should we need to), and we'll know we have additional fixtures to play.

Lose, and the feeling in the club may be that the current squad can cope (certainly until January) with the league and league cup fixtures alone.

Our two main targets are arguably Debuchy and Carroll, and the club probably have some sort of idea/agreement about the personal terms, if as reported both players are keen to join us.

So hopefully if we win tonight, we have tomorrow to try and agree fees and push through a deal or two?

These have been my thoughts over the past two weeks. Let's hope so.

I think any potential incomings before the window shuts may be reliant on us winning tonight, and qualifying for the Europa League.

If we win, we have that to offer potential signings (should we need to), and we'll know we have additional fixtures to play.

Lose, and the feeling in the club may be that the current squad can cope (certainly until January) with the league and league cup fixtures alone.

Our two main targets are arguably Debuchy and Carroll, and the club probably have some sort of idea/agreement about the personal terms, if as reported both players are keen to join us.

So hopefully if we win tonight, we have tomorrow to try and agree fees and push through a deal or two?

That's the way I see it...

Guest Chubby Jason

The idea that the result of the game tonight will have any effect on our transfer strategy is one last straw for us to clutch on to. It won't make any difference.

Really straw clutching there.

Next people are going to be saying the weather will have an impact on potential players joining us

Really straw clutching there.

Next people are going to be saying the weather will have an impact on potential players joining us

Well, Barton likes Marseille because of the weather....

Guest neesy111

Pardew's clearly making sure that everyone knows that he isn't to blame if a big offer gets accepted  :lol:

Which he's entitled to and we all know it's correct.

Pardew's clearly making sure that everyone knows that he isn't to blame if a big offer gets accepted  :lol:

Is exactly what he is doing, so clear he has no say at all & I also wonder how long Carr will put up with scouting players for us just to be ignored or embarrassed by how we conduct ourselves in transfer dealing.

Is exactly what he is doing, so clear he has no say at all & I also wonder how long Carr will put up with scouting players for us just to be ignored or embarrassed by how we conduct ourselves in transfer dealing.

How's he ignored? Amalfiltano? Biggi? Anita? Three signing we've made just this sesaon....

How's he ignored? Amalfiltano? Biggi? Anita? Three signing we've made just this sesaon....

For the future yeah but what abut for now ?

For the future yeah but what abut for now ?

Anita's surely for now while Amalfiltano also seems more like a signing that could play straight away.

http://deportes.terra.com.pe/futbol/europeo/espanol/la-liga/el-barca-moleto-con-afellay,0a58b02ff2f69310VgnVCM3000009acceb0aRCRD.html

After weeks of negotiations with Tottenham to close the transfer of Ibrahim Afellay to English club, the player has struck late on to coaching Barca requesting a transfer to Schalke 04, also coached by Dutchman Huub Stevens.

Afellay and coincided with Stevens at PSV Eindhoven and hence the preference for an assignment to the German side. Another thing that Schalke will meet the requirements to claim the club for the transfer of your player. One issue that remains to be seen.

The agreement with Tottenham, however, is total. Pleases especially in Barcelona that Villas Boas train the London club. From the Catalan club believe the Portuguese coach is perfect for Afellay is revalued at Spurs for, if necessary, to pass on to the end of course the player for a good sum.

Pending future, Afellay will not travel with the club tomorrow to Madrid.

Klaas Jan Huntelaar ‏@KJ_Huntelaar

I want to welcome Ibrahim Afellay at #S04.!! Tomorrow training at 16.00.. Don't forget ;) wilkommen Ibrahim Afellay..!

Strange one if true. A winger? We've already got Amalfitano in; who at 23 isnt exactly a youngster and it's not an area  we need bodies.

More of an inside forward ... could be our new Bellamy .. if this twitter crap is true of course...

Guest Roger Kint

Strange one if true. A winger? We've already got Amalfitano in; who at 23 isnt exactly a youngster and it's not an area  we need bodies.

If he can play wide forward in a 4-3-3 I'm all for it. I've never seen him play TBH.

Thought he plays left or central for Palace? Sure i saw a game where he was up front and did well.