NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

We turned down Douglas on a free. We're clearly not signing anyone this summer. Not even Matt Taylor.

http://www.disney.co.uk/cms_res/winnie-the-pooh/characters/eeyore_new.png

He's looking far too cheerful there, he's wearing a pink bow FFS.

Hasn't Kinnear essentially been on holidays until you gave him a job two weeks ago? :lol:

Anyway, I wouldn't be too worried about him not being around.

no apparently been "hard at work" or some shit like that and wanted a signing to "prove his credibility" by Friday in local papers

Hasn't Kinnear essentially been on holidays until you gave him a job two weeks ago? :lol:

He was helping the Sultan of Brunei escape the arranged marriage he was forced into as a boy, or something like that.

He was helping the Sultan of Brunei escape the arranged marriage he was forced into as a boy, or something like that.

Headlining Glastonbury, he must be knackered.

:lol:

;D

What to make of this? Sports Direct News! Sorry if already posted..

........Newcastle United have made a dramatic late entrance into the race for Wigan Athletic striker Arouna Kone - in a bid to hijack his move to Everton.

Toon boss Mike Ashley has told Latics he will pay £5 million for the Ivory Coast hit man and has been given permission to talk to him.

Kone was due to close a move to Goodison and team up with former Wigan chief Roberto Martinez, but now he has two choices.

Newcastle will pay the £5m up front that Latics owner Dave Whelan is demanding and are happy to compete at the death and try to talk Kone round.

Kone was a big success in his debut season in the Premier League and was chased by Norwich and Swansea City before Everton showed their hand.

Despite Kone saying that he prefers Everton the door is just slightly open for Newcastle who badly want the powerful and skillful African.

Kone will not be at Wigan for pre-season training today as he sorts out his future, with an unexpected alternative on his mind.

What to make of this? Sports Direct News! Sorry if already posted..

........Newcastle United have made a dramatic late entrance into the race for Wigan Athletic striker Arouna Kone - in a bid to hijack his move to Everton.

Toon boss Mike Ashley has told Latics he will pay £5 million for the Ivory Coast hit man and has been given permission to talk to him.

Kone was due to close a move to Goodison and team up with former Wigan chief Roberto Martinez, but now he has two choices.

Newcastle will pay the £5m up front that Latics owner Dave Whelan is demanding and are happy to compete at the death and try to talk Kone round.

Kone was a big success in his debut season in the Premier League and was chased by Norwich and Swansea City before Everton showed their hand.

Despite Kone saying that he prefers Everton the door is just slightly open for Newcastle who badly want the powerful and skillful African.

Kone will not be at Wigan for pre-season training today as he sorts out his future, with an unexpected alternative on his mind.

Stopped reading there.

That is quite a lot of specific information to just completely make up, no?

From the same site who brought us the Rooney bid news? I'll say yes.

Yeah, fair enough. Although I have read Dave Whelan saying there were 3 bids activating his release clause, but he only name dropped Everton.

Guest Roger Kint

That is quite a lot of specific information to just completely make up, no?

From the same site who brought us the Rooney bid news? I'll say yes.

Yeah i wouldnt believe a word on that site after their last few stories. Would take Kone probably over Bent as he at least has pace and works for the team. Can also work out wide too. Not that i think Ashley will pay for a bloke in his 30's.

http://www1.skysports.com/news/11095/8803280/

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan has admitted to receiving three bids for Arouna Kone, with Everton among the interested parties.

Sky Sports revealed on Tuesday that the Toffees had made an approach, with Roberto Martinez planning a raid on his former employees.

Kone has been linked with a switch to Goodison Park ever since it was confirmed that Martinez was to leave the Latics for Merseyside.

He has a £5million buy-out clause in his contract and is looking to activate that following Wigan's relegation out of the Premier League.

Everton are prepared to offer him an immediate return to the top flight, but they face competition for the Ivorian's signature from two other clubs.

Whelan said on a possible deal: "Three clubs have made offers for Kone - Everton is one - as he had a clause in his contract that he could go if someone paid £5m.

"I think he will go to Everton."

Could well believe this, as Kone was very productive last season, and is an absolute steal at £5 million.

Also, a far more rounded striker than Bent, who can play that wide role in a 4-3-3, which he often did when Wigan sometimes played DiSanto as the number 9, with Maloney just off him on the left, and Kone just off him on the right.