NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

There's obviously no money been made available from Ashley.

We could easily have got any of ;

Gomis:  £4-7m?

Remy:  £6-8m?

Bent:    £5-8m?

Sinclair: £5m? (rumoured price today) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2377141/Scott-Sinclair-wanted-West-Brom-Everton.html

None of those fees are extortionate considering our stature as a club and our desperation for a striker.

TV money, flogg Cisse for 17 mil - buy 3 forwards and have Gouffran as an option.

Running out of time now...we have 20 odd days to find players  :lol:

???

38 days?

EDIT:  I see, start of the season, you think Kinnear cares about the start of the seasons, its Pardews problem no doubt.

Well I would like us to get some players in before the season starts, you to kow, to get used to Pardews game plan and tactics.

Fucking hell that's the last thing we want :lol: I wish players could just ignore him.  But yeah getting players in before the first game should be one of the priorities.

Newcastle and Rennes have expressed an interest in Benfica striker Nelson Oliveira, according to The Times.

...through the medium of dance.

http://i.imgur.com/0tI6NTw.gif

Haha holy shit :lol:

Not happening, won't sign anyone and likely to lose a player or 2 (Wouldn't be surprised to see Cisse and Cabaye go with sub standard or no replacement)

Can't believe how hard we find it to get players in, we are the most unprofessional team in the league and completely shit at what we do. I would have took quite a few players that have recently moved for reasonable fees.

We don't seem to have a very geared up approach to transfers

and yet a year ago we were envied for our approach to transfers. Big Mike had to go f*** with that as well just like he f***s up every other decision he makes at this club.

Over a year ago really now.

Although we were quite good in January, we fucked up massively last summer and seem to be making same mistakes this summer. The summer when we got Cabaye and Ba was best for a long time. I would settle for selling a player or 2 if we can just get a winger and striker over the line, convinced if we can get a couple of dynamic players up there that it would transform us. Maybe we have to lose Cisse and Cabaye and use that money to bring in 4 players Winger, Striker, Striker, Centre Mid - more dynamic than Cabaye

and yet a year ago we were envied for our approach to transfers. Big Mike had to go f*** with that as well just like he f***s up every other decision he makes at this club.

Although we were quite good in January, we f***ed up massively last summer and seem to be making same mistakes this summer. The summer when we got Cabaye and Ba was best for a long time. I would settle for selling a player or 2 if we can just get a winger and striker over the line, convinced if we can get a couple of dynamic players up there that it would transform us. Maybe we have to lose Cisse and Cabaye and use that money to bring in 4 players Winger, Striker, Striker, Centre Mid - more dynamic than Cabaye

Don't think we would have the time to do that now, sounds stupid i know when we are in July but this club works so damn slow and that summer when we signed Cabaye and Ba a lot of it happened at the beginning.

Although we were quite good in January, we f***ed up massively last summer and seem to be making same mistakes this summer. The summer when we got Cabaye and Ba was best for a long time. I would settle for selling a player or 2 if we can just get a winger and striker over the line, convinced if we can get a couple of dynamic players up there that it would transform us. Maybe we have to lose Cisse and Cabaye and use that money to bring in 4 players Winger, Striker, Striker, Centre Mid - more dynamic than Cabaye

Don't think we would have the time to do that now, sounds stupid i know when we are in July but this club works so damn slow and that summer when we signed Cabaye and Ba a lot of it happened at the beginning.

Agree we are running out of time fast. Logical solution would have been to dump Cabaye and Cisse for good fees (Prob 30 mil for the pair) and shake things up a little, bring in a couple of british players if we could or more direct attacking players. The club needed a good shake up following last season something that cunt down the road seems to be trying to do for them lot, may not work out for them but fair play. We just seem to be happy to retain all of the players that underachieved last season and aren't english. Need to be ruthless

We definitely need a striker at the very least even moreso if we are prepared not to play Cisse if there is no resolution to the Wonga thing.

If we don't buy a striker, we will almost certainly be relegated as there is no way we can rely on Gouffran, Shola and Campbell to provide sufficient goals and anyway Shola is unlikely to stay fit for more than a game or two at a time.

Despite how incompetent we appear to be at the moment, I just cannot believe Ashley would ultimately be willing to take that risk.

The problem is how long will our supposed targets hang around for.  If other clubs come in for then, I don't expect them to hang around for Newcastle to decide when they are going to actually put in a bid.

With regards to selling players, if any other club came in for Cabaye, I would expect they would be confident of getting the player so they know they can take their time.  If we are waiting to sell before we buy then we could run out of time.

I just don't see why we can't afford to spend some of the TV money like every other club is doing so.  No-one is asking them to spend a fortune but just buy the players we desperately need and anyway, they keep telling us (when it suits) that we are financially strong and don't need to sell any of our players.

Guest Roger Kint

Seeing as Campbell is getting a loan lined up very soon we clearly expect to sign someone. The problem with this seemingly easy process is the clown who does the signing, its not the work of a world class DOF :lol:

If we don't buy a striker, we will almost certainly be relegated as there is no way we can rely on Gouffran, Shola and Campbell to provide sufficient goals and anyway Shola is unlikely to stay fit for more than a game or two at a time.

problem is we're lightweight upfront and have buffoon of a manager who is not smart enough to work around the above striker shortage

a decent manager would get us to january no bother imo by adapting a system to utilise hba, marv, sissoko & cabaye to good effect with gouff and campbell...it'd have to be based on passing and movement though, keeping possession and the ball on the ground hence why we're fucked

there's potentially a lot of goals in that midfield, we just have a manager without a scooby how to get them

Guest icemanblue

Might be worth having a look at the goal scoring records of the midfielders you've mentioned there, like.

Interesting line in Caulkin's latest article...

I’m directly aware of one transfer which is good to go in just about every sense but which is being held up because “the people above (Pardew) are the problem.”

I'm now of the opinion we're not signing anyone this summer. Kinnear doesn't want to strengthen the team and potentially Pardew's position when his only concern is getting back in the dugout. And I don't imagine the owner is too upset that his mate Joe is telling him to put his wallet away.

Guest icemanblue

Interesting line in Caulkin's latest article...

I’m directly aware of one transfer which is good to go in just about every sense but which is being held up because “the people above (Pardew) are the problem.”

I'm now of the opinion we're not signing anyone this summer. Kinnear doesn't want to strengthen the team and potentially Pardew's position when his only concern is getting back in the dugout. And I don't imagine the owner is too upset that his mate Joe is telling him to put his wallet away.

Whilst I'm not sure I entirely agree with the motives you've mentioned, it's becoming clearer by the day that those in control are actively involved in some kind of sabotage. There's a power struggle between Pardew and the board, and only the team will suffer. Not a clue how this is going to end, but it won't be positive.

Are you able to post the article, btw?

There are twin narratives at St James’ Park this summer; one we can see (mostly) and one we cannot (which is probably just as well). On one side are the players of Newcastle United, the coaching staff, the administrators, the people who work in the ticket office and the club shop, who are doing their jobs in a manner which is more or less visual. On the other, there is Joe Kinnear and, behind him, Mike Ashley.

There are two clubs, either getting on with business as usual, or which is still to provide evidence it is doing anything very useful. Some players have left Tyneside – Steve Harper, Danny Simpson, James Perch – but Kinnear’s involvement here was minimal and until or unless the new director of football gives his blessing for a transfer in the opposite direction, Newcastle will be dysfunctional.

There is tension at the club, within and without. A concern, based on enough conversations to give it substance, is that the potential is there for a swift unravelling – in those circumstances, my life savings would go on Kinnear returning to the dug-out – and yet positivity could ease matters. A signing would not only provide Alan Pardew with help, it would allow people to exhale, to understand that wheels are still turning.

The same applies to something like Papiss Demba Cisse’s dispute with the club over their Wonga sponsorship. The two parties are talking, the Professional Footballers’ Association has expressed optimism that a compromise is at hand and while nobody will persuade me that Kinnear can be intrinsically involved in an issue which involves the complexity of ethics, contracts, religion, money and so on, resolution would be evidence of normality.

That is important. Really important. I’m directly aware of one transfer which is good to go in just about every sense but which is being held up because “the people above (Pardew) are the problem.” Deals are horrifically complicated these days, but it is heightened by a sense of limbo at Newcastle. Getting something “over the line,” to use Pardew’s parlance, would (could) release the logjam.

So, to the supporters who naturally want to know whether signings are imminent, the answer is yes, no and maybe. It cannot be anything else because, ultimately, they are the preserve of one man. Pardew is right when he says he is “pushing hard to get things done,” and right when he says “it is important now that the message we give out is strong.” That message is: get on with it, Joe. Hence the tension.

Anyway, this wasn’t supposed to be a column about Kinnear, but more of a reflection of a club in two parts. Until the season starts we cannot judge whether it is a mirage or not, but the feeling I had from four days in Portugal at their pre-season training base was that the playing part of Newcastle is focussing right down. Any bombast from last year is gone. They are stripped back to the sinew.

Steven Taylor stood by Braga’s training pitch, sweat streaming from him. In the past, the centre-half has been prone to the odd bit of bluster, but there was none of it here.

“Listen, the feeling everybody has got is that we just have to look at Manchester City and then take it from there,” he said. “That’s how we did it a couple of years ago, we looked at it from game to game. We let everyone say what they wanted and focused only on ourselves.

“Manchester City on that first Monday night is all we’re looking at, all we’re thinking about. That was one of our biggest problems last year; everyone was saying we need to be back in the top ten, we need to be back in Europe, we need to do this and that. We set ourselves high goals and it just didn’t happen. Even within the team, we were saying we were going to do this or that, but it doesn’t always work like that.

“This time, we’re making a conscious effort to narrow things down, concentrate on our work and let everything else take care of itself. Last season was a dent to our egos, there’s no getting away from it. Europe was a big factor in that. You’ve got to realise that we had a small squad for it, we had players playing and traveling and fatigue does come into it. I don’t think we were quite ready for it as a club. I don’t think we were as fit as we could have been for Europe if I’m being perfectly honest with you.

“It’s a whole new season now, the lads have come back in really good shape and we have to make sure we’re strong for the games in the Premier League, no matter who we play. The perfect example is a team like Bayern Munich – they’re right at the top of the pecking order for everything. They’re not only brilliant players, but they out-run everybody for the entirety of games. They look like machines. For 90 odd minutes they have players flying forward instead of just holding on to a 1-0 win and being a bit sluggish. Our main aim is to do the same in terms of trying to kill teams off.”

Footballers can find excuses, but they are closing their eyes to them. For now, at least. “It wouldn’t be Newcastle if there wasn’t something going on around the club,” Taylor said. “Every year we get the same thing. I’m sure outsiders love it because they can get amongst it, but we can only do what we’re here to do.

“If you allow yourself to get distracted by other stuff it can become an excuse for failure, so players have to put themselves in a bubble and concentrate on the things they can control and that’s fitness, hard work, training, matches. Nobody has complained once. Everyone gets on with their jobs and whatever happens upstairs doesn’t matter, because we’re the ones that have to do the talking on the pitch.”

A signing or two would not go amiss, but that was a bear trap which Taylor side-stepped. “That’s up to the people upstairs,” he said. “I’m just a player and I need to make sure I do my job, that I’m fit and ready for selection. That’s all I can do. Whatever happens, happens.” One half of Newcastle is stained by effort. The other? The wait continues.