NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Although we've done well from the French league it'd be great to see us go further afield in the summer.

to be fair it was only really last january, many go on like it's the only placed we've looked for years. last summer it was the netherlands for our only signing, de jong and de wiel (if the rumours were true).

Although we've done well from the French league it'd be great to see us go further afield in the summer.

to be fair it was only really last january, many go on like it's the only placed we've looked for years. last summer it was the netherlands for our only signing, de jong and de wiel (if the rumours were true).

True but I can't help but field the management will think we're on to a good thing and focus solely on this when as many other teams have proved there are bargains/clever buys to be had all over, home and away.

True but I can't help but field the management will think we're on to a good thing and focus solely on this when as many other teams have proved there are bargains/clever buys to be had all over, home and away.

agree in a way but more they'll look at value markets (france, belgium, netherlands etc) as opposed to germany, italy, spain.

agree in a way but more they'll look at value markets (france, belgium, netherlands etc) as opposed to germany, italy, spain.

Is Spain not one of the biggest value markets going given the clip of nearly all the teams?

Think we're limited us natural size size, management influence aside, buying from 1 league too. Not too mention the natural sidelining of non-Francophone speakers.

If they've not paid it a great deal of attention before now, I would have thought that the success Swansea have had with Michu has made them think more seriously about it. Exactly the kind of deal we like.

Is Spain not one of the biggest value markets going given the clip of nearly all the teams?

Think we're limited us natural size size, management influence aside, buying from 1 league too. Not too mention the natural sidelining of non-Francophone speakers.

probably, just seems there's more french bargains in the prem.

Spain is a bargain league at the moment.

Not many big, powerful athletes for Pards to get his grubby mits on though.

I'm surprised we aren't all over that already. A perfect storm of the country with the most talent in the world (arguably) in a financial crisis, sounds like something Ashley would love.

Outside of Barca, Madrid and Atletico players, Spain is basically full of clubs who have no money so its quite correct to say there is a bargain or two to be had there.

Sociedad, Betis etc etc have some great players.

I'm also quite shocked we don't look at the less obvious clubs in Germany too, there's some cheap talent all over the place in that league too outside of Bayern, BVB, Neverkusen and Schalke etc etc.

Even if we want to keep it French we can go for the likes of Antoine Griezmann and Geoffrey Kondogbia.

Couple of TV deal (and I hate how this will effect Europe) fortune busters right there although I'm sure we were linked with the latter pre-Sevilila.

Outside of Barca, Madrid and Atletico players, Spain is basically full of clubs who have no money so its quite correct to say there is a bargain or two to be had there.

Sociedad, Betis etc etc have some great players.

I'm also quite shocked we don't look at the less obvious clubs in Germany too, there's some cheap talent all over the place in that league too outside of Bayern, BVB, Neverkusen and Schalke etc etc.

Atletico are absolutely kippered financially too but there success wil no nowt act as a boon. Somehow they keep plodding on though.

Even if we want to keep it French we can go for the likes of Antoine Griezmann and Geoffrey Kondogbia.

Couple of TV deal (and I hate how this will effect Europe) fortune busters right there although I'm sure we were linked with the latter pre-Sevilila.

Aye we were, another off the Lens production line. I follow a Sevilla fan on Twitter who reckons he's been outstanding for them.

Griezmann has looked good the few times I've seen him, exactly the type of player we need right now too.

He's also hugely highly rated though. Not sure he'd come to us/we could afford the amount Sociedad would demand. Them being poor doesn't mean they'd accept a fee far below his market value.