NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest bimpy474

I could understand the delay if we were looking to sign players for lots of positions, I mean imagine if we had not done the business we did in January and were now relying on JFK to get those deals done.

I hated Lambias but cannot help feeling he might of had Remy and Gomis in by now working on the same budget guidelines JFK is.

Dont get sucked into thinking that, just take a little look back to last summer, Lambias was in charge then. It wouldn't matter who we had, we dont budge on our valuation of players

That's down to one man. Ashley. Although he doesn't value the players himself, he'll get told the valuation by, Pardew/Carr/Lambias/JFK and that's it, zero wiggle room.

I don't mean the valuation I mean the negotiating itself, think Lambias would be more persuading than JFK.

Ah i see what you mean, i suppose if Ashley doesn't give them much room to increase offers, again it would difficult to negotiate for whoever it is. I know what mean though, lesser of two fuckwits i guess.

Yeah.. as a Chairman from another club I think you would rather deal with Lambias than Kinnear.

Aye.

I could understand the delay if we were looking to sign players for lots of positions, I mean imagine if we had not done the business we did in January and were now relying on JFK to get those deals done.

I hated Lambias but cannot help feeling he might of had Remy and Gomis in by now working on the same budget guidelines JFK is.

Dont get sucked into thinking that, just take a little look back to last summer, Lambias was in charge then. It wouldn't matter who we had, we dont budge on our valuation of players

That's down to one man. Ashley. Although he doesn't value the players himself, he'll get told the valuation by, Pardew/Carr/Lambias/JFK and that's it, zero wiggle room.

I don't mean the valuation I mean the negotiating itself, think Lambias would be more persuading than JFK.

Ah i see what you mean, i suppose if Ashley doesn't give them much room to increase offers, again it would difficult to negotiate for whoever it is. I know what mean though, lesser of two fuckwits i guess.

Yeah.. as a Chairman from another club I think you would rather deal with Lambias than Kinnear.

did they really ever had to deal with Lambeasy? i thought all he ever did was give the go ahead and say 'yes' or 'no'  to the deals drawn up and pre contracted by Irving and Charnley?

It's not the worst strategy to bring in players from the same country, it does make us more attractive to players who might otherwise not consider us, like Debuchy for example. We do seem to take it to the extreme though.

did they really ever had to deal with Lambeasy? i thought all he ever did was give the go ahead and say 'yes' or 'no'  to the deals drawn up and pre contracted by Irving and Charnley?

I'm not sure is the honest answer but I can see JFK being as interfering as possible if that is how we did deals it won't be now.

We don't appear to have a scouting system in the traditional mould. Again, the specific players recruited are not the problem with the current recruitment strategy.

not enough players scouted and not enough signed.

Essentially, though it's not clear how many players we scout, certainly not enough signed.

We scout on what seems to be not just a talent but bargain basis and yes it has worked at times and that is great but we also need to be willing to pay for talent.

We don't appear to have a scouting system in the traditional mould. Again, the specific players recruited are not the problem with the current recruitment strategy.

not enough players scouted and not enough signed.

Essentially, though it's not clear how many players we scout, certainly not enough signed.

We scout on what seems to be not just a talent but bargain basis and yes it has worked at times and that is great but we also need to be willing to pay for talent.

:thup: And get players at the right times.

Guest neesy111

We have been signing good players, we are not building a good team though, far from it imo.

The manager needs to have a big chunk of say in the recruitment department imo whether you think he's shite or not, which he isn't

Guest Alexinho

We have been signing good players, we are not building a good team though, far from it imo.

The manager needs to have a big chunk of say in the recruitment department imo whether you think he's shite or not, which he isn't

And there we have a problem - we have a good scout - but Carr's players doesn't always for Pardew's way of playing football (hoofball)...

What is Ashleys long term plan? Don't think he has one... 

Wrong - its not Pardew's "hoof ball", just a balanced side that we don't have.

Good and technical. Not a lot of pace. Small. Weak in the air. No width.

Can't agree with that if anything we have more pace than technique, the only real technical players who start week in week out when fit are Cabaye and Ben Arfa.

In fact there's probably more technique in the back 4 than there is in the rest of the team combined :lol:

What we lack to me is width, creativity and goalscoring threats.... the other thing would be a dominating presence in the back 4 but i think you can get around that.

Guest neesy111

Lack of Width and options upfront are our biggest issues.  If those are solved, it should make the problems we have in CM much less noticeable.

Using last season as a barometer, you could name about 15 different things and call it our 'biggest issue(s)'. It's not even worth trying to identify what the main problems were, the whole thing absolutely stank from the day the transfer window opened.

Can't agree with that if anything we have more pace than technique, the only real technical players who start week in week out when fit are Cabaye and Ben Arfa.

In fact there's probably more technique in the back 4 than there is in the rest of the team combined :lol:

What we lack to me is width, creativity and goalscoring threats.... the other thing would be a dominating presence in the back 4 but i think you can get around that.

We don't lack aerial presence? Steven Taylor's the only player in our side I think's decent in the air. Small side we are.

Guest neesy111

Using last season as a barometer, you could name about 15 different things and call it our 'biggest issue(s)'. It's not even worth trying to identify what the main problems were, the whole thing absolutely stank from the day the transfer window opened.

You have to start somewhere into solving them though.  It's pretty obvious there's a shocking lack of goals in the team especially after Ba left.

All Carr can do is scout players he feels will fit into the league really, must be so frustrating for him to find us players only for the club to piss around on deals to sign them. Although Gomis is not an unknown nor is Bent, Remy may have been scouted by Carr but we missed out on him first time around.

We don't lack aerial presence? Steven Taylor's the only player in our side I think's decent in the air. Small side we are.

Did i say that though? i just said i think you can get around it as plenty of teams have proven.

Lack of width, creativity and options upfront are much bigger concerns.

Well adding pace doesn't necessarily mean an improvement, as we saw with Obertan, one of Pardew's recruitments by all accounts.

You have to start somewhere into solving them though.  It's pretty obvious there's a shocking lack of goals in the team especially after Ba left.

:laugh: Aye but that's what I mean!

'Lack of goals' - reasons: uncountable.

All I was saying was that, whilst we can definitely prioritise which parts of the squad need strengthening, there's no 'biggest issue'.

Guest bimpy474

One of Pardew major failings is he can't look at the players at his disposal and get a system that suits them. He tries to fit them into a of doing things that completely unsutis them, ie Cisse RW.

I do like the murmuring about him listening to the players about things, just a little but it's kind of hopeful.

Teams who have already signed a more expensive player than we will this summer: Sunderland, Norwich, Swansea, Crystal Palace, West Ham, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Cardiff, Tottenham, Southampton.

Oh no I had my heart set on a really expensive player this summer as well.  Don't care who it is as long as he's expensive, preferably more expensive than most other clubs signings :thup:  Maybe we can ask Lyon if they'll take a bit extra to get ourselves ahead of some of the clubs you just mentioned?

:lol: