NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9507274/Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-is-content-with-his-squad-as-the-transfer-deadline-approaches.html

“We’re not really trying to get players in,” said Pardew, whose side play Greek club Atromitos tonight following a 1-1 draw in Athens in the first leg of their Europa League qualifier. “I’m 100 per cent happy to go with what we’ve got. I think the squad can cope with Europe.

“The young lads are going to get games this season. I’ve been saying to them, ‘This is your year.’

“I think we’re just watching the market and seeing if anything pops its head up to see if it’s appealing.”

How spineless. Another window he's completely lied to us then.

Or he's been lied to again by Ashley/Llambias.

That is just tragic to read :( Successful owners wouldn't let their club have a summer like ours. It's driving me crazy that we've had a phenomenal 2011-12 and are now wasting it by not building a great squad. It's not financial issues, it's just utter stupidity.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9507274/Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-is-content-with-his-squad-as-the-transfer-deadline-approaches.html

“We’re not really trying to get players in,” said Pardew, whose side play Greek club Atromitos tonight following a 1-1 draw in Athens in the first leg of their Europa League qualifier. “I’m 100 per cent happy to go with what we’ve got. I think the squad can cope with Europe.

“The young lads are going to get games this season. I’ve been saying to them, ‘This is your year.’

“I think we’re just watching the market and seeing if anything pops its head up to see if it’s appealing.”

Or we've just not been prepared to go over what we value players...

If he had any sense he'd have maintained a Hughton-like silence during the window. He's been burned before and yet again by the looks of it.

Guest BooBoo

Chances on improving on last season's finish are pretty much nil.

Plenty people will be happy with a 7th or 8th placed finish, that's the worst thing.

Still, at least we're not risking financial meltdown by recklessly overspending...

Guest BooBoo

Aye I'll deffo be doing a Euro jaunt because unless we win a cup (:yao:), we have little chance if qualifying again next year.

If he had any sense he'd have maintained a Hughton-like silence during the window. He's been burned before and yet again by the looks of it.

But then people wouldn't be happy if he said nowt.

Guest firetotheworks

Fuck this fucking club. Always fucking letting us down when it comes to the crunch. Love the players and everything, but we never even bother trying to progress beyond good deals. Nothing is ever done for our greater good. Fucking arseholes.

Guest bimpy474

You'd think people would have learned after last summer with some of the over-reactions again. :lol:

Problem is, having finished 5th and talking up finishing in the top 4 this season. We are not going to do that without 2 or 3 senior players coming in.

That is the frustration, its there for us to have a good go at it.

Guest BooBoo

People never learn. This is how we do business, we're not going to change now just for the hell of it.

This is how we do business? What? We do business by not buying players? Okay.

By the way every time there have been rumours about players leaving, the club have clearly told all of the local journalists that there have been no offers. Have we really done that well to retain our good players if there have been no bids to turn down?

But then people wouldn't be happy if he said nowt.

Rather that than be lied to.

Had accepted this about a week ago, so not too upset. But it's so frustrating that we can almost directly attribute poor runs of form last season to lack of depth and striker and in the back four and we haven't done anything to improve that.

People never learn. This is how we do business, we're not going to change now just for the hell of it.

We said in 2009 when we came up what the plan was, Llambias said after last summer's "disappointing" transfer window what the craic was after the meltdown...not sure why people think we're going to do things differently.

The reactions are utterly bizarre man. Everyone go back to August 2011 & review your posts. It may not go aswell as last season, but atleast entertain the idea that this isnt a complete disaster. You'd have thought Pards would have gained some trust by now.