NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

There is nothing wrong with a director of football.... there is nothing wrong with the idea of someone replacing Llambias to do negotiations among other things.

Problem comes when you get firstly Dennis Wise to do the job and then Joe f*cking Kinnear.

The explanation is that we're trying to get the best deals, that consideration comes before everything else.

Yep, they undoubtedly want the best deal ahead of whether we sign players early or later.  More and better deals are available late on which is why we sign players after July most seasons.  The same reason why most clubs make their signings in July/August.

The explanation is that we're trying to get the best deals, that consideration comes before everything else.

All the other clubs don't give a fuck, obviously. :lol:

There is nothing wrong with a director of football.... there is nothing wrong with the idea of someone replacing Llambias to do negotiations among other things.

Problem comes when you get firstly Dennis Wise to do the job and then Joe f*cking Kinnear.

Probably the two worst choices anyone could think of.

Guest icemanblue

Is Ian in charge of our transfers, like?

It's a joy trying to decode your cryptic passive-agressive posts Dave, it really is.

Do we need a 'things that haven't happened yet' thread? We could include - PEA going to Dortmund, Swansea singing Bony and Gomis, all our rivals stealing a march on us, us signing Bent and Tomkins,  the list goes on. It might be useful.

Apart from the 11-12 Premier League clubs who haven't signed anyone yet you mean.  Including the likes of Tottenham, those penny pinching bastards ???

I'm only messing Ian. I know you have this overwhelming urge to defend every single thing about the club and its policies so you couldn't resist, but I'm just pulling your leg. We're not the only club that cares about value for money, but we're probably the only one that would finish 5th then only sign one player. :lol:

As I said the other day, it all feels a bit pointless to me at present anyway. We're a circus, anything could happen. Sarcastic comments are all I have left.

I'm not defending anything in this case, except the idea that we should complain about things that have actually happened.

I don't blame anyone for being mentally wrecked though, I am too. Just holding onto the hope that JFK won't completely destroy our recruitment.

I'm only messing Ian. I know you have this overwhelming urge to defend every single thing about the club and its policies so you couldn't resist, but I'm just pulling your leg.

:lol:

Guest chopey

I'm not defending anything in this case, except the idea that we should complain about things that have actually happened.

I don't blame anyone for being mentally wrecked though, I am too. Just holding onto the hope that JFK won't completely destroy our recruitment.

I think its too late for that

I'm only messing Ian. I know you have this overwhelming urge to defend every single thing about the club and its policies so you couldn't resist, but I'm just pulling your leg. We're not the only club that cares about value for money, but we're probably the only one that would finish 5th then only sign one player. :lol:

As I said the other day, it all feels a bit pointless to me at present anyway. We're a circus, anything could happen. Sarcastic comments are all I have left.

Ian's separating his anger at the current situation from his opinions on other issues, nowt wrong with that.

By the way, we've finished higher than 5th before and signed less players under a different owner, so I doubt we're the only club to do it.  Because if we are and we've done it twice under two different people then we need to get mulder and scully in here :lol:

Disclaimer: I'm not defending Ashley for not building on our 5th place season.. just making that clear before I'm accused of it :D

Ian's optimism is underrated on here. If we had 52,000 Ian's at SJP, we could beat anything that arrived on our turf, anything.

It's not about optimism, it's just criticising the things that have happened and I don't agree with (which I have done) from the rest. I'm not going to be raging about lack of signings on the 2nd July. IMO our recruitment is the one thing we've done pretty well at. JFK is a massive spanner in the works, but we just have to wait and see what impact he actually has.

Guest chopey

Ian's optimism is underrated on here. If we had 52,000 Ian's at SJP, we could beat anything that arrived on our turf, anything.

It's not about optimism, it's just criticising the things that have happened and I don't agree with (which I have done) from the rest. I'm not going to be raging about lack of signings on the 2nd July. IMO our recruitment is the one thing we've done pretty well at. JFK is a massive spanner in the works, but we just have to wait and see what impact he actually has.

Sensible...

Guest bimpy474

One things for sure, JFK's gob and bluster will be tested now. He'll have to prove the shit he comes out with.

A balanced view but can you really envisage JFK having any impact other than negative?

A balanced view but can you really envisage JFK having any impact other than negative?

No, his impact is highly likely to be negative. I'm just hoping it's not bad enough to really fuck things up.

Except nepotism, cost and favours of course. If we were trying to get the best deals above all else do you really think Mike would appoint Kinnear? Really? Mike Ashley a self made billionaire militant businessman.

Doubtless getting the best deal possible will be part of Kinnear's remit but to say that the best deal comes before everything else does not reconcile with giving the job to Joe Kinnear. Its that simple.

Imagine if Graham Carr was given the DoF role. Seems to be more knowledgeable than anyone else at the club.

He's good at spotting decent players for low prices, lets not make him out to be a God.