NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I can't remember any transfer window when fans haven't wanted to have players in earlier, it's just how it always is. Have any clubs finished their transfer business yet? They all start the season in two weeks. It's not ideal, but it's normal.

So true, the important thing is to just get them over the line. I'm sure everyone want's deals done quickly and early but it doesn't seem possible as long Pardew gets the targets he wants before the deadline i'm sure no one will care in the end.

If you look across the board, hardly anyone have even close to finishing their business yet.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-jeremy-toulalan-the-malaga-1212450

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has made an enquiry about Malaga and France midfielder Jeremy Toulalan.

Toulalan's former club Lyon are also interested in re-signing the 28-year-old, with crisis club Malaga being forced into a fire sale to ease their financial woes.

Malaga finished fourth in La Liga last season to qualify for the Champions League but money problems are leading to the break-up of the side.

Arsenal are on the brink of signing Spain midfielder Santi Cazorla in a £20million deal, while Spurs are looking at their £10m-rated Venezuelan striker Salomon Rondon.

Toulalan, who joined Malaga from Lyon for £10m last summer, would join Newcastle's large contingent of French midfielders.

The Magpies already have his countrymen Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa, Sylvain Marveaux, Gabriel Obertan, Mehdi Abeid and Romain Amalfitano on their books.

Toulalan? Would be a decent signing but not sure where he would fit in...

-------------Tiote----------------

---Toulalan---------Cabaye---

HBA----------------------------Ba

--------------Cisse-----------------

:fwap:

:lol: This post gets made every time we're linked to someone new. Someone posts a line-up with the little wanker. Never fails.

:lol: This post gets made every time we're linked to someone new. Someone posts a line-up with the little w*****. Never fails.

Just need the generic player name chant and we're good to go.

ALAN Pardew is confident that Newcastle United will add “two or three” recruits of considerable pedigree before the end of the transfer window – even if he admits the Mathieu Debuchy chase is now out of his hands.

1/3 Off Top Level of UK Cover - Green Flag

The fall-out from Lille rejecting Newcastle’s £6million bid and calling time on the long-running saga saw Debuchy give a charged interview in France in which he accused his club of misleading him on his future, and repeated his desire to move to St James’ Park.

The Journal understands that Newcastle feel that Lille have moved the goalposts on the deal after originally indicating that £6million plus add-ons would be enough, and they will take a step back from the transfer negotiations for the next few days.

They still want Debuchy, though, and the deal is far from dead despite senior sources describing it as “difficult”. Pardew is understood to favour the player over alternatives like Gregory van Wiel, who was mentioned as a possible alternative yesterday, but he cut a calm figure as he discussed United’s recruitment efforts before jetting off to Holland for today’s friendly with Den Haag.

He did not want to be drawn directly on Debuchy but said that he would be happy to start the season with his current squad if needs be. In truth, he believes new recruits will be added – and he believes those players will be of sufficient quality to move the club forward. “I’m pretty relaxed

about the transfers, it’s out of my hands now to a degree,” he said.

“Myself, Graham (Carr) and the team have put together what we think is a shortlist and it’s about Derek (Llambias) and Lee (Charnley) and Mike (Ashley) getting a deal that they think is right for the club.

“If I have to run for the first game or the first week (of the season) with this squad I’m pretty relaxed about that. Having said that, I’m still pretty hopeful there’ll be a body or two in before then. But lets wait and see.”

The Journal understands that Newcastle will now turn their attention to Ajax’s Vurnon Anita, with a new bid in the pipeline this week.

Previously there have been concerns about his wage demands but United will test the water with a fresh offer over the next seven days. That tallies with Pardew’s promise that whoever arrives will be of international class.

“I don’t like to think we have a ‘B’ list. It’s an ‘A’ list and sometimes it’s just whether all the ingredients are there,” he said.

“If that isn’t working, you just go to another name on the ‘A’ list. There’s not many names on it – there’s two or three in each position. All of those players would take us forward.”

Pardew has also backed Demba Ba to hit the goal trail again after the clause in his contract that would have allowed him to leave for less than £8million expired.

The Newcastle chief is delighted to have the Senegalese on board again next season and thinks he may match his goalscoring feats of last season, when he got 16 goals over the course of the campaign.

“I never really lost any sleep over it. I genuinely felt that Demba likes playing for this football club and it suits him,” he said. “It certainly suits us – he looks terrific in pre-season and I’m looking forward to seeing him run out against Spurs, hopefully.

“I think, like all strikers, they breed on goals. It’s nice to see him getting the goal the other night because strikers need goals. Goals make different players and I wouldn’t put it past Demba to get 18 goals before Christmas. I know he will score goals, as I know (Papiss) Cissé will.”

Meanwhile, Debuchy gave United hope with an interview in which he re-stated his desire to move to England.

He said: “I am still resolved to trying something new, to have another experience, and I would like to have a talk with the chairman for things to be clear between us.”

Sounds positive.

Can't remember seeing this bit posted:

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/pardew-puts-faith-in-llambias-to-deliver-newcastle-signings-1-4802486

“It’s out of my hands now,” Pardew told the Gazette. “We’ve done the selection process and put a number of players in front of Derek and Lee (Charnley), and now it’s about getting the players who can take the club forward.

“It’s never easy at this level. But the one thing I do know is that we’re getting the right noises from the players.

“As has been reported, the players want to come.

“That’s because of the success we had last year – that bodes well.

“It’s just about getting the deals right.”

It might take a while yet, but I think we'll get who we want because of that.

Well that's me sold :megusta:

Same old transfer window, always linked with everyone...

Can't remember seeing this bit posted:

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/pardew-puts-faith-in-llambias-to-deliver-newcastle-signings-1-4802486

“It’s out of my hands now,” Pardew told the Gazette. “We’ve done the selection process and put a number of players in front of Derek and Lee (Charnley), and now it’s about getting the players who can take the club forward.

“It’s never easy at this level. But the one thing I do know is that we’re getting the right noises from the players.

“As has been reported, the players want to come.

“That’s because of the success we had last year – that bodes well.

“It’s just about getting the deals right.”

It might take a while yet, but I think we'll get who we want because of that.

Aye, the will of the players in question will make it happen in the end personally. That might have to be right until the end of the window but the signings Pardew want's will happen IMO.

Van der Wiel hopes to join the Gunners, but Newcastle have ­tabled a £10m double bid for the Dutch right-back and Ajax ­midfielder Vernun Anita.

Ajax hope to hang on to Anita but the Toon interest will force Arsenal into action. Van Persie’s complaints about Arsenal failing to buy at the top end of the transfer market have been silenced.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-skipper-robin-van-persie-1218984