NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

All Everton's signings do is add depth, I dont see Alcaraz or Joel improving them. As for Villa/Liverpool, its been good in that they've added decent players whilst not yet losing Benteke/Suarez. Bony is a cracking signing at Swansea.

The only ones that have had really good summers so far are Norwich, Aston Villa, Liverpool and Spurs.

Swansea's has been ok but Sunderland's is quantity over quality, whilst losing their best 2 players.

They sold Sess?

Teams who have already signed a more expensive player than we will this summer: Sunderland, Norwich, Swansea, Crystal Palace, West Ham, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Cardiff, Tottenham, Southampton.

Oh no I had my heart set on a really expensive player this summer as well.  Don't care who it is as long as he's expensive, preferably more expensive than most other clubs signings :thup:  Maybe we can ask Lyon if they'll take a bit extra to get ourselves ahead of some of the clubs you just mentioned?

What's worrying for me is that we are now only being linked with strikers, when need a left winger more than ever.

If we sign Remy to play a left forward role I'm not overly concerned but another wide player on top would be ideal.

Guest bimpy474

What's worrying for me is that we are now only being linked with strikers, when need a left winger more than ever.

Buy a left back and push Santon forward?

I might have said that a while ago but after seeing how we seem to be playing at the moment, pushing our FB's on suits him massively. Mind you if getting an LB in means Santon forward and no Jonas, definitely. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

If we sign Remy to play a left forward role I'm not overly concerned but another wide player on top would be ideal.

I don't think Pardew is going to use 4-3-3, i think he's going 4-4-2 and that rules Remy out for a role on the left. It's just a guess on how we've lined up so far and the players we seem to be chasing, definitely leans towards two up top.

Teams who have already signed a more expensive player than we will this summer: Sunderland, Norwich, Swansea, Crystal Palace, West Ham, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Cardiff, Tottenham, Southampton.

Oh no I had my heart set on an expensive player this summer as well, don't care who it is as long as he's expensive :thup:

Well, it would be nice to target a player for reasons other than he's going cheap.

Oh no I had my heart set on an expensive player this summer as well, don't care who it is as long as he's expensive :thup:

Well, it would be nice to target a player for reasons other than he's going cheap.

If our only reason for targeting a player was price our main target would be Carlton Cole.  Why don't we?, he'd be much cheaper.

It would be great to be able to target whoever we want without considering price, or at least to push the boat out further than Ashley allows.  I just hate the whole "Oh no's this club is spending more" thing.

With no resale value and no real use to the squad other than being better than Shola.

So we do have reasons for signing the player other than he's going cheap yeah?

Ok fair enough, I know what you mean, it would be nice for price to be less of an issue than it is.  I just hate the whole "oh no this club has bought a more expensive player than we have" thing, as if there's a league table for who has spent the most on a player.  Who would you rather have, Ben Arfa at £5.75m or Stewart Downing at £20m?

All Everton's signings do is add depth, I dont see Alcaraz or Joel improving them.

What about Deulofeu?

Is he playing ahead of Mirallas though?

The only ones that have had really good summers so far are Norwich, Aston Villa, Liverpool and Spurs.

Swansea's has been ok but Sunderland's is quantity over quality, whilst losing their best 2 players.

They sold Sess?

Mignolet and Rose.

With no resale value and no real use to the squad other than being better than Shola.

So are you against us trying to attain value for money?  I am happy with the way we do business we never overpay and we always bring in the good players.  It may take longer than others but thats because we aren't going in doubling money etc.  We could offer 15 million for Gomis today offer him 100k per week and he'd no doubt be signed in next 24 hours or we could wait and get him for 7 million and on reasonable wages.  I for one would take the risk of him joining someone else for a saving of 8 million plus probably another 8 million saving in wages.

Oh so we look for players that add to the quality of the squad, who offer potential resale value and who are within our financial means.  Sounds more realistic than "cheap" players, cos we'd have just gone out and landed Can't Control...

So are you against us trying to attain value for money?  I am happy with the way we do business we never overpay and we always bring in the good players.  It may take longer than others but thats because we aren't going in doubling money etc.  We could offer 15 million for Gomis today offer him 100k per week and he'd no doubt be signed in next 24 hours or we could wait and get him for 7 million and on reasonable wages.  I for one would take the risk of him joining someone else for a saving of 8 million plus probably another 8 million saving in wages.

This is it. If the window closed and we have two of the  three forwards we are pursuing then I think the majority of people will be fairly happy. It makes for a long boring summer but ultimatley its in the best interests of the club.

Obviously if we dont then they can all go to f***.

Ok fair enough, I know what you mean, it would be nice for price to be less of an issue than it is.  I just hate the whole "oh no this club has bought a more expensive player than we have" thing, as if there's a league table for who has spent the most on a player.  Who would you rather have, Ben Arfa at £5.75m or Stewart Downing at £20m?

Price is always the most important factor.

Balance of Price and Ability is, which is what we do and we do it well.

Value is the most important factor after we enter into transfer negotiations for a player no doubt, of course it should be a big factor but I agree sometimes we should play hard ball a bit less for the really good players.  But the way you and others keep talking about it we just go after who ever is cheapest and price is really all that matters.  Clearly it isn't because I've got no doubts that Cisse wasn't the cheapest striker going when we signed him, same goes for Debuchy, same goes for Anita and many other players we've signed under Ashley.  I think we have a list of targets we deem all good enough quality and look for the best bargains out of that list.  That doesn't necessarily even mean signing the cheapest one, but signing the one with the best compromise between quality and value.

Like I said, it would be nice if they'd put less emphasis on value sometimes, but I really couldn't care less if Crystal Palace end up spending more money than we do on a player when that player was Dwight Gayle for £8.5m.

Can't disagree with that. So well in fact we've finished in the top half once since 2006.

I'd love a real wide player. One that doesn't mind staying wide to whip in a cross. Providing real width.

:thup:

but if we got Remy I'd be more than happy to see him on the right and HBA on the left of the central striker.

I'd love a real wide player. One that doesn't mind staying wide to whip in a cross. Providing real width.

Would be nice, they don't seem to exist as much now, they all want to cut in.

Only because it's vogue thanks to Mourinho to invert your widemen.

Can't disagree with that. So well in fact we've finished in the top half once since 2006.

New transfer system has only been in place since we went down.  We've done very well in terms of transfers since then, not their fault the managers a loon.

We didn't even get our current scouting/transfer system in until 2009/2010.  Certainly since Carr came in our signings have been very good in terms of quality and value.