NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest bimpy474

Let me get this right, we should be grateful. We needed three players, signed only one in Anita. Now we'll see if we need cover, fucking if we need to bring one in now Raylor is injured. Are you fucking kidding, do you think we are fucking stupid.

I like you Pards but you are beginning to stretch what i can take from you. Transfers i realise aren't your fault but dont spout that grateful shit at me. Grateful we are now run well, yes i think i'am but am i grateful Ashley is our owner. No i'm fucking not. He's our owner because he chose to be not because we wanted him to be. He's made a right pigs ear of owing us to begin with and has to be fair done well in last couple.

Now with us finishing 5th, a little investment would have seen us kick on. If he allowed you to sign two more players for our squad which is too small. I would have been grateful then but not now he's trying to gamble on staying near the top without putting enough money for transfers in for us to kick on.

Had a lovely day yesterday driving up for last nights game, when i got in at 2'o clock this morning i read i should be grateful we haven't sold anyone let alone bought anyone in last few days. Bollocks.

Sorry for the rant lads, for the first time i was genuinely angry at reading what i read from Pards. Still fuming this morning.

Let me get this right, we should be grateful. We needed three players, signed only one in Anita. Now we'll see if we need cover, fucking if we need to bring one in now Raylor is injured. Are you fucking kidding, do you think we are fucking stupid.

I like you Pards but you are beginning to stretch what i can take from you. Transfers i realise aren't your fault but dont spout that grateful shit at me. Grateful we are now run well, yes i think i'am but am i grateful Ashley is our owner. No i'm fucking not. He's our owner because he chose to be not because we wanted him to be. He's made a right pigs ear of owing us to begin with and has to be fair done well in last couple.

Now with us finishing 5th, a little investment would have seen us kick on. If he allowed you to sign two more players for our squad which is too small. I would have been grateful then but not now he's trying to gamble on staying near the top without putting enough money for transfers in for us to kick on.

Had a lovely day yesterday driving up for last nights game, when i got in at 2'o clock this morning i read i should be grateful we haven't sold anyone let alone bought anyone in last few days. Bollocks.

Sorry for the rant lads, for the first time i was genuinely angry at reading what i read from Pards. Still fuming this morning.

Come on man, surely you know this isn't Pards' doing.

His hands are tied.

:thup:

I don't blame Pardew, though. He's only got to try and put a positive spin on the fact we're run by a bloke who appears happy to just get by rather than build on the fantastic progress we made last year.

Gutted beyond words that we've not improved on RB and built depth in CB/ST positions. We could be a great side, but the fact of the matter is we're still dependent on our key players staying fit in order to remain 'great'.

It's so clear from those comments how little say Pardew has in terms of transfers and how unbelievably grateful he is to Ashley for giving him the job.

I think the lack of balance in their relationship might not be a good thing for the club. Pardew has done incredibly well, but Ashley will always point to the fact that he is on top of things as he granted Pardew his way back into the Premiership.

Of course we need players, but Pardew has no "right" to demand such things. It's all on Ashley's terms.

Guest bimpy474

To all the lads who replied.

I'm angry at what Pards said about being grateful, he didn't need to say it. He has told us we needed three top players and we have only brought in one. In no way do i blame him for that i know its the board.

But i read the Carroll chase was political one not a genuine one. What to get our hopes up (a lot didn't want him back i know). Thats complete bollocks right there, along with the Grateful stuff it just really bugged me. Pards didn't need to say either.

Haz....she has gone shopping mate, for food you will be unsurprised to hear :lol:

Guest neesy111

It's so clear from those comments how little say Pardew has in terms of transfers and how unbelievably grateful he is to Ashley for giving him the job.

I think the lack of balance in their relationship might not be a good thing for the club. Pardew has done incredibly well, but Ashley will always point to the fact that he is on top of things as he granted Pardew his way back into the Premiership.

Of course we need players, but Pardew has no "right" to demand such things. It's all on Ashley's terms.

It's fine for now, but a poor season and it'll have backfired on us.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm angry at what Pards said about being grateful, he didn't need to say it. He has told us we needed three top players and we have only brought in one. In no way do i blame him for that i know its the board.

But i read the Carroll chase was political one not a genuine one. What to get our hopes up (a lot didn't want him back i know). Thats complete bollocks right there, along with the Grateful stuff it just really bugged me. Pards didn't need to say either.

Haz....she has gone shopping mate, for food you will be unsurprised to hear :lol:

Thought the political thing was that Liverpool wouldnt deal with us rather than not genuine?

Edit: Or what Hindu said

Guest neesy111

He didn't mean it was a Political chase as in "we weren't really trying to get him". He means that Liverpool were desperate not to do business with us, and accepted another bid, for political reasons (i.e. they didn't want to lose face by selling him back to us for so much cheaper).

He said it was a political bid by us.

Aye, but like Ian W said above; there are probably very few other managers around that would work with Ashley under these conditions. You could question Pardew's pride and morale, but as things stand, this way of running our club seems as if it's working to a suprisingly great extent.

I'm happy with it for now. I just hope it doesn't turn ugly when Ashley decides it's time to cash in for sure. We've gone three windows without selling any player who hasn't expressed a will to leave. Should be about time within the next year.

Pardew deserves credit for how he has worked out how to work with Ashley IMO. You could say he could cause a fuss and walk out if he doesn't get his way enough, but that's just posturing really. He has presided over a very good period for the club.

Guest neesy111

Aye, but like Ian W said above; there are probably very few other managers around that would work with Ashley under these conditions. You could question Pardew's pride and morale, but as things stand, this way of running our club seems as if it's working to a suprisingly great extent.

I'm happy with it for now. I just hope it doesn't turn ugly when Ashley decides it's time to cash in for sure. We've gone three windows without selling any player who hasn't expressed a will to leave. Should be about time within the next year.

If Pardew is not challenging Ashley on stuff, then it's a sign of weakness from him generally from a management perspective.

Guest bimpy474

He didn't mean it was a Political chase as in "we weren't really trying to get him". He means that Liverpool were desperate not to do business with us, and accepted another bid, for political reasons (i.e. they didn't want to lose face by selling him back to us for so much cheaper).

He said it was a political bid by us.

Exactly.

To those who say it wasn't a poitcal bid by us could you explain why Pards said this.

"For us the Andy Carroll one was a political move that perhaps wasn't going to go our way," Pardew admitted.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/08/31/ryan-taylor-blow-may-force-united-into-the-market-61634-31733380/2/#ixzz2571YVHWa

:thup: They're my thoughts too.

Seems ok for now with a strong looking XI but when we're competing on 4 fronts with a thin squad we're asking for trouble really.

We could easily have an up and down season, finish about 7th/8th and our better players may want to move on. I'm sure they're as frustrated as Pards' and us with the lack of new faces.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew never said it was a political bid by us.  It would help if people read what he actually said and the context.

Read above "a politcal move by us"

Guest Roger Kint

Pardew never said it was a political bid by us.  It would help if people read what he actually said and the context.

Read above "a politcal move by us"

Read above, he didnt say that :lol:

Guest neesy111

The context is, it seems the club knew Liverpool weren't going to sell him to us a month ago and the whole stuff going on from that has been a smokescreen to keep the fans happy by apparently look like we were interested in him still.

Guest bimpy474

I think he meant it was politically sensitive, i.e. Liverpool would be embarrassed if they sold him back to us for a big discount.

Thats fair enough Ian, it is open to debate how you interpret the comments. I'm just fed up this morning. I actually think it was the "we will look at if we need to bring someone in now Raylor's injured".

If, its just insulting to our intelligence to suggest its an if.