NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

If we really dont make any additions and we have a bad start i can see people getting on pardews and ashleys back early on.

People are already on their backs.

Aye, theres grumblings going on.  If its turning to shit ibfront of 50k fans it will be a lot louders!

Ignoring the Man City first up, with our opening half a dozen fixtures if we dont start well i'd be fucking worried.

Same. Think we need to accept we'll get footballing abuse from Man City. Anything less is a bonus.

I want us to have a go, not be ultra defensive and still get beat 4-0, which i fear will be outcome.

If we do have a go, not be ultra defensive and still get beat 4-0, I could see that scuppering our chances of seeing an overtly attacking team put out again for quite some time.

Guest Alexinho

Ignoring the Man City first up, with our opening half a dozen fixtures if we dont start well i'd be fucking worried.

Same. Think we need to accept we'll get footballing abuse from Man City. Anything less is a bonus.

I want us to have a go, not be ultra defensive and still get beat 4-0, which i fear will be outcome.

If we do have a go, not be ultra defensive and still get beat 4-0, I could see that scuppering our chances of seeing an overtly attacking team put out again for quite some time.

You think Pardew will play attacking just to prove it won't work... We'll loose anyway, but not a match to go gung ho... But we do need to gain a bit posession...

I believe that the best players at the club for the most part realise that the whole management/ownership setup is one big joke and that whatever personal ambition they may have as players is not matched in the slightest by the club and therefore perhaps subconsciously they don't give their best. I think this was a big factor last season and with the whole JFK saga and lack of positive transfer activity this summer I believe the problem will only be exacerbated, particularly if Pardew shows no signs of improvement as a manager in their eyes from last season to this. Morale is clearly on a knife edge and things could spiral out of control in the first few months of the season quite easily.

I believe that the best players at the club for the most part realise that the whole management/ownership setup is one big joke and that whatever personal ambition they may have as players is not matched in the slightest by the club and therefore perhaps subconsciously they don't give their best. I think this was a big factor last season and with the whole JFK saga and lack of positive transfer activity this summer I believe the problem will only be exacerbated, particularly if Pardew shows no signs of improvement as a manager in their eyes from last season to this. Morale is clearly on a knife edge and things could spiral out of control in the first few months of the season quite easily.

I don't think morale is clearly on a knife edge. With the Jan signings now bedding in I'm happy to believe that the spirit is pretty damn good, I think the JFK saga etc barely even registers with the players themselves.

Also, not one player has been agitating for a move as far as I can see which surely you'd expect if they didn't have faith in the manager, especially going into a world cup year.

If we fail to sign anyone, then I agree, things could certainly unravel quickly. But however you view the powers that be, most of us would be pretty shocked if we didn't manage to get in a striker this window.

Last summer I think it was patently obvious that senior players like Cabaye were rather less than impressed with our show of ambition to build on the 5th place. I wonder what they make of our attempts to not be in a relegation scrap again.

It's easy to string together a couple of paragraphs of fantasy lined talk about how much better things would be if things were better.

It's even easier to string together one line of irrelevant nonsense that contributes nothing to the discussion about our incompetent owner. Bravo sir.

I've pointed out that the post is based on absolutely nothing other than fantasy and wishful thinking.  Your move.

Based on years of mismanagement while watching other better run clubs kick on by harnessing their strengths and using smart money to better their weaknesses - be it player, manager, board member, sponsorships, etc.  If you want to call my post fantasy, fine, go head - but nothing in my post suggests anything outlandish at all. I've not said lets go sign Aguero, hire Ancelotti and bring in Emirates as our sponsor because we're Newcastle United.  I'll stand up and say I'm a bloody optimistic person in general, but in no way am I ever crazy about what I think this club is capable of given the right leadership from board to manager.

I hope, for our sake, that they're reserving judgement until the transfer window slams shut.

Think this is pretty accurate tbh. I think the players will probably wait until the window closes as they'll only be told things by the manager in terms of our dealings. One or two signings could change the whole mood of the place. Experienced leaders like Colo will probably the calming influence and the fact we signed a ton of lads in January probably helps as well. Just hope the striker(s) come in and maybe something else we haven't heard yet sooner than later. We need it badly.

At least if they're unhappy they'll be professional enough not to let it show on the field...

This is the worry, people say they're loads more talented and likeable than the 08/09 squad and generally I'd agree but then you look at some of the disgraceful displays towards the end of the season and it makes me far less certain that we'd play our way out of a similar Kinnear-based off-field capitulation.

I genuinely think our players look renewed - perhaps this world cup year is our blessing in disguise for our league campaign?

very fair point.

Not sure some of the half arsed, apparent lack of desire may be offset by this. Trying to look postively, obviously.

of course it probably means them putting themselves in the shop window for the season after!

At least if they're unhappy they'll be professional enough not to let it show on the field...

This is the worry, people say they're loads more talented and likeable than the 08/09 squad and generally I'd agree but then you look at some of the disgraceful displays towards the end of the season and it makes me far less certain that we'd play our way out of a similar Kinnear-based off-field capitulation.

I agree and it's a nagging doubt in the back of my head if it all goes tits up.

I genuinely think our players look renewed - perhaps this world cup year is our blessing in disguise for our league campaign?

Could be but a lot of them barring injury are assured of their national team places so long as they don't drop a clanger playing for their country. It is very unlikely they're going to be losing their places in our team.

Doubt there is going to be any new rumours unless Remy/Gomis both get removed from the table or we sell a first teamer. The only other player we've been linked to fairly heavily is Jeroen Zoet from PSV and that seems to have died a death too.

Doubt there is going to be any new rumours unless Remy/Gomis both get removed from the table or we sell a first teamer. The only other player we've been linked to fairly heavily is Jeroen Zoet from PSV and that seems to have died a death too.

Probably because PSV made them their new #1

Probably because PSV made them their new #1

Can't see it being shelved 'til he signs a new deal though. The illusive 2014 run out gets ever closer.

When gomis and remy go tits up, we're gonna hear a handful of names. Not one of them will be a serious link. A few last minute Ruiz and N'Zogbia's will see the majority of fans placated. "he tried", they will say.

Guest icemanblue

When gomis and remy go tits up, we're gonna hear a handful of names. Not one of them will be a serious link. A few last minute Ruiz and N'Zogbia's will see the majority of fans placated. "he tried", they will say.

They're definitely going tits up, then?