NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest sicko2ndbest

You just said it was Debuchy numb nuts! As usual I would ignore Sicko until someone normal confirms who it is.

I'm offended!!!

I never said Debuchy. Prove it.....;)

In that case I'd rather we went for Debuchy. Don't think we're going to spend £10m or whatever on two right-backs.

I would take Debuchy any day in front om him.

Debuchy is my personal first signing, then a central defender.

Guest elbee909

ma brudaa gael bigirimana finally pens his deal on the way to newcastle so proud of him good role model

'pens'.

Deubuchy is 1st priority, but Clyne is the best RB in Championship and if we get him for a couple of mill that surely must be a bargain.  I think Pards will match him carefully, like he did with Santon. I honestly don't see Clyne playing worse than Simpson or Raylor. Besides the central line is more vulnerable than the flanks. If he's quick and works well he'll be able compensate for errors. Had Clyne been a central defender I'd be more sceptical throwing him  in at the deep end.

Guest sicko2ndbest

In that case I'd rather we went for Debuchy. Don't think we're going to spend £10m or whatever on two right-backs.

If we get 4-5mil for Simpson, £10m is not a significant outlay for 2 players who are better than him

It does seem as though one of two things is happening;

1. We are starting to make our moves on players, with Clyne and Debuchy both being options for right back.

2. We are actually after both players, Debuchy as first choice right back and Clyne as a youngster who can play in a few positions.

1. We are starting to make our moves on players, with Clyne and Debuchy both being options for right back.

2. We are actually after both players, Debuchy as first choice right back and Clyne as a youngster who can play in a few positions.

We could be after both with Simpson leaving.

Leaving Debuchy, Santon, Clyne, Perch and Raylor able to cover those positions

And tavernier ? Surely he will be closer to squad next season

Guest sicko2ndbest

And tavernier ? Surely he will be closer to squad next season

If we get Clyne I reckon Taverniers future could be in doubt! Shame as I rate the lad highly

What happened to financial fairplay? How are Chelsea spending so much cash when it's supposed to be fixed now?

Well they did win the Champions League which will have brought in a lot of money and guaranteed a lot again next season.  Also Drogbas going, freeing up wages and they could yet sell someone else to balance things out.

What happened to financial fairplay? How are Chelsea spending so much cash when it's supposed to be fixed now?

Well they did win the Champions League which will have brought in a lot of money and guaranteed a lot again next season.  Also Drogbas going, freeing up wages and they could yet sell someone else to balance things out.

If you are on twitter, check out swiss rambles latest tweets about Chelsea, and the prospect on signing Hazard and Hulk while trying to maneuver to cope with FFP.

I do not have twitter here now, so i can not past it.

If you are on twitter, check out swiss rambles latest tweets about Chelsea, and the prospect on signing Hazard and Hulk while trying to maneuver to cope with FFP.

I do not have twitter here now, so i can not past it.

the man city training complex 'sponsorship' will be used as the big test case, it's already being examined. if they don't pull it up then nothing will change, if platini get's his way, football wins.

I don't really do twitter so I'm not sure how to even find those posts :)

Anyway I have little doubt clubs will find ways to maneuver themselves some extra spending room but what I am at least hoping is that the unlimited spending days are now over.

EDIT: Found it, pretty much goes along with what I've been thinking but with a few more details that I wasn't aware of.  Basically because of Champions League win Chelsea will be able to spend, but at least they have limits now, as do Man City.  Makes me wish ever more though that Chelsea had lost the final, would have been very interesting to see what they did then.

If we get 4-5mil for Simpson, £10m is not a significant outlay for 2 players who are better than him

Yeah if we get a decent outlay for Simpson i can see us going for both especially when you consider Clyne can play both roles and will be cheap.

Debuchy will be first choice and Clyne will push both him and Santon for a spot... what squads are all about and if we want to stay where we are it makes sense to make signings like this.

Besides Clyne cant expect to walk into the starting line up of the 5th best team in the premier league.

Is Clyne ready for first-team Premier League football yet?

I dont think he is sadly..

Need to give him some years of experience..

I wouldn't say so, he has over 100 games under him and only turned 21 this year.

Not much different to a foreign player coming over here and adapting, he is clearly very talented and if we treated him like we did Santon I am sure he would be up to speed in no time.

There is no saying someone like Debuchy would instantly hit the ground running, at the very least I think Clyne would be as good as your average premier league right back only with the potential to get much better. As someone said, when he has come across premier league opposition (most notably Man U) he hasn't look at all out of place or unable to cope.