NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

The idea of Carroll really is terrifying. Why would we even want to go for a deal like that? That's the most concerning thing. £10m+ for an English forward in poor form. If we go for that then they really are all out of ideas.

Tbf i'm the last one to defend Carroll but he has been in very good form for the last month or so and actually looks like the Carroll we knew and lets not kid ourselves at one point loved.

I get the impression that we've wanted Carroll back for some time and there's some money set aside for his transfer.

get the same feeling, almost seems like it Ashley trying to prove a point on the clubs transfer acumen attempting to get him back at less than half the price.

As for Carroll why not, we need another striker anyway so why not him

The idea of Carroll really is terrifying. Why would we even want to go for a deal like that? That's the most concerning thing. £10m+ for an English forward in poor form. If we go for that then they really are all out of ideas.

How poor is his form, for an Englishman?

Would have thought he'd be quite high up since his return from injury.

I get the impression that we've wanted Carroll back for some time and there's some money set aside for his transfer.

Can't help but shake the idea that we are in for him so we look really clever and amazing business minds.

If we hadn't already sold him for £35m I can't see us paying £10m+ for him. 

Think I would rather take a punt on Jordan Rhodes (although I would MUCH rather let Carr find us someone much better than both and likely to cost less).

Then we ran out of ideas fucking ages ago. Buy players, make money, hope we win. That seems to be it. Carroll isn't in keeping with anything we've tried to do in nearly 2 years. It's desperate. It doesn't fit.

Tbf i'm the last one to defend Carroll but he has been in very good form for the last month or so and actually looks like the Carroll we knew and lets not kid ourselves at one point loved.

Still a decent distance away from that I reckon.

Carroll

Gouffran    Ben Arfa      Cisse

Cabaye      Sissoko

:dontknow:

I hate myself a little bit for posting that.

Cisse next to Carroll and a midfielder Instead of Gouffran in a 4-3-1-2 and we use Carroll like Fellaini is used at Everton as an outlet but we don't pump the ball to him aimlessly every time we get it and i think i can get behind it.

Guest bimpy474

Ah this must be for the, fast front foot football, you know the one where if you control the midfield you win the game stuff Pardew told us about.

Is there another manager more full of shit than Pardew.

Cisse next to Carroll and a midfielder Instead of Gouffran in a 4-3-1-2 and we use Carroll like Fellaini is used at Everton as an outlet but we don't pump the ball to him aimlessly every time we get it and i think i can get behind it.

We hoof the ball now, why would we bring in Carroll and move away from that?

Carroll

Cabaye      Sissoko

Carroll    Cisse

Hba

Sissoko            Cabaye

Tiote

With Debuchy & Santon doing a lot of work down the sides. Hba free to do what he wants.

his forms actually good lately best since he left

We hoof the ball now, why would we bring in Carroll and move away from that?

Do agree but at least the hoofs would work  :undecided:

Guest bimpy474

Actually think Carroll is better than given credit for, and can play in a passing team. Completely irrelevent of course as Pardew will never play such football anyway.

Carroll

Cabaye      Sissoko

Carroll    Cisse

Hba

Tiote

With Debuchy & Santon doing a lot of work down the sides. Hba free to do what he wants.

in theory Debuchy and Santon would find a lot of joy with Carroll fighting for the ball

Carroll

Cabaye      Sissoko

Carroll    Cisse

Hba

Tiote

in theory Debuchy and Santon would find a lot of joy with Carroll fighting for the ball

Knocking it down for Cisse to poach on in the box, hba around the edge or a little further back for Cabaye or sissoko to run on to. Tiote to never cross the halfway line, always having two close forward options to pass to.

Knocking it down for Cisse to poach on in the box, hba around the edge or a little further back for Cabaye or sissoko to run on to. Tiote to never cross the halfway line, always having two close forward options to pass to.

:lol: Dream on.

Don't be daft man, it's clearly a ringing endorsement for our scouting network and long term plan.

Carroll

Cabaye      Sissoko

Buy Carroll and don't pump the ball to him aimlessly? Moal pls.

:pardsgrin:

In theory TT's line up should work my worry is we get over reliant on Carroll as an option and just get the CBs to lump it to him.

For that team to work we need to be a lot more cute than that.

Funny thing is if we played in a similar way to how we did under Hughton in terms of style of play i actually wouldn't mind i actually enjoyed watching that team.

Watching us atm is just painful.