NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Imagine if Graham Carr was given the DoF role. Seems to be more knowledgeable than anyone else at the club.

He's good at spotting decent players for low prices, lets not make him out to be a God.

Would be appropriate attributes for someone "in charge of transfers", would it not?

Pretty uninspiring link but that wouldn't be the worst signing in the world, providing he had a Perch/Raylor-type role in the squad. We desperately lack wingers. I'd hope we'd sign another one, though. Like, a good one.

Do Pardew's targets all have to be either former players of his or current west ham players?

How the f*** do you know who Pardew's targets are? Seriously  :fool:

A journo picks a random player, puts it in his paper, if they are good, it's Carr, if they are old and s***, it's Pardew!

Guest Roger Kint

Do Pardew's targets all have to be either former players of his or current west ham players?

A journo picks a random player, puts it in his paper, if they are good, it's Carr, if they are old and s***, it's Pardew!

:thup:

That's what I meant. The papers keep linking us with certain players and say "oh Carr wants Aubameyang but Pardew wants Bent, Tomkins etc"

I'm laughing at how lazy the journos are who keep linking us with either WestHam players or his former players.

That's what I meant. The papers keep linking us with certain players and say "oh Carr wants Aubameyang but Pardew wants Bent, Tomkins etc"

I'm laughing at how lazy the journos are who keep linking us with either WestHam players or his former players.

It's either lazy journalism, or Pardew. Of course it is. We'll just have to wait and see. (/Might never find out, like.)

Well, Pardew is the one clamoring for domestic purchases and experience, so it's only natural for people to think they're his targets. But yeah, it's probably just shit journalism, everyone knows what Pardew wants, just link a few former players and your done.

It's almost worth signing the likes of Taylor just to see the utter meltdown on here.  :lol:

Worst thing is, I'd have him over Jonas any day.  :weep:

That's it for me, I don't think it would be an horrendous signing. Providing the price was fair (I'm talking Perch/Guthrie/Bigi/Williamson sorta money), he would be a perfectly decent squad-filler. It would also depend on who was leaving; like-for-like with Marveaux, for example, it'd be a crap signing. He's always had good technique and, I'd hazard to say, more end-product than the likes of Jonas and Obertan. However, I'd really like to see us invest properly on a decent winger as well. I can't remember the last time we signed an out-and-out wide-man that was actually good.

By the by, I'm not saying there's any truth in the rumour, only I suspect he's the sort of player we're going to be linked with in abundance this summer.

Perch out, Matty Taylor in wouldn't be that bad, purely because you'd hope Good can cover as 5th CB, Tavernier as 3rd RB and Bigi as 5th CM/CM, and the places we really need cover are on the flanks, where Taylor would play most of the time.

I still would rather we didn't bin off Perch though.

Guest bimpy474

Jonas is here for as long as Pardew is, prepare for Jonas plus 10 others. You all know it's true and accepting it will make it all easier in the end.

Guest bimpy474

Maylor isn't a proper winger as it is, i would like a proper beat his man, whip in a cross, arse off seat winger.

Jonas is here for as long as Pardew is, prepare for Jonas plus 10 others. You all know it's true and accepting it will make it all easier in the end.

I don't believe he'll play every week next season. He'll be an important member of the squad like.