NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

The worry is always there but most of the time it's just media bollocks. I think a lot of people were probably convinced Ba would be off in January.

I guess that's because we lost Carroll, but I really think that was a one off. We are a different animal to when AC left. Mind you I think every player has his price but that's not exclusive to us.

I thnk ALL of our players will be more than happy to stay but if MA agrees a fee for one of them then why would they stay ? Its not like we are paying the biggest wages and I am sure they want to feel wanted by the club, I just can't wait until the transfer window closes, even though its not even open yet but then we can breathe easy.

turning that round, you're ok with us knocking a bid back, the player saying they want to go and us saying "ok then away you go" ?

No of course not.. I would prefer we signed the players we need straight away then the fax machine gets unplugged and MA & DL fk off on holiday.

I want the club to refuse to sell our top players, if any of those top players want to go then depending on contract length I want the club to do like Spuds did with Modric and refuse to sell. As I said above though I do not see any of our players wanting to leave, so I can't see that being an issue.

i can see players wanting to leave if the real madrids, inter milans come calling, how much they push for the move is unknowable and if they'll pay the price we want.

it's just we say why would they want to stay if we agree a fee, similarly if they say they want out why should we want them.

I think we will lose Tiote and Ba. It's just the way this game works.

I think both are replaceable if it happens. I have faith in our recruitment policy, that we will come out stronger.

I thnk ALL of our players will be more than happy to stay but if MA agrees a fee for one of them then why would they stay ? Its not like we are paying the biggest wages and I am sure they want to feel wanted by the club, I just can't wait until the transfer window closes, even though its not even open yet but then we can breathe easy.

turning that round, you're ok with us knocking a bid back, the player saying they want to go and us saying "ok then away you go" ?

No of course not.. I would prefer we signed the players we need straight away then the fax machine gets unplugged and MA & DL fk off on holiday.

I want the club to refuse to sell our top players, if any of those top players want to go then depending on contract length I want the club to do like Spuds did with Modric and refuse to sell. As I said above though I do not see any of our players wanting to leave, so I can't see that being an issue.

i can see players wanting to leave if the real madrids, inter milans come calling, how much they push for the move is unknowable and if they'll pay the price we want.

it's just we say why would they want to stay if we agree a fee, similarly if they say they want out why should we want them.

Its a horrible time when the transfer window is open, contracts mean nothing but a guide to how high a transfer fee will be. Loyalty hardly exists any more and huge wage offers make it very hard to hold into a player. A lot use Champions League football as a reason for wanting to leave a club or first team football but I think most of the time its really about money. I think one thing we can be sure of is Ashley will only sell our stars for BIG money and he won't care if the player wants to stay or go if the fee aint right he won't sell.

I think both are replaceable if it happens. I have faith in our recruitment policy, that we will come out stronger.

Selling either of those two sends the wrong message to the rest of the squad, prove to them we are serious about being a success by keeping our top players.

IF Tiote & Ba are replaceable then we need to sign those players anyway to strengthen the squad.

Selling either of those two sends the wrong message to the rest of the squad, prove to them we are serious about being a success by keeping our top players.

IF Tiote & Ba are replaceable then we need to sign those players anyway to strengthen the squad.

In an ideal world yes but I think it will be tough for us. If we "only" make it to EL some other teams will be coming and sniffing around, maybe with an CL offer to tempt with... Well, maybe I'm just pessimistic.  I really hate silly season.

Doubt that would shock many. Ba is more expendable than Tiote, imo. The latter has really turned it on the past month or so.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Samuel Ameobi ‏ @Sammy_Ameobi

Btw @FrankWDanquah there's a new French trialist that looks the spits of you, he's decent too...I'll try and get a pic #biglips lol

:lol:

Guessing that's the lad from Marseille we know about?

with ba the message  is that he activated his clause, with Tiote it could be that we are doing what,we done with Carroll, selling in order to strengthen. The only negative sent out is,if we  sell cheap or sell en masse

Guest Craig-NUFC

Where has the idea that we're going to sell en-masse come from? That only happened last year because we had 2 disruptive players who wanted to leave, Jose who came across as a bit of an idiot and a ridiculous offer for Carroll that was never going to get turned down by any club. We're also striking even now, so it's not like we need to recoup losses. The only way I see players leaving now is if we get another stupid offer akin to Carroll, or a player states his desire to leave and is a dick about it. As things are I'm quite relaxed about the summer and can't wait to see who we bring in. The last year has restored a lot of my faith in the backroom staff to do what's best for the club.

Where has the idea that we're going to sell en-masse come from? That only happened last year because we had 2 disruptive players who wanted to leave, Jose who came across as a bit of an idiot and a ridiculous offer for Carroll that was never going to get turned down by any club. We're also striking even now, so it's not like we need to recoup losses. The only way I see players leaving now is if we get another stupid offer akin to Carroll, or a player states his desire to leave and is a dick about it. As things are I'm quite relaxed about the summer and can't wait to see who we bring in. The last year has restored a lot of my faith in the backroom staff to do what's best for the club.

because it's what people want to believe.

It's been a smashing season but do not labor under the delusion anyone is untouchable with this lot.  Or that there's no way they would take the team two steps back by asset stripping and trousering the cash, especially given their tendency towards self inflicted gunshot wounds to the feet when it comes to all things football.

That thread from a few days back about keeping 4 players might seem like wishful thinking by the end of it all. 

Wahey! Who's this then? Someone setting themselves up for a bit of fun over the summer?

It's been a smashing season but do not labor under the delusion anyone is untouchable with this lot.  Or that there's no way they would take the team two steps back by asset stripping and trousering the cash, especially given their tendency towards self inflicted gunshot wounds to the feet when it comes to all things football.

That thread from a few days back about keeping 4 players might seem like wishful thinking by the end of it all. 

Fucking hell.

Your glass isn't half empty mate, you've knocked the fucker over.

Where has any cash actually been trousered?

From last August...

It proved to be another impressive display from the Ewood youngsters and Swiss trialist Valentin Gjokaj caught the eye with an impressive performance in the heart of defence. He looked good in the air and was very comfortable on the ball, rarely being hurried and using the ball intelligently.

Guess he didn't stick though.