NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

No concrete transfer progress to report, #nufc-wise. Remy too expensive I think; plus board REALLY fancy bringing Carroll back. Could happen

Scared we're fancying him a bit too much. Reading Pardew mentioning some fees, just enhances that. We really shouldn't be paying much north of £10m.

No concrete transfer progress to report, #nufc-wise. Remy too expensive I think; plus board REALLY fancy bringing Carroll back. Could happen

Scared we're fancying him a bit too much. Reading Pardew mentioning some fees, just enhances that. We really shouldn't be paying much north of £10m.

I realised a long time ago Douglass knows fuck all. Summed up by his 'Debuchy should be wrapped up by Monday' comment.

I realised a long time ago Douglass knows f*** all. Summed up by his 'Debuchy should be wrapped up by Monday' comment.

Will never forget when he said we wouldn't be signing Demba Ba last summer.

Yes, I was disappointed that pardew said something like 15m, 16m or 20m. It was a great opputunity to troll liverpool with much lower figures.

Guest pont-toon

Is this summer the most boring since the "keeping the powder dry" summer or what, our lack of movement is getting more worrying for me.

was that the Lee Bowyer summer ?

Guest BooBoo

Would anybody be happy to just stick right now. ie, no incomings and no outgoings?

I'd still be pretty underwhelmed with that. We're in a stoing position at this moment in time and need to progress. We saw with the previous mentioned "powder dry" summer that staying still usually results in going backwards.

Would anybody be happy to just stick right now. ie, no incomings and no outgoings?

I'd still be pretty underwhelmed with that. We're in a stoing position at this moment in time and need to progress. We saw with the previous mentioned "powder dry" summer that staying still usually results in going backwards.

We've not had no incomings / outgoings though, we'e lost two first team squad members, one of whom seems to have been replaced with 1 or possibly 2 players and one of whom definitely who hasn't been replaced.

It extremely unlikely too happen but I'd be massively underwhelmed and a tad pissed off if we stayed as is.

Is this summer the most boring since the "keeping the powder dry" summer or what, our lack of movement is getting more worrying for me.

yep

So far the progress has been to replace the lost fringe players with younger fringe players, that's a positive move but I fear not enough to be able to cope with a busy season coming up. A wouldn't be upset if we didn't bring in another GK or Midfielder, but a first team striker and CB are paramount, upgrading RB too would be nice but at this stage a don't see that as happening.

The Roeder summer wasn't much better like, think we got Duff in around now, Martins a bit later, then nowt until Rossi on loan and Sibierski on deadline day (plus Bernard after it). :lol:

As long as Cajun is still confident that we'll make significant signings, then I'm not one bit bothered.

yep

That window destroyed the club.

yep

That window destroyed the club.

Come on. :lol:

Guest BooBoo

Destroyed is too far, but IMO you can trace our protracted downfall to that summer of inactivity.

Had another crack of CL football and we signed Lee Bowyer on a freebie. Incredible really. We never really recovered as a top side after that.

We should have done more in that window but it wasn't the reason we didn't qualify for the Champions League/gradually declined as a club to the point of relegation. We still had a good squad and a good manager.

Guest BooBoo

We were in a strong position though that summer (as we are now). Failing to capitalise by not adding to the squad and moving forward is criminal.

Bobby's era never recovered fully from the defeat on pens to Partizan.