NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8030970/Pardew-Carroll-deal-unlikely

If we are really out for Carroll, we can use that money to get Debuchy and a younger, cheaper striker across the line before the WINDOW SLAMS SHUT.

We can't, we have wasted our time pretending to try and sign Carroll.

Actually think this is the cause. We could have pushed through with Debuchy if we had long decided against the Carroll bid. In the end, we won't get any, which is just utter s***.

Chamakh, Harry Kane, Shola Ameobi, Naismith, Ruiz, Lita.

These are the strikers we & those potentially around us are relying on if they lost both their strikers.

All much better than what we have.  Have you seen Shola's injury record?  He's injured now actually.

First part is obviously debatable, especially with the players we could play off Shola in comparison to them.

Outside of that, you're basking in negativity. Best got injured all the time aswell, would you want a 5th striker then? Lets not consider the injury records of our other strikers in comparison either, because everyones going to get injured regardless obviously & we need to throw money at it.

Again, read what I've posted.  I've said we need a replacement for best only 2-3M not a 12M striker hardly throwing money around.

Basking in negativity, if we go through a injury crisis upfront I'll be reminding you of all of this.

Replacement for Best suggests you were happy with Best, a guy who you just said earlier was out for the 2nd half of the season. But to you Shola isnt a solid enough option in comparison as he has a dodgy injury record. Solid talk as always.

If Lille miss out on CL group stage they may be more willing to deal Debuchy.  They play Copenhagen today, after losing 0-1 in the away first leg.

No way are Copenhagen going to be able told Lille of in Lille.

If Lille miss out on CL group stage they may be more willing to deal Debuchy.  They play Copenhagen today, after losing 0-1 in the away first leg.

Not according to there President, who said that it won't make any difference.

Guest neesy111

These are the strikers we & those potentially around us are relying on if they lost both their strikers.

All much better than what we have.  Have you seen Shola's injury record?  He's injured now actually.

First part is obviously debatable, especially with the players we could play off Shola in comparison to them.

Outside of that, you're basking in negativity. Best got injured all the time aswell, would you want a 5th striker then? Lets not consider the injury records of our other strikers in comparison either, because everyones going to get injured regardless obviously & we need to throw money at it.

Again, read what I've posted.  I've said we need a replacement for best only 2-3M not a 12M striker hardly throwing money around.

Basking in negativity, if we go through a injury crisis upfront I'll be reminding you of all of this.

Replacement for Best suggests you were happy with Best, a guy who you just said earlier was out for the 2nd half of the season. But to you Shola isnt a solid enough option as he has a dodgy injury record. Solid talk as always.

:facepalm:

A replacement for a player that's left the squad shows I was happy with Best.  Laughable.

Here's a tip, search google for the word SQUAD.  You need to learn about it.

Replacement for Best suggests you were happy with Best, a guy who you just said earlier was out for the 2nd half of the season. But to you Shola isnt a solid enough option in comparison as he has a dodgy injury record. Solid talk as always.

Do you actually believe that Shola is good enough to be our 3rd choice striker?

I'm not an expert in European rules, but if Debuchy plays, will he be cup-tied for Europe?

Guest neesy111

I'm not an expert in European rules, but if Debuchy plays, will he be cup-tied for Europe?

I believe he won't be. 

Not according to there President, who said that it won't make any difference.

Where president?

Seydoux...

Seydoux, though, maintains that he will not be forced into a sale and remains optimistic regarding Lille's chances of turning the Copenhagen tie around.

He told L'Equipe: "If we fail to qualify for the Champions League would I be forced to accept Newcastle's proposal? You know that I am not very flexible when it comes to business.

I believe he won't be. 

Did a bit of research, at the moment he's not but if they win, he will be? Think I misread something here, help.  :razz:

Rule 18.07 states that if a player features in the first, second or third qualifying rounds of either the Champions League or Europa League, he can play for another club in either competition from the group stages onwards, provided his former employers do not reach the group stages themselves.

If a player is involved in any of the aforementioned qualifying rounds for a side which then goes on to play in the group stages of either UEFA competition, he is not eligible to play for another club in Europe in that season.

Don't think anyone is over the moon with it, but is there an option out there that won't set us back 10 million that matches our criteria. I would like to think we could get a young up and coming striker for around 5 mil from abroad but no idea who, in this country they would rip our eyes out, It's no wonder Rhodes has not moved, over 4 million for a Championship/League 1 player is a joke tbh. Carroll for 15 million with 6 goals in 44 games is also a joke, as is 14/15 mil for Fletcher with 10/11 goals per season. For that much I would want a striker scoring 15+ - similar reason I think Zaha has not moved is Palace wanting circa 10 mil for him. I think we are willing to buy players if the price is realistic and weigh everything up on resale, what they add etc. Cisse 8 mil, 13 goals, worth now 15+ - makes complete sense and we scouted perfectly. Maybe they just feel we are not getting value and as its a business it is their right to run it the way they see fit, it's not nice to see and I would love to see us sign a few players - but they have earned the right to be respected in what they have done since we got promoted.

I would like to see them improve Reserve/Youth level though as they were going to bring in a few development and only really Bigi/Good came in. We need to start getting at the French/Dutch/Other players at a young age 17-19 and try and get a production line going. I know its difficult but that's our best hope.

One thing for sure is we are so much different to the team that went down / got promoted, we have so much more technical ability now. Would like to see us kick on and play more possession football this season.

Replacement for Best suggests you were happy with Best, a guy who you just said earlier was out for the 2nd half of the season. But to you Shola isnt a solid enough option as he has a dodgy injury record. Solid talk as always.

A replacement for a player that's left the squad shows I was happy with Best.  Laughable.

Be careful when you type though.  Without safesearch you'll get some disturbing results if you accidentally put 'SQUAT'.

I believe he won't be. 

Did a bit of research, at the moment he's not but if they win, he will be? Think I misread something here, help.  :razz:

Rule 18.07 states that if a player features in the first, second or third qualifying rounds of either the Champions League or Europa League, he can play for another club in either competition from the group stages onwards, provided his former employers do not reach the group stages themselves.

If a player is involved in any of the aforementioned qualifying rounds for a side which then goes on to play in the group stages of either UEFA competition, he is not eligible to play for another club in Europe in that season.

He's injured anyway I think.

I asked if you'd have wanted a 5th striker if we'd kept Best due to his equally dodgy injury record. You replied saying we only need a replacement for best. Try to explain the context of that reply from your current position of "i was just saying we need a new player" as it has no relevance to my question.

Id prefer we got another but im not massively fussed. I dont envisage a very likely situation where we lose both strikers before January, i dont think many clubs prepare strongly for that eventuality. If it came about id makedo with a scenario of using Shola & Marv/Barfa off him or one of those if again we assume randomly one of those are injured aswell. It depends how far you want to go preparing for everything to go wrong.

I believe he won't be. 

He's injured anyway I think.

Ah, great.

Funny how we're now confident we'll not be selling any of our good players because it's too late and the fees will be too high whilst also hoping that the same principle doesn't apply to us. :lol:

Funny how we're now confident we'll not be selling any of our good players because it's too late and the fees will be too high whilst also hoping that the same principle doesn't apply to us. :lol:

I honestly don't understand why Clubs do business this late in Transfer window, it all seems a rush at last minute but they have had 3 months since end of last season to sort out what they want and put deals in place. As its not the Manager that organised the finances etc, how come clubs are not putting deals in place sooner that transfer window, only have to register on 1st July. I know there is a knock on effect and players could be injured / you could lose a player or two, but surely could be sorted by return to training. I am a big fan of either doing away with transfer window or finishing beginning of August before season starts, Maybe start transfer window end of May

Pardew's quotes today are absolutely minging tbh. If we don't sign another couple of players, i can see us either getting knocked out of the UEFA Cup cos of having to play kids in every game, or our league form suffering because there isn't enough players to rotate with. Probably the latter.

I don't even want to think about the ACoN.