NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Gonna be an interesting summer of incomings once we sell Cisse to Man United and Real Madrid (presumably on some sort of timeshare), Cabaye to Man United (holding hands with Debuchy who is on an inexplicable three clubs in one day multi-transfer merry-go-round), and both Ba and Krul to Spurs. Oh, and Tiote to Chelsea.

Who will play for us next season? Fuck knows. Williamson.

Guest magpie99

How much does the club owe Mike Ashley for that loan? 140 million quid was it?

Not being a pessimist like but:

OUT

Cisse to Man City - 40 million

Tiote to Chelsea - 25 million

Ba to PSG - 7 million

Cabaye to Man Utd - 20 million

Krul to Spurs - 20 million

Ben Arfa to Arsenal - 20 million

Santon to AC Milan - 15 million

TOTAL INCOMING: 147 MILLION

INCOMING

Yakubu - Blackburn - 1 million

Naismith - Rangers - 1 million

Diame - Wigan - Free

Butterfield - Barnsley - Free

McGuire - Sheffield Utd - 2 million

Clyne - Palace - 2 million

Kid from Coventry - 1 million

TOTAL OUTGOING: 7 Million

Total profit to Ashley - 140 MILLION (Debt wiped off)

Simpson, Best, Guthrie, Forster and Ranger all sign new contracts, Lovenkrands and Smith released. Harper retained as player coach

Abeid, Tavernier, Vuckic, Sameobi and Streete all prompted to senior squad and play more prominent roles.

SQUAD

Keepers: Forster, Elliott, Harper, Alnwick

Defenders: Simpson, Tavernier, Clyne, Ferguson, Perch, Colo, Saylor, Williamson, McGuire, Streete, Raylor

Midfielders: Obertan, Guthrie, Amalfitano, Diame, Abeid, Vuckic, Marveaux, Sameobi, Jonas, Gosling, Coventry Kid

Forwards: Shola, Best, Ranger, Yakubu, Naismith

So, there you go. Selling all oir top players and bringing in cheap and young players could leave us with this. We would be debt free though

NOT BEING A PESSIMIST LIKE...................................LOL

How much does the club owe Mike Ashley for that loan? 140 million quid was it?

Not being a pessimist like but:

OUT

Cisse to Man City - 40 million

Tiote to Chelsea - 25 million

Ba to PSG - 7 million

Cabaye to Man Utd - 20 million

Krul to Spurs - 20 million

Ben Arfa to Arsenal - 20 million

Santon to AC Milan - 15 million

TOTAL INCOMING: 147 MILLION

INCOMING

Yakubu - Blackburn - 1 million

Naismith - Rangers - 1 million

Diame - Wigan - Free

Butterfield - Barnsley - Free

McGuire - Sheffield Utd - 2 million

Clyne - Palace - 2 million

Kid from Coventry - 1 million

TOTAL OUTGOING: 7 Million

Total profit to Ashley - 140 MILLION (Debt wiped off)

Simpson, Best, Guthrie, Forster and Ranger all sign new contracts, Lovenkrands and Smith released. Harper retained as player coach

Abeid, Tavernier, Vuckic, Sameobi and Streete all prompted to senior squad and play more prominent roles.

SQUAD

Keepers: Forster, Elliott, Harper, Alnwick

Defenders: Simpson, Tavernier, Clyne, Ferguson, Perch, Colo, Saylor, Williamson, McGuire, Streete, Raylor

Midfielders: Obertan, Guthrie, Amalfitano, Diame, Abeid, Vuckic, Marveaux, Sameobi, Jonas, Gosling, Coventry Kid

Forwards: Shola, Best, Ranger, Yakubu, Naismith

So, there you go. Selling all oir top players and bringing in cheap and young players could leave us with this. We would be debt free though

NOT BEING A PESSIMIST LIKE...................................LOL

Never going to happen in a million years. Maybe one or two will go. But not that many. There is more money to be made by having a successful side long-term through sponsership, crowd figures, europe etc. When we begin making profit Ashleys debt will begin to be wiped off slowly.

Guest magpie99

Aussie

Yeah, I know. I did that post more from a joking point of view but to be honest, I dont see that being a bad squad. It has plenty of youth and prospects for the future. We would probably end up mid or lower table, not in relegation trouble with that squad of players but no where near winning anything or qualifying for europe. It was a worst case scenario hypothetical post.

Aussie

Yeah, I know. I did that post more from a joking point of view but to be honest, I dont see that being a bad squad. It has plenty of youth and prospects for the future. We would probably end up mid or lower table, not in relegation trouble with that squad of players but no where near winning anything or qualifying for europe. It was a worst case scenario hypothetical post.

Im pretty certain that this squad would get relegated. With all the negative noise from the fans over selling the core of our successful team, morale will be low. Theres no proven goalscorer or pace. It would really disgust me if that were to happen. Surely theres better cheap strikers out there in the Jelavic type.

Guest magpie99

It is all semantics really. As we seem to be one of the most finanmcially stable clubs in the PL, there is really no need to repay the owner en masse. However, when you consider that this interest free loan to Ashley can be called in at any time, you have to wonder if the club has some sort of plan in place.

With regard to the squad, you may be right but there are a lot of young players there that couild/should hasve stepped up and they might sur[prise a few given the opportunity.

As for Jelavic, he has surprised me at how well he has done at Everton. I never really quite rated him that highly at Rangers although he did score goals for them. I would imagine there are a few decent cheap strikers around Europe but anyone with a nouse of ability seems to have a huge price placed on their heads. We were lucky with Cisse, especially when you look at how much Montpellier rate Giroud.

Where abouts are you in Oz?  I am in Melbourne

It is all semantics really. As we seem to be one of the most finanmcially stable clubs in the PL, there is really no need to repay the owner en masse. However, when you consider that this interest free loan to Ashley can be called in at any time, you have to wonder if the club has some sort of plan in place.

With regard to the squad, you may be right but there are a lot of young players there that couild/should hasve stepped up and they might sur[prise a few given the opportunity.

As for Jelavic, he has surprised me at how well he has done at Everton. I never really quite rated him that highly at Rangers although he did score goals for them. I would imagine there are a few decent cheap strikers around Europe but anyone with a nouse of ability seems to have a huge price placed on their heads. We were lucky with Cisse, especially when you look at how much Montpellier rate Giroud.

Where abouts are you in Oz?  I am in Melbourne

Im in Perth. I take it your a Victory fan? Would love Newcastle to do a tour of Asia or Australia. I think wed build big crowds over here to see the toon play.

Guest magpie99

Well, as much as I watch the A league, yeah, I follow Victory but I dont go to the games. Too far to travel especially when I can watch it live on foxtel.

It would be great to see the lads here. I was last back in Toon at Xmas 2010 and got to see the Man City game on Boxing day. A bit of a shock to the system to see us 2 down after 5 minutes but I thought we did OK after that.

Guest magpie99

Relegation is a must, that team man....

Dont take it so seriously, mate. It was meant as a joke. Read the whole post.

Well, as much as I watch the A league, yeah, I follow Victory but I dont go to the games. Too far to travel especially when I can watch it live on foxtel.

It would be great to see the lads here. I was last back in Toon at Xmas 2010 and got to see the Man City game on Boxing day. A bit of a shock to the system to see us 2 down after 5 minutes but I thought we did OK after that.

wow i think ive been a bit luckier. First toon game i ever went to was bobby robsons first home game against sheffield wednesday. When we won 8-0 and Shearer scored 5. Then after a long drought i returned on Halloween in 2010, to witness the 5-1 thumping of the mackems. Havent been to a game since, but im thinking if we get far into the Europa league, with a game in Germany or Spain. I might head over to see the match. I get industry travel rates, so can get to europe relatively cheap.

Guest magpie99

Lucky you. I have only been to two games live since 1982. The first was a game at home to Villa in 2003 when Nobby scored a free kick and the last one was the city game.

In 2005, we were in London and the lads were playing Fulham. I had a choice of going to the game or taking the wife to see "We will rock you". Yeah, you guessed it. She won. So did the lads though, 3-1 and I was a bit bitter with the missus about that................LOL.

Canny show though.

Lucky you. I have only been to two games live since 1982. The first was a game at home to Villa in 2003 when Nobby scored a free kick and the last one was the city game.

In 2005, we were in London and the lads were playing Fulham. I had a choice of going to the game or taking the wife to see "We will rock you". Yeah, you guessed it. She won. So did the lads though, 3-1 and I was a bit bitter with the missus about that................LOL.

Canny show though.

HAH Unlucky. Heard it is a decent show though. I wasnt born in Newcastle, was born here in Perth. But the whole family lives back in the toon still. The thing that annoys me about Australia, is how every premier league fan is a glory hunter. Ive never seen so many Man City shirts at university in my life, the day after they won the league. Also, all the Chelsea fans bragging about how theyve signed Hazard. It just infuriates the shit outta me. haha

Guest magpie99

Yeah, I know what you mean but it is the same wherever you go, especially in Asia.

On the way back from our last trip to the UKin Xmas/New Year 2010/11, we stayed in Singapore for a few days. We were staying in Changi Village and there was a bar just along the road from our hotel, Newcastle were playing Spurs at SJP and it was televised live outside this bar on the big screen. So, there I am, knocking back a few coldies, the wife and the bairn fast asleep at the hotel and all of a sudden, I am surrounded by Tottenham fans, all Singaporeans, amongst a few MU, Arsenal, Chelsea fans. I am the onmly NUFC fan there.

So, we go 1-0 up, Collocini with a cracker and there I am half pissed, on the table, singing the blaydon races and all the Spurs fans sitting at the other table, giving me the old daggers. Fuck med, 93 MINUTES and Lennon equalised. The beer went flying and the derision sent in my direction was bloody unbearable. So, I stormed off down the street, expletives left right and centre, blundered my way into the room, woke up the wife and asked for a shag, got a slapped face and slept in the bath. Not a night to remember..............................LOL

Yeah, I know what you mean but it is the same wherever you go, especially in Asia.

On the way back from our last trip to the UKin Xmas/New Year 2010/11, we stayed in Singapore for a few days. We were staying in Changi Village and there was a bar just along the road from our hotel, Newcastle were playing Spurs at SJP and it was televised live outside this bar on the big screen. So, there I am, knocking back a few coldies, the wife and the bairn fast asleep at the hotel and all of a sudden, I am surrounded by Tottenham fans, all Singaporeans, amongst a few MU, Arsenal, Chelsea fans. I am the onmly NUFC fan there.

So, we go 1-0 up, Collocini with a cracker and there I am half p*ssed, on the table, singing the blaydon races and all the Spurs fans sitting at the other table, giving me the old daggers. f*** med, 93 MINUTES and Lennon equalised. The beer went flying and the derision sent in my direction was bloody unbearable. So, I stormed off down the street, expletives left right and centre, blundered my way into the room, woke up the wife and asked for a shag, got a slapped face and slept in the bath. Not a night to remember..............................LOL

quality!

Couple of million and looking at it in the most pessimistic way it makes no sense not to sign him. Would be very surprised if that value doesn't triple in the next couple of years.

Admittedly I have only seen him a few times but he has looked brilliant, I work with a Palace fan who thinks he looks better than Ashley Cole at the ages they broke through (think they had him on loan?).

Couple of million and looking at it in the most pessimistic way it makes no sense not to sign him. Would be very surprised if that value doesn't triple in the next couple of years.

Admittedly I have only seen him a few times but he has looked brilliant, I work with a Palace fan who thinks he looks better than Ashley Cole at the ages they broke through (think they had him on loan?).

WTF are we waiting for....

Crystal Palace fire sale promotion campaign?

Crystal Palace fire sale promotion campaign?

Hes out of contract... However because hes below the age of 21, Crystal Palace will receive a compensation fee judged by a tribunal.