NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Class man manager is Pards seems to have shaped exactly the right attitude in the squad since he took over and to think we all hated the smarmy f***er when he came :)

Speak for yourself, bonny lad. O0

:) think majority of fans thought it was a joke appointment me included, happy to be proven wrong thus far :)

I imagined it would be QPR or Fulham at first, but it says definitely not Fulham, not sure QPR can logically pay for anybody else. Perhaps a newly promoted club not too far away like Reading or Southampton?

As I said, pure speculation, but he would certainly 'fit the bill' of our policy being young, cheap (on loan, although I suppose Chelsea would have to pick up a lot of his wages) and potential to improve (I would imagine any deal would include a clause to buy permanently if he impressed).

I don't necessarily agree they wouldn't loan him to a side who finished above them, I think they want rid of him. Remember him saying he wanted out as well - although the reason was lack of first team football, which he wouldn't get in abundance here.

Did anyone else read in the Times 'Decent bets' thing that Lukaku was being loaned to another PL club?  Loan = cheaper + he's young = may be us. Pure speculation on my part.

There's one main reason it will never happen, we will never loan a player to nurture him for another club especially a rival one.

Did anyone else read in the Times 'Decent bets' thing that Lukaku was being loaned to another PL club?  Loan = cheaper + he's young = may be us. Pure speculation on my part.

There's one main reason it will never happen, we will never loan a player to nurture him for another club especially a rival one.

Just like we didn't offer to take Carroll on loan from Liverpool?

That was different, because there was going to be a future fee we would pay at the end of the loan to take him permanently.

That was different, because there was going to be a future fee we would pay at the end of the loan to take him permanently.

Different regime but just like... Giuseppe Rossi.

Aye, but it would never happen now. It's just not an Ashley MO.

And surely it's therefore not beyond the realm of possibility that such a situation would be replicated with Lukaku?

Aye, but it would never happen now. It's just not an Ashley MO.

I don't think you could ever say something 'is just not Ashley' unless it's spending an absolute wedge on a 30-year-old or something. Anything which is cheap, anything which represents a potential bargain, and any potential situation we can exploit - be it a release clause, be it an unhappy player etc - totally reeks of Ashley.

However, to repeat, I'm totally speculating. As timeEd32 suggests, it could be West Brom. It could be any team. I don't know, it just struck me as opportunistic and thus something appealing to those who run the club.

If we could agree a fee with Chelsea for a permanent transfer then sure i could see Ashley going for it, but just a loan to send him back at the end of the season i can't see him going for.

In any case i doubt we would be in for him anyway.

Also i agree with your final sentence, it is something in theory he could go for if the terms were suitable.

Pointless even talking about Lukaku to be honest, there is no way they will sell a player they spunked 18 million pounds on. We will not loan without the possibility of buying. So it will not happen in a million years.

Pointless even talking about Lukaku to be honest, there is no way they will sell a player they spunked 18 million pounds on. We will not loan without the possibility of buying. So it will not happen in a million years.

Ah, the same club which has never taken a loss on a player in the Abramovich era.