NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Tiote has just been trying/having to do too much and being woefully exposed. Against Pacos there was a glimpse of his old self when he was breaking everything up and playing it simple. He's not a good footballer but can certainly be an important one if used correctly.

Then Pardew.

Should never ever touch the ball, imo.

Guest chopey

So according to the Lyon chairman we have registered an interest for Gomis but not made an offer so when it all goes tits up Kinnear can say "I've done what you asked boss, made the fans think we were in for players but not followed through on deals, we will make a profit this window"

He was at his usual blundering, unreliable best against Pacos. Can't pass, can't tackle, can't retain the ball. He's hopeless.

He does have hope, in that he was once great for us. If he can return to that form theres no denying he would be an asset. I don't really trust our management team to improve any player though unfortunately.

Anita

Sissoko                          Cabaye

Ben Arfa    Cissé    Remy

Would be my preferred front six if we could get Remy. Swap Remy for Gouffran should we not sign him.

People really don't have a problem with signing Remy? Even if you ignore the pending Rape Case (which should completely rule out this signing) this is still a guy who publicly turned us down for QPR only a few months ago. I'd rather have someone else.

He has shown to be a quality forward who can perform in this league. He is quick, can play through the centre but more importantly for me out wide and still be effective. We won't get a player of his quality for the prices being touted, so we won't get a player of his quality.

I can live with him going after a 6 month mega pay day when he knew he would be leaving at the end of the season anyway. I care more about the quality of the squad than my pride.

While most people would be happy if we signed say, two from Remy, Gomis or Bent it's not as if these are real top of the range strikers, so there shouldn't really be that much of a problem in getting their signatures on a contract. What I mean by that is that while they area all quality forwards, the CL clubs for the most part usually set their sights higher so we should be in a good position to push through the deals if we are determined enough. The competiton for their services isn't going to be that stiff so there really isn't much excuse for not having a decent forward line come the start of the season.

While most people would be happy if we signed say, two from Remy, Gomis or Bent it's not as if these are real top of the range strikers, so there shouldn't really be that much of a problem in getting their signatures on a contract. What I mean by that is that while they area all quality forwards, the CL clubs for the most part usually set their sights higher so we should be in a good position to push through the deals if we are determined enough. The competiton for their services isn't going to be that stiff so there really isn't much excuse for not having a decent forward line come the start of the season.

There is a problem: Joe Kinnear. Think of transfer activity as a clean pair of y-fronts and think of him as the skidmark which prevents you feeling free to take your trousers off.

This is the worst article I have ever seen

http://threeandin.com/?p=23861

Last season, Gignac was deployed in front of a midfield trio, which included Newcastle new boy Morgan Amalfitano. It was a successful arrangement, as Marseille managed a second placed finish behind PSG. This could tempt Gignac into a move to the North East, and could also help with the transition into English football if the move goes ahead.

Against Pacos he almost cost us two goals, and had time on the ball and still managed to be s**** on it. In the PL he doesn't have that.

Unfortunately along with Anita he's the only option.

Then we should get another option. Tiote is holding the team back, in terms of our ability to build attacks.

Guest bimpy474

Against Pacos he almost cost us two goals, and had time on the ball and still managed to be s**** on it. In the PL he doesn't have that.

Unfortunately along with Anita he's the only option.

Then we should get another option. Tiote is holding the team back, in terms of our ability to build attacks.

He does but Pardew picks him in front of Anita, Marv and playing Sissoko there. Pardew holds the ultimate responsibility for the team line up.

Just 2 weeks left until season starts and no players through door, missed full pre season and massive opportunity to right the wrongs of last year. Worrying time really, don't expect to get any through the door before Man City game

Just 2 weeks left until season starts and no players through door, missed full pre season and massive opportunity to right the wrongs of last year. Worrying time really, don't expect to get any through the door before Man City game

Panic button has been officially pressed.