NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Need a minimum of four players.  Two Strikers (1 out and out, 1 able to cover the flanks) 1 Winger (possibly someone that can play central too), 1 CB

Thats with having Alnwick replace Harper and no departures. Realistically we need at least 5 in.

As to his depth comments, that shouldn't be a surprise given this time last year (or was it even the year before?) he was banging on about how a tall, physical, goal scoring central defender was our main priority. Never happened.

He will get what Graham Carr suggests and Derek allows him.

First line of the article is 'Newcastle United's summer recruitment drive is likely to be limited to a striker and a central defender as the club takes a conscious decision to add quality rather than quantity this close season.'.

"as the club takes a conscious decision to minimize spending after January"

Also says we've not made any offers for players in or out of contract, that the club believe January has given us the strength in depth we needed earlier in season and that a striker is the top priority.

Exciting stuff. :laugh:

Perch being moved on according to the Mirror.... silly decision if true, he has been mostly dependable, solid back up in a number of positions. A better Aaron Hughes, plenty of others clogging up the team before him.

Perch being moved on according to the Mirror.... silly decision if true, he has been mostly dependable, solid back up in a number of positions. A better Aaron Hughes, plenty of others clogging up the team before him.

article reads like a load of crap tbh just thrown together

That article was completely baseless and designed to shitstir so i'm not sure i completely believe it tbh.

Guest neesy111

Better than Aaron Hughes, good grief.  Perch is a shocking footballer, who offers zero protection when playing in midfield.

First line of the article is 'Newcastle United's summer recruitment drive is likely to be limited to a striker and a central defender as the club takes a conscious decision to add quality rather than quantity this close season.'.

:lol::lol:

:weep:

You won't be laughing when those two players turn out to be Messi and Thiago Silva.

Better than Aaron Hughes, good grief.  Perch is a shocking footballer, who offers zero protection when playing in midfield.

Yep, Aaron Hughes was a good utility player not anything more. Thats harsh on Perch imo, he shouldn't be starting but he gives us his all and has had more good games than bad, including a plethora of important blocks inside our box. The his worst games have come this season with equally terrible performances if not worse surrounding him, easy scapegoat when "better" players get off lighter.

Guest Nixon

If Perch is to go, it'll be frustrating.

Not because he has a realistic future at the club, but more because we're doing the right steps in the wrong order. I like Perch, typical cult hero, not much skill but full of effort and commitment to the cause. You really feel as if he values the chance we've given him and that he is a Premier League footballer ™.

However as we saw during our late season dip, he's far too limited a player for the rigours of Premier League football. He contributes next to nothing on the attack and his technical skill means he couldn't even be made into a box to box player. We really need to be moving him on when we're confident in those ahead of him. At present I'd say having Bigirimana is a start, but I think we need a stronger core of young midfielders before I'd really want to let him go.

In fact I'd rather we shipped Dan Gosling out first, he actually has no skills whatsoever, at least Perch can tackle now and again. 

Guest neesy111

Yep, Aaron Hughes was a good utility player not anything more. Thats harsh on Perch imo, he shouldn't be starting but he gives us his all and has had more good games than bad, including a plethora of important blocks inside our box. The his worst games have come this season with equally terrible performances if not worse surrounding him, easy scapegoat when "better" players get off lighter.

Did you watch us finish 4th, 3rd and 5th with Aaron Hughes at right back then?

Perch is a clogger, simple as.

Perch leaving

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=ciFnloVQzWVcgM&tbnid=ImBPqtSJ5AhcSM:&ved=0CAUQjBwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fstream1.gifsoup.com%2Fview4%2F1373407%2Falan-partridge-shrug-o.gif&ei=2cSrUZjXEIXOOeqUgOgF&psig=AFQjCNEvoUegLDdqXy84INEq7IPoJ42TSg&ust=1370297945311631

Guest bimpy474

Pardew's been banging on about a LM/LW for a while now, that gone out the window then.

Fwiw, i'll take no notice as Ashley could buy no one or go mad a bit and buy four. Paper knows nowt, same as us really.

Did you watch us finish 4th, 3rd and 5th with Aaron Hughes at right back then?

Perch is a clogger, simple as.

I did and he was a reliable squad player we shouldn't have let go. He needed replacing in the team however and wasn't good enough to be starting.