NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Gomis :anguish:

Just a younger Shola.

He's scored 40 goals in 78 games in the last 2 seasons. By way of comparison Shola has 34 goals in the last 8 seasons

Looks like he might be just a little more proficient than wor Shola!

Was gonna say, if we get Gomis, expect even longer balls...i think this backs up the idea that Loic Remy would have just been striker down the middle too, just the long balls would be tried to be lofted in behind the defence...

Guest Brazilianbob

Well I cant see us getting Aubamyang in January because St Etienne just got to the French League cup final last night by beating Lille on penalties.  Also Montpellier are playing in the other semi tonight, and if they get to the final I reckon we can say bye bye to Mbiwa too.  Time to move on to other targets I reckon!

There'd be something tragically beautiful about signing Siem De Jong and giving him to Pardew to do something with. If we're stuck with Pardew we're better off signing a lump like Gomis, the alternative is long balls up to Cisse.

Maybe Pardew wants to buy Gomis because he doesn't want to have Cisse as the target man. What that means for Cisse I'm not sure, either 4-4-2 or more wing duty probably.

There'd be something tragically beautiful about signing Siem De Jong and giving him to Pardew to do something with. If we're stuck with Pardew we're better off signing a lump like Gomis, the alternative is long balls up to Cisse.

Maybe Pardew wants to buy Gomis because he doesn't want to have Cisse as the target man. What that means for Cisse I'm not sure, either 4-4-2 or more wing duty probably.

The club want to buy Gomis because they missed out on Remy.

I'm fine with it, I said months ago that if he isn't going to be sacked he needs to be backed with players he knows how to do something with.

The club want to buy Gomis because they missed out on Remy.

I'm fine with it, I said months ago that if he isn't going to be sacked he needs to be backed with players he knows how to do something with.

Yep. Long ball football won't get you into the top 4 but it can still keep you in the top 10 regularly if you do it right. Better that than trying to fit ball players into systems they don't understand.

@F8Piraux: Newcastle aka "Nouveau Château" keep an eye on Montpellier defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa. (Le Parisien) #NUFC #MHSC

It's getting a bit late for the "keep an eye on" stage.

Worryingly it seems a centre half will only be signed if Colo goes.

@F8Piraux: Newcastle aka "Nouveau Château" keep an eye on Montpellier defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa. (Le Parisien) #NUFC #MHSC

Why does it seem that?

Why does it seem that?

It's what reports seem to suggest recently. Every link is 'And captain Coloccini may also leave but they are watching *insert name* as a possible replacement.'