NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

The days of box to box are gone IMO. Players need a clear function or quality which they bring to the side.

We have too many centre midfielders who dont actually offer anything. Pardew is the reason.

I thought sissoko's best position was defensive midfielder

Not at all. He's rather lazy defensively.

The days of box to box are gone IMO. Players need a clear function or quality which they bring to the side.

We have too many centre midfielders who dont actually offer anything. Pardew is the reason.

I don't think that's true. There are plenty of players who are equally adept going forward as they are dropping back. Vidal, Marchisio, De Rossi (more of a deep-lying playmaker these days), Schweinsteiger, Toure, Boateng etc. It's valuable to have one player who can adequately perform the role of two.

Guest chopey

When sissoko first came he looked a class act but his form soon dipped once Pardew got his hands on him

Think of Cabaye goes there could well be something in the Leroy Fer rumours - be a very dynamic midfield 3 with him, Sissoko and Anita/Tiote in there.

Is dynamic a new word for no creativity?

Cabaye was credited with 2 assists this season, hasn't been the creative force you might imagine. I just think if you have a midfield section with plenty of pace and power you free up more time and space for HBA and hopefully someone like PEA to provide the creativity.

Guest VanBarduck

I often ask myself: how many "intelligent" player do we have in the team?

2 ? cabaye and Colo ? maybe 3 with Marveaux , we seriously need to bring "football IQ" in the starting XI.

When sissoko first came he looked a class act but his form soon dipped once Pardew got his hands on him

No doubt. Guy has a lot of talent, that much is clear. I think he took too much upon himself and it just wore him down.

2 ? cabaye and Colo ? maybe 3 with Marveaux , we seriously need to bring "football IQ" in the starting XI.

We should tempt Clarke Carlisle back out of retirement.

Or put some studs on Stephen Hawking's wheels.

Or put some studs on Stephen Hawking's wheels.

Would probably put in a better corner driving his wheelchair at the ball than we currently manage.

He's right though, we lack football intelligence. At the wrong end of the scale are the likes of Obertan, Tiote, Ameobi, Williamson, Taylor, Jonas, gosling, Cisse & Simpson before he left.

Even the likes of hba & Cabaye don't really excel. The only player we do have is colo. Funnily enough i think perch has enough to match his limited ability.  :lol:

Think of Cabaye goes there could well be something in the Leroy Fer rumours - be a very dynamic midfield 3 with him, Sissoko and Anita/Tiote in there.

Cabaye was credited with 2 assists this season, hasn't been the creative force you might imagine. I just think if you have a midfield section with plenty of pace and power you free up more time and space for HBA and hopefully someone like PEA to provide the creativity.

Firstly....Cabaye was getting the ball off the freaking defenders he was so bloody deep.

Secondly assist count =/= creativity.

I find it fascinating that people want to replace the only CM we have who iscreative and can pass with someone who isn't creative and is limited at passing.

I don't find the idea of 3 midfielders who struggle to pass, create and slow the pace down when necessary very promising.

I think Cabaye is a very intelligent player, he just doesn't really fit into an English team too well. He doesn't seem to like getting forward or making runs into the box, so he ends up playing behind Tiote which is fine for spraying around nice passes, but he's not a good tackler so ends up making lot of messy fouls when he's playing in that position. Maybe a different manager could set the team up to use him like a continental side would, that's the frustrating thing about Pardew, we'll just never know while he's here.

Guest VanBarduck

He's right though, we lack football intelligence. At the wrong end of the scale are the likes of Obertan, Tiote, Ameobi, Williamson, Taylor, Jonas, gosling, Cisse & Simpson before he left.

Even the likes of hba & Cabaye don't really excel. The only player we do have is colo. Funnily enough i think perch has enough to match his limited ability.  :lol:

Thank you.

I think Cabaye is a very intelligent player, he just doesn't really fit into an English team too well. He doesn't seem to like getting forward or making runs into the box

I think this is a complete misjudgement.

He scored 16 and assisted 19 in his last two seasons in France. His conservativeness here is clearly a product of the management. The few times he has been allowed to operate primarily in the final third he's been excellent. This talk of him being a natural "deep lying playmaker" or whatever is bizarre.

Guest bimpy474

In his entire time here, not once has Pardew played him in the right way, and in the right system, with the right style to get the best out of him. The run we had playing 4-3-3 season before last was just about the only time it resembled anything suiting him.

He compensated by working his bollocks off because the way Pardew had/has us playing meant he would chase. As commendable as that is, i would much rather he was on the ball dictating the pace of a game, than chasing the ball around like a loon because of our managers ineptitude.

Well when Cabaye played for France against Spain the last time he did exactly that, chased around like a loon, not getting the ball and giving away stupid free kicks. So there's not only Pardew who doesn't know what his best position is.

Guest bimpy474

Well when Cabaye played for France against Spain the last time he did exactly that, chased around like a loon, not getting the ball and giving away stupid free kicks. So there's not only Pardew who doesn't know what his best position is.

No way is there a manager as dumb as Pardew surely ? :lol:

No way is there a manager as dumb as Pardew surely ? :lol:

Tbf doing it against Spain is one thing, doing it at home to relegation fodder is completely different.

Guest chopey

Pardew said that Cabaye was his Quarterback so he might have just confused him giving him instructions for a totally different sport. It would also explain the drop in form of other players Krul (wicket keeper) Tiote (Scrum half) Barfa (pie eating) and Ranger (footballer)