NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

An interesting hypothetical came to me. Torres is clearly unhappy at Chelsea, and recently I think I’ve seen glimpses of him recovering his best form.

If you were offered a Cisse – Torres swap, would you take it? (assuming Torres would want to come and wages could be sorted etc etc)

I would.

Please stop following football. Thanks.

The expected response.

It's very unlikely the opportunity would arise, for various reasons, but an in-form Torres was one of the best strikers in the world, if not the best. My hunch is he's still got it, if he's put in the right environment.

Cisse has a stellar reputation at the moment, but would probably be over-valued if he went on the transfer market right now.

It's about taking advantage of the right opportunity at the right time. If Torres was motivated, I wouldn't be able to resist the chance.

Guest Shaun

I love Torres, he's one of my favourite footballers of all time and I would suck him off without a 2nd thought,

:megusta:

I would swap Cisse for Torres as part of a loan swap.

Either we swap during the ACoN or we arrange to swap for the remainder of Torres Chelsea contract only once Torres signs we sneakily forget to give them Cider.

Guest Realist

The expected response.

It's very unlikely the opportunity would arise, for various reasons, but an in-form Torres was one of the best strikers in the world, if not the best. My hunch is he's still got it, if he's put in the right environment.

Cisse has a stellar reputation at the moment, but would probably be over-valued if he went on the transfer market right now.

It's about taking advantage of the right opportunity at the right time. If Torres was motivated, I wouldn't be able to resist the chance.

Too massive a gamble - you're getting rid of a shit hot Cisse (probably overvalued, granted) on the assumption Torres could somehow be motivated again to return to the top of his game. If it comes off you're a genius.  If it doesn't, holy shit.

I think he's broken, personally, and it's a gamble I would not take. 

Whilst we are talking about crazy shit, One of the directors " at work " was at a charity golf day last week.

He was told by a "very reliable source"  that Tiote is of to Man utd with Carrick coming the other way?

Probably bullshit but hey ho..

Whilst we are talking about crazy s***, One of the directors " at work " was at a charity golf day last week.

He was told by a "very reliable source"  that Tiote is of to Man utd with Carrick coming the other way?

Carrick and how much? :lol:

Whilst we are talking about crazy s***, One of the directors " at work " was at a charity golf day last week.

No idea?? Mind you this is the same guy who told me Ameobi was off to Celtic in January!!  :lol:

Whilst we are talking about crazy shit, One of the directors " at work " was at a charity golf day last week.

:lol: If the source is "reliable", he's probably regarded as an unreliable fuck  by the Manure hierarchy. And our current transfer policy makes a Carrick transfer very logical..... :rolleyes:  Seing Tiote in that disgusting jersey would end me.

Guest VaVaVoom

I'd take 25mil and Carrick like.

Diame on a free and Mark Davies for 5mil and we are stronger i reckon.

No idea?? Mind you this is the same guy who told me Ameobi was off to Celtic in January!!  :lol:

I'll buy my Carrick shirt now then :lol:

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit . . . . . .

The expected response.

Too massive a gamble - you're getting rid of a shit hot Cisse (probably overvalued, granted) on the assumption Torres could somehow be motivated again to return to the top of his game. If it comes off you're a genius.  If it doesn't, holy shit.

I think he's broken, personally, and it's a gamble I would not take. 

Torres has played like a big girl's blouse for the last 2 years, but on the last couple of occasions I've seen him, he's looked like he has something to prove. He produced moments of brilliance which showed that the old Torres is still there.

A month ago, I'd have agreed with you.

It's funny that in the Michael Owen thread you've made a post about once him losing his pace he had nothing else - which is accurate.

The same thing has happened to Torres, he obliterated this league based on his physical attributes. They've wained - they wained visibly even when he was at Liverpool, watch his goals reel on Youtube and you can actually see the decline. He's a busted flush and will not get back to the level he was once at, a level that only truly lasted 1 season in his whole career.

To suggest swapping the most in-form striker in Europe, who is hungry to imrpove and on an upwards trajectory in his career for somebody who hasn't played legimitately well for over two years and would cost 3 times as much in wages is just completely absurd.