NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I don't mind about the lack of incomings tbh. There's been no major outgoings yet and we've added some young players to the squad.

I'll be more worried if we sell one of our more important players.

The biggest concern is right back and I don't think Simpson is nearly as bad as he is often made out to be. Saylor being fit will be a big plus and any other newcomer would have a real job forcing their way into the squad.

If we get a spate of injuries before the end of August my concerns will obviously increase but at this time we have a team good enough to start the season so I'm still unconcerned as long as we get the necessary players by the close of the window (RB, CB and FW).

Would be a lot more interesting and a lot less painless (forum wise) if we did make a big move soon though.

Not seen much of Remy, but he's much more suited to playing the wide forward role than anyone else we've been linked to this summer, isn't he? Can't see there being anything in the link mind.

They want 15mil for him and while he is a good player and would suit our system i cant see us even being in for him with any real intent unless we sold Ba, which like i've said before could be for the greater good really.

Forster 2mil, Best 3mil, Ba 7mil and Simpson 3 (presumidly)...15mil...Theres the money for Loic Remy.

Ashley then only really needs to spend 8mil of the clubs money (which we do have) to get Debuchy and our starting 11 is as good as complete!

Whilst leaving our squad really fucking short and going into the season with 2 strikers  :facepalm:

What? Forster was never going to be playing. Simpson would be replaced. Ba would be replaced. Its only really best that would need to be replaced and hopefully he would be with a young striker.

Argument for arguments sake. Pathetic.

How is it an argument for arguments sake when you claim it's for the greater good to sell one of our two forwards?

and let's not talk about pathetic, not when it's coming from someone who promised to pay a cancer charity £50, not only a cancer charity but one very close to our (and should be yours) heart, boast about how much they earn then a year later still not having paid said bet yeah? I assume you still can't afford the £50...

:lol:

Pre-season has made things little better, Tavernier, Bigi and Sammy Ameobi look like they could deputise in cup games competently hopefully. Still, we do very much need a striker imo no matter what, and hope we land Debuchy.

Guest VaVaVoom

The biggest concern is right back and I don't think Simpson is nearly as bad as he is often made out to be. Saylor being fit will be a big plus and any other newcomer would have a real job forcing their way into the squad.

If we get a spate of injuries before the end of August my concerns will obviously increase but at this time we have a team good enough to start the season so I'm still unconcerned as long as we get the necessary players by the close of the window (RB, CB and FW).

Would be a lot more interesting and a lot less painless (forum wise) if we did make a big move soon though.

Spot on really.

Debuchy replacing Simpson improves the team no end. I actually think we may see some movement on this Tuesday or Wednesday. They will be all be back at the training ground for a couple of days before going to Portugal. I'd have thought AP would want to be there when we made any deals as apposed to be away on tour. I think having Ben Arfa and Cabaye back at the training ground is a bonus too...If we sign Debuchy we'd rather have him coming into a group with his mate.

If we can then get a CB to challenge Saylor and Willo to partner Coloccini then we are pretty solid at the back. I think we can do better than Douglas.

Midfield we are strong with options.

Guest VaVaVoom

But can you afford the £50?

You and a good few other not got nothing better to be doing? Needless really.

To answer your question...No i cant. I will though. End of.

i thought that way until the last week or so and the more i think of anita the more i think centre half and midfield are what we need and yes i'd get back up there before replacing simpson if needs be. i know it sounds strange putting back up before a first teamer but we can play 1 up front if necessary, we can play perch or raylor at full back, even tav but i really wouldn't want to go any length of games without tiote/cabaye, colo/taylor.

It is about time we made some moves though. I know we've not sold anyone of note yet and that's obviously good, but we're already approaching halfway through our pre-season schedule with one of the two team bonding trips done and dusted. The season starts in less than four weeks and I can't for the life of me see why asking prices will go down the longer we wait. Playing hardball and waiting might work when we're after up and coming players from clubs that don't want to miss out on cash, but if we're genuinely wanting to improve the first team squad this involves taking some of the best players from good-sized clubs.

Guest BooBoo

Yep, as I said a few pages back it's about time we played our hand. Debuchy for example, we need to decide what we think the lad is worth and place a bid. If Lille turn it down, move on rather than drag it out to the tedious saga of the last week of the window.

Personally I think we've just about got about another week and a half before its time to bash the panic button. The lack of activity has made for a drab summer though.

Yep, as I said a few pages back it's about time we played our hand. Debuchy for example, we need to decide what we think the lad is worth and place a bid. If Lille turn it down, move on rather than drag it out to the tedious saga of the last week of the window.

Personally I think we've just about got about another week and a half before its time to bash the panic button. The lack of activity has made for a drab summer though.

Shit loads on here did that weeks months ago  :lol:

Guest BooBoo

The European trip sounds like its been a great team bonder and it would have been very beneficial to have new faces on board for that.

Seems more like some on here want incomings to ease their own boredom. Still over 5 weeks till the deadline . I'll start worrying if debuchy goes to inter, Douglas to west ham etc.

aye, pre-season/transfer window is horrible, tends to bring out all the doom merchants