NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest bimpy474

Something today that we knocked him back in the summer because in a meeting between him, us and his agent, and us telling him where to go because he spent the whole meeting texting.

Are manners a thing of past now, quite rude and bizarre that.

Something today that we knocked him back in the summer because in a meeting between him, us and his agent, and us telling him where to go because he spent the whole meeting texting.

Nice professionalism from Gervinho there. Sounds like he completely had the wrong attitude.

In any case, I'm actually glad we didn't get him in the end.

Guidetti wouldn't come here as a backup.

Depends how you pitch it to him imo.

I still don't get why he signed a three year deal at Man City. I remember it being announced he was to join Twente and then all of a sudden has a change of heart. He's good, but he'll never get in the City side.

I have a fair idea.

On Gervinho i dont actually understand why we wanted him he doesnt seem to fit at all......

Never going to play on the wings in a 4-4-2 and i dont see why he would fit in a partnership with Ba.

As others have said iam glad we didnt get him in the end, he's obviously a good player who seems to have left his shooting boots in France but not sure how he fits us at all.

Guest Chubby Jason

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/wfgr.com/files/2011/03/chappelle-as-rick-james-300x225.jpg

"FUCK YO CLUB NIGGA!"

On Gervinho i dont actually understand why we wanted him he doesnt seem to fit at all......

Never going to play on the wings in a 4-4-2 and i dont see why he would fit in a partnership with Ba.

Cabaye isn't exactly an ideal fit for Tiote either, but we bought him. Our policy seems to be to buy good players and let Pards do what he wants with them.

Cabaye isn't exactly an ideal fit for Tiote either, but we bought him. Our policy seems to be to buy good players and let Pards do what he wants with them.

He probably could be. Agree with the rest of it, though.

Wouldn't be against us signing an anchor man for the first team in the summer*, but unfortunately i can't see Pards playing three out-and-out centre-mids.

*either that or try Jonas out in that roaming attacking-midfield role, again. He looked good effective there - i don't know why we haven't tried it again since the return of Cabaye and Tiote.

Guest bimpy474

I thought we looked like we were targeting players for a 4-3-3 system, the few times we actually tried it we used players not suited to it, Pardew hmm........

The more I see of them the more I think it just doesn't work and won't under most circumstances.

The more I see of them the more I think it just doesn't work and won't under most circumstances.

The more you see it, the more Cabaye's being moulded into a ball-chaser snapping at the opposition's heels all the time. Which is clearly a tactical thing imo.

They're two good players, there's no reason why they can't work together better. They're an unorthodox box-to-box at the moment, which isn't right. Obviously, they're not helped by the ball being floated over their head all game.

We don't need both of them doing that same job: interchanging attack/defense, hassling opposition. Tiote can do it on his own. It was scandalous how many times the ball fell to Tiote outside of the box against the Mackems. It should've been Cabaye cos the former can't shoot for shit.

I'd like to see us sign an out-and-out defensive midfielder with Tiote in the terrier/box-to-box role and Cabaye as the attacker. I can see why Pardew is trying to get more out of Cheick, because he's too good on the ball to be restricted to the anchor man role - but he's doing it at the expense of Cabaye's attacking prowess at the moment, and the balance isn't there.

The whole team's unbalanced at the moment, tbh. It's the root of our problems imo.

Pardew hinted at a new formation last summer (i think?) and we briefly tried it in January, but 4-3-3 doesn't work with Guthrie-Perch in midfield and Simpson at right back. Gervinho was probably targeted with that in mind. I reckon we're ultimately heading to a 4-3-3, but we need another full back and the right type of CM to go with Tiote and Cabaye. Signing Cisse might change things though...we shouldn't really bump Ba onto a wing. So I hope Pardew has a plan!

The more you see it, the more Cabaye's being moulded into a ball-chaser snapping at the opposition's heels all the time. Which is clearly a tactical thing imo.

They're two good players, there's no reason why they can't work together better. They're an unorthodox box-to-box at the moment, which isn't right. Obviously, they're not helped by the ball being floated over their head all game.

We don't need both of them doing that same job: interchanging attack/defense, hassling opposition. Tiote can do it on his own. It was scandalous how many times the ball fell to Tiote outside of the box against the Mackems. It should've been Cabaye cos the former can't shoot for s***.

I'd like to see us sign an out-and-out defensive midfielder with Tiote in the terrier/box-to-box role and Cabaye as the attacker. I can see why Pardew is trying to get more out of Cheick, because he's too good on the ball to be restricted to the anchor man role - but he's doing it at the expense of Cabaye's attacking prowess at the moment, and the balance isn't there.

The whole team's unbalanced at the moment, tbh. It's the root of our problems imo.

Tiote's not a box-to-box player in a million years.

Don't see why not. He runs all day and is good on the ball. He'd be an irritating cunt for the opposition if we had Anchor Man+Cabaye with him buzzing about between them. We wouldn't give teams in inch an the middle of the park.

Obviously, it would be a greater benefit from a defensive point of view, but with the attacking power in Ba, Cisse, Jonas, HBA and Cabaye - we shouldn't need another centre-mid as a goal threat.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Not sure whether it's something as simple as their roles not being defined/developed enough. If we still want Cabaye sitting deep and buzzing round, we need a proper box to box man in there.

Don't see why not. He runs all day and is good on the ball. He'd be an irritating c*** for the opposition if we had Anchor Man+Cabaye with him buzzing about between them. We wouldn't give teams in inch an the middle of the park.

Obviously, it would be a greater benefit from a defensive point of view, but with the attacking power in Ba, Cisse, Jonas, HBA and Cabaye - we shouldn't need another centre-mid as a goal threat.

Tiote's bloody useless in the final third. If there's a certain 'type' of CM we could do with it, it's a more refined version of Gosling, who is a box-to-box player.

There's two ways we could go if we switch to a more fluid system......

Either we switch to a 4-3-1-2 were practically everyone is in thier rightful position but we would need two top quality fullbacks to make it work or we switch to 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 and move Ba out of position for the good of the team.

Either way i dont see 4-4-2 being a long term system for us, times are changing and 4-4-2 is too open for the top level.

One of the reasons english teams have struggled in Europe.

The times Dan Gosling has played has really made me desire a box-to-box midfielder.

Cabaye is a b2b midfielder, atm we are trying to get him to be a playmaking, tackling all action midfielder but he isnt that.....

Quite frankly i would try and get a playmaker in and i mean a proper midfield general and let Cabaye be the B2B you all crave.

Cabaye's not a box-to-box player either. I love the fact folk see a player with a few cultured attributes and attach daft lables. Roy Keane was that type of player, as was Vieira, Gary Speed before he slowed down, Robert Lee, Gerrard, a young Lampard......