NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Still think Bent will come actually. Rumour refuses to f*** off.

The Ashley to sell rumour refuses to f*** off as well. It means nothing here in the real world.

Think Bent coming for 6mil is more likely than Ashely selling up for 267mil though.

Being hit by lightning is more likely than winning the Euromillions, doesnt mean it will happen.

Ok.

Guest Roger Kint

Pardew obviously wants him here, since we first got linked it's been a daily running story.

Aye thats why the press are running with it :lol:

I really can't see us buying Bent, would run contrary to everything we've been doing in the transfer market. Unless we can get him incredibly cheap I suppose.

It doesn't really make sense that Ashley wants to force Pardew out but in the meantime is going to let him have his say over transfers more than before. The feeling seems to be that Ashley trusts Carr's judgement completely as well.

I really can't see us buying Bent, would run contrary to everything we've been doing in the transfer market. Unless we can get him incredibly cheap I suppose.

It doesn't really make sense that Ashley wants to force Pardew out but in the meantime is going to let him have his say over transfers more than before. The feeling seems to be that Ashley trusts Carr's judgement completely as well.

We've just brought Joe Kinnear in to personally run the rule over signings - I think it's entirely possible we will see some deviation from us signing young french players, wether that's right or wrong. We don't know what was said in that meeting a month or so ago.

That's why I still think it's quite likely we'll see Bent here, if Pardew & Kinnear put their bonces together who knows who we'll bring in.

Pardew obviously wants him here, since we first got linked it's been a daily running story.

So you don't think Pardew wants Darren Bent?

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 3h

Napoli are the latest team to have met Aubameyang's representatives over signing the player claim Sky Italy

Game over (if true).

Are Napoli so attractive? Genuine question.

Champions League football would be a draw I'd imagine. Play infront of big, passionate crowds and he has played in Italy before.

Guest Roger Kint

What does that matter? I dare say Pardew wanted Carroll & Falcao but as its not in his hands who cares what he wants? The club indicated to the local press that they wont pay his fee or wages so quite why the national press and gullible people think we will is beyond me really.

What does that matter? I dare say Pardew wanted Carroll & Falcao but as its not in his hands who cares what he wants? The club indicated to the local press that they wont pay his fee or wages so quite why the national press and gullible people think we will is beyond me really.

This changed imo as soon as JFK came in. He will likely listen to Pardew's english targets over Carr's french names. If they are reviewing the strategy or blueprint then I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to sort a fee out and knock Bent's wages down a tad.

Not gullible, just can see something in it since Kinnear came in.

Guest icemanblue

Anyone else really struggling to give a fuck about transfers any more?

I'm not craving them, or in a panic, if that's what you mean? I still hope we get in what we need, obiously. But, I've come to accept that it's a massively frustrating time of year, so it's best not to get too involved with it. See what happens.

Guest Roger Kint

This changed imo as soon as JFK came in. He will likely listen to Pardew's english targets over Carr's french names. If they are reviewing the strategy or blueprint then I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to sort a fee out and knock Bent's wages down a tad.

So you automatically assume the worst without any proof? I mean like the club actively going for Carr's targets as i type if you believe the media who would know more than me and you? Fair enough, gullible wasnt the right word then really :lol:

Anyone else really struggling to give a f*** about transfers any more?

almost...i wish all the rumours would go away.

If Bent is cheap and do not mind being back up, then fine - but does not seem the case.

Aubameyang is my wet dream which won´t happen.

Tomkins and Gignac i do not understand?

Well if we keep our best players i will be happy with:

A) Quality striker

B) Quality Left winger

So you automatically assume the worst without any proof? I mean like the club actively going for Carr's targets as i type if you believe the media who would know more than me and you? Fair enough, gullible wasnt the right word then really :lol:

It's a possibility for sure, but then again it seems that Ashley really trusts Carr and his style of buying is essential to how Ashley wants to run the club. JFK coming in is worrying on every level, but I don't think we should assume it means we're hoying out our transfer strategy.

Guest Roger Kint

It's a possibility for sure, but then again it seems that Ashley really trusts Carr and his style of buying is essential to how Ashley wants to run the club. JFK coming in is worrying on every level, but I don't think we should assume it means we're hoying out our transfer strategy.

Exactly.

So after receiving the biggest payday this club has ever received with the new TV money we are still being priced out of our targets, we really are set for years of being an absolute disaster.