NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

So Mbiwa isn't coming here, ah well, as long as we get Douglas...

I'm not sure it's dead certain like. His agent is just saying we haven't made a formal approach. Of course he won't go to us then. We need to come to senses soon anyway, and sign the man. The best we can get for a decent price.

Diame isn't as good as some on here make out imo. I'd still take him on a free, but wouldn't be particularly excited about it.

:thup: He couldn't get in the Wigan team at the end of the year.

I'm not sure it's dead certain like. His agent is just saying we haven't made a formal approach. Of course he won't go to us then. We need to come to senses soon anyway, and sign the man. The best we can get for a decent price.

There's still some time to get something sorted I guess and with Mbiwa out of the French squad, he'll more than likely be available for a reasonable price.

There's still some time to get something sorted I guess and with Mbiwa out of the French squad, he'll more than likely be available for a reasonable price.

Mmmm, not so sure. Montpellier probably don't need to sell after the season they've had, the player has indicated he is happy to stay and the chairman has indicated they will only sell if a significant offer comes in for him. With reported interest from (other) big clubs from England and Germany I think we're looking at upwards of 10 million, which as that article correctly asserts pretty much rules us out..

Diame isn't as good as some on here make out imo. I'd still take him on a free, but wouldn't be particularly excited about it.

I agree with that, i do think he would be a good signing but i would'nt lose sleep over it if someone else signed him.

Mmmm, not so sure. Montpellier probably don't need to sell after the season they've had, the player has indicated he is happy to stay and the chairman has indicated they will only sell if a significant offer comes in for him. With reported interest from (other) big clubs from England and Germany I think we're looking at upwards of 10 million, which as that article correctly asserts pretty much rules us out..

Well, the Montpellier chairman did say that they would be willing to sell both Giroud and Mbiwa and I suspect the former would be the one to bring in the most money as a result of his sale - this could mean Mbiwa could be made available for a lower price, maybe something between £6-7 million? I'm trying to sound logical here but think I'm failing miserably :lol:

Having said that though, Douglas is still a possibility but with this being us, we probably won't get him either (in which case, I hope we have a plan C...).

How many of last summers signings had much build up? I seem to remember Santon, Marveaux and Cabaye all pretty much came out of the blue? But then

again I didn't spend as much time sat on my arse reading football sites back then!

As much as I enjoy reading about who we are or aren't in for it wouldn't surprise me if we get a completely different set of players than what we've been linked to.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Well, the Montpellier chairman did say that they would be willing to sell both Giroud and Mbiwa and I suspect the former would be the one to bring in the most money as a result of his sale - this could mean Mbiwa could be made available for a lower price, maybe something between £6-7 million? I'm trying to sound logical here but think I'm failing miserably :lol:

Having said that though, Douglas is still a possibility but with this being us, we probably won't get him either (in which case, I hope we have a plan C...).

If you look at the comment from AP and a goal scoring centre half, Mbiwa does not fit the bill

It won't be him

How many of last summers signings had much build up? I seem to remember Santon, Marveaux and Cabaye all pretty much came out of the blue? But then

again I didn't spend as much time sat on my arse reading football sites back then!

As much as I enjoy reading about who we are or aren't in for it wouldn't surprise me if we get a completely different set of players than what we've been linked to.

Marveaux was announced at half 7 on a Saturday morning. Cisse and Ba were fairly rapid iirc too.

Cabaye was very much like Amalfitano, talk that he had already signed but weeks/months until it was actually confirmed.

Marveaux was announced at half 7 on a Saturday morning. Cisse and Ba were fairly rapid iirc too.

Was on holiday when we signed Marveaux, went into one of the bars with Internet and he had signed! I was under the impression he had already signed for Liverpool at the time.

I am pretty sure Ba was talked about for weeks before hand as well? most of our transfers seem to come out of the blue but there are occasions where certain transfers are talked about in the media and by the fans weeks before hand.

It doesn't necessarily mean because its talked about in the media before hand that it wont happen.

I am pretty sure Ba was talked about for weeks before hand as well? most of our transfers seem to come out of the blue but there are occasions where certain transfers are talked about in the media and by the fans weeks before hand.

It doesn't necessarily mean because its talked about in the media before hand that it wont happen.

Might be remembering it wrong but I think someone from West Ham said he was probably signing for Everton a a few days before he was shown on SSN at SJP.

Cabaye was talked about a few days before he signed. Tiote was talked about in our press a few days before he moved as well, Ben Arfa, well....., Abeid was confirmed by the player long before the club confirmed it, the lad we signed the other day was rumoured for a couple of months as well. What about that guy we nearly signed in January which was rumoured for ages.

Not sure about that. I went to Thailand for two weeks during the last window. By the time I got back we'd sold our captain and Ba (and Marv?) were in :lol:

Might be remembering it wrong but I think someone from West Ham said he was probably signing for Everton a a few days before he was shown on SSN at SJP.

I seem to remember Ba being talked about joining us quite a while before he actually signed..... i remember this because someone from the media said when the season finished that Newcastle will sign Ba but thats it they wont spend no money and i remember this angering me quite alot :lol:

But Everton where definitely in the running too your right about that.

There are just as many players we've signed after days or weeks of speculation or links as there have been ones signed 'out of the blue' like. Dunno why people always go on about the latter as though it's the only way we work.

Guest bimpy474

There are just as many players we've signed after days or weeks of speculation or links as there have been ones signed 'out of the blue' like. Dunno why people always go on about the latter as though it's the only way we work.

Jonas and Marv have been the real standouts as surprises, seems to have completely convinced some that thats every tranny we do now.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Jonas and Marv have been the real standouts as surprises, seems to have completely convinced some that thats every tranny we do now.

Cisse as well tbh

Guest bimpy474

Cisse as well tbh

It was, very true but we had been linked before, Marv is one i think we had been linked to before we signed him ?.

Jonas is the only one that has been right out the blue, no links or paper talk beforehand.

Guest MrSundlofer

Not Tiote. Santon was strongly linked at least 4 weeks before he was signed, too.

No. Just linked some days before he signed. Not 4 weeks. I think.