NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

One or two usually means nobody or less. Fuck off.

And this is why i'm beginning to really dislike Pardew, i'm sure he mentioned recently that we need to sign 3 or so. I could be wrong but it always seems to go, we need 3, then we are working on definitely 2, then we hope to get 1 through the door.

Its always bullshit and by now to keep trying it, he must think we're thick.

When did he say the '3 or so players' thing? Struggling to remember that one.

Guest icemanblue

Very difficult to keep track of what he says when he is contradicting himself from one day to the next.

Even more difficult to remember when we're meant to believe him.

Guest bimpy474

One or two usually means nobody or less. Fuck off.

And this is why i'm beginning to really dislike Pardew, i'm sure he mentioned recently that we need to sign 3 or so. I could be wrong but it always seems to go, we need 3, then we are working on definitely 2, then we hope to get 1 through the door.

Its always bullshit and by now to keep trying it, he must think we're thick.

When did he say the '3 or so players' thing? Struggling to remember that one.

Thats why i said i could be wrong mate ;). I remember it more from the summer, it just him saying we hope this, we hope that and what we get is fuck all.

Now obviously we dont know whether the board let him down and he's making the best of what he's left with, then he has to tell us as best he can.

My advice would be to just shut the feck up and say nothing about transfers, just as he said he would a week or so ago, now he's already spewing about bringing in at least 2. See my point.

Guest Roger Kint

He might as well just stop doing pressers, getting to the point where anything he says gets over analysed on here. I bet if he ignored all questions on transfers he would still get slated by someone  :lol:

We all know what he says is largely bullshit

He might as well just stop doing pressers, getting to the point where anything he says gets over analysed on here. I bet if he ignored all questions on transfers he would still get slated by someone  :lol:

Yep, as with almost every manager in the game.

The only time I pay attention is regarding injuries tbh (and even then that's sometimes spin). Presser's are just hot air most of the time from all managers.

Guest neesy111

Pardew is the worst manager for this I can remember though.  Souness, Allardyce, Kinnear and Roeder were never as bad as Pardew imo.

Doesn't help we have an incompetent local paper that doesn't question him properly on transfer issues.

Pardew is the worst manager for this I can remember though.  Souness, Allardyce, Kinnear and Roeder were never as bad as Pardew imo.

Doesn't help we have an incompetent local paper that doesn't question him properly on transfer issues.

Really enjoyed listening to Hughton's interviews. The man always oozed class and dignity, and spoke like a proper football manager. Never allowed what he said in the press to be used as political spin by the tabloids/boardroom/fans/national media.

Very difficult to keep track of what he says when he is contradicting himself from one day to the next.

Does he?

The main gripe seems to have stemmed from the perceived contradiction that where he states how he'd like us to play but we get shitball on the pitch, or when he took positives out of a window but now calls on more investment in the next window. Fair enough, make him look a bit of a twat, but I have sympathy with how changes in circumstance can have an effect.

The rest of it seems to be spiralling off into simply examining to death every off the cuff and often out of context quote, and looking to trip him up as far as I can tell.

Really? I liked Hughton but his interviews were just as bad as Pardew's at times.

Maybe it's revisionism, but I don't seem to remember mistrusting what he said in interviews. He didn't let on to much when it came to the sensitive issues, and always knew how to get out of sticky questions with perfect diction and excellent English. Unlike this chav.

He "fibbed" on more than one occasion if I'm remembering rightly. However, like others have alluded to in terms of this latest one from Pardew maybe not everything said in press conferences staged in front of the assembled national and local media should be taken as 100% fact all of the time.

And for the record, I don't believe that Pardew sees it as "lying" to the fans as much as it is part of a deliberate strategic plan to mislead the media to protect transfer dealings. We need to keep remembering how Cisse just came out of the blue, cost a fair wedge, and was exactly the type of player we needed last January.

My main gripe with Pardew's interviews is how he makes it come across as acceptable to play down our chances of achieving anything. I miss the days of listening to a Keegan or Sir Bobby who when they were being interviewed made you believe that dreams could come true. Keegan's interview before the match at Old Trafford in 2008 was fantastic. Iirc he was asked something about how Man Utd should easily beat us and he just said I have told the players nothing has been set in stone and it is upto you to write the headlines out there, so for them to just go out and believe.

:smitten:

Guest Roger Kint

MAY need to bring in ONE or TWO?

fuck me

Aye much better man management and cost effective to just state we need 5 players to come in....

My main gripe with Pardew's interviews is how he makes it come across as acceptable to play down our chances of achieving anything. I miss the days of listening to a Keegan or Sir Bobby who when they were being interviewed made you believe that dreams could come true. Keegan's interview before the match at Old Trafford in 2008 was fantastic. Iirc he was asked something about how Man Utd should easily beat us and he just said I have told the players nothing has been set in stone and it is upto you to write the headlines out there, so for them to just go out and believe.

:smitten:

Hasn't Pardew said stuff like "we're Newcastle Utd, we should be going out to win every game" etc?

Obviously Sir Bobby and KK were very special people, not many managers compare to them for motivation and emotion.

Guest Roger Kint

fuck me

Aye much better man management and cost effective to just state we need 5 players to come in....

"We are shite all over the pitch, we need at least five signings or we're getting relegated". Cheers Alan.

He would get praised for honesty at the very least that way :lol:

Guest neesy111

fuck me

"We are shite all over the pitch, we need at least five signings or we're getting relegated". Cheers Alan.

If a manager says he's bringing in a number of players it might just give some of our current team a kick up the arse that their place might be under threat.