NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

In theory TT's line up should work my worry is we get over reliant on Carroll as an option and just get the CBs to lump it to him.

For that team to work we need to be a lot more cute than that.

Funny thing is if we played in a similar way to how we did under Hughton in terms of style of play i actually wouldn't mind i actually enjoyed watching that team.

Watching us atm is just painful.

I wouldn't base our entire game around it, but it's an option, a nice one to have to put on pressure or relieve it at the other end. I think we'd be a better team for having him in, there I said it, I know a lot of people disagree but I think even Best in the squad and we'd see a much better forward line this season. Carrolls ground work is also a lot better than people give him credit for, he's not just a battering ram, however he is the best. Battering ram we will ever have.

Everyone does realise Pardew is still our manager right ?

Nah i fully realise that but the reason we are so shite to watch is because we are forcing a style of play on players that can't do it....

Imagine if Cisse was the CF in the Hughton era :anguish: i don't think it would be as bad if we had a target to aim for ( Carroll or otherwise)

I get the impression that we've wanted Carroll back for some time and there's some money set aside for his transfer.

Me too. This sudden good form might make others raise their head mind.

I think he'd be a good buy at the right price. Unplayable on his day. Would benefit Cisse too.

I get the impression that we've wanted Carroll back for some time and there's some money set aside for his transfer.

Me too. This sudden good form might make others raise their head mind.

I think he'd be a good buy at the right price. Unplayable on his day. Would benefit Cisse too.

100%.

Carroll has scored less league goals in over 2 years than Ba has scored for us this season.

Prem: Carroll has scored 6 goals in 9 starts 1 sub while Ba in the same time has scored 2 in 7 starts 2 sub

Carroll has scored less league goals in over 2 years than Ba has scored for us this season.

Prem: Carroll has scored 6 goals in 9 starts 1 sub while Ba in the same time has scored 2 in 7 starts 2 sub

Carroll has scored 6 goals in 18 starts.

Carroll has scored 6 goals in 18 starts.

Not since Ba went to Chelsea, basically 2013 Carroll is looking decent.

Not since Ba went to Chelsea, basically 2013 Carroll is looking decent.

Do the games Carroll played earlier in the season not count?

So you set the time period? Sorry king mick.

Carroll is in his stride now, looking good and scoring goals. This is the Carroll we'd be looking at taking back, it is the most recent version of him after all.

Guest bimpy474

While i'm actually ok with him coming back. His injury record is somewhat of a worry for me.

His injury record isn't a problem, we have a first class medical setup.

It is ? fantastic, well that's a worry off my mind.

Carroll is in his stride now, looking good and scoring goals. This is the Carroll we'd be looking at taking back, it is the most recent version of him after all.

I did set a time period and it was over 2 years, in that time he's scored 12 league goals and Ba scored 13 for us between August and January of this season.

I personally don't want Carroll back because we'll try to play a game that will suit him and nobody else.  That's without even going into what he'd be like if he gets back in with his mates, the same ones he was hanging around with when he was making Ranger look like a boy scout.

Guest bimpy474

Maybe he's matured like a smelly cheese.

Maybe he has, it would be a massive gamble for many reasons.

I think he's coming, and i do hope he has matured. Must admit i'm rather non plussed about it. While Pardew is still in charge i'm as miserable as Nun in a sesspit anyways :(

I did set a time period and it was over 2 years, in that time he's scored 12 league goals and Ba scored 13 for us between August and January of this season.

I personally don't want Carroll back because we'll try to play a game that will suit him and nobody else.  That's without even going into what he'd be like if he gets back in with his mates, the same ones he was hanging around with when he was making Ranger look like a boy scout.

Well I changed the time period, because I feel this is more like him rather than the £35m price tagged version at Liverpool and the one a bit shocked and fallen at the start of his wham loan.

This is the kind of goals return that saw us get £35m for him, also we did that in half a season, so I be

I've my time period adjustment is justified.

I think he'll be different back here, he's seen how fast his career can change and I honestly think we'd see a more professional Carroll around the club, and one desperate to make amends with the fans.