NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest bimpy474

His negativity must feed into the team, it's just ridiculous the way he goes on. When you are in an inferior situation with a team, which we are tbf. You fill your team full of confidence, you talk their chances up and give them the mindset they can compete.

Pardew does the opposite, and some wonder why we have no faith in him.

He's the antithesis of Kevin Keegan who would have bridled at the thought of calling other teams big clubs. The players back then used to say they went out onto the pitch feeling 10ft tall after a Keegan pre-match talk. It might not seem like much to some here but you can see it in the way we play, there's no joy or intent about it, we are usually going out against these teams hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

:clap: :thup:

That'll be why they all want to leave this summer, just as we we've been told, in every other post, since January. Hatem, Colo, all of our best players - desperate to be away from this negative and clueless manager.

Tbf i've never said any players would leave because of him, they do seem to like him which is to his great credit. Still doesn't stop his defensive and defeatist mindset getting into them, and the way we play which we've all seen.

Guest bimpy474

You sure about that?

You know the difference between you and i, while you support keeping Pardew, alongside Ian W and Brett and others, which is fine as you are entitled to your views and i respect them. I dont call you lot sad bastards. You on the other hand are a rather unpleasant creature. Who i shall no longer interact with. You are a sad little person.

Just a thought, what happens if we win ?

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Why not do the same for when the season doesn't match expectations?

The season will match expectations  :lol:

Seriously positive and negative shouldn't be in an equal balance on this board. There is far more to be negative about the club and the likely prognosis for this season than there is to be positive. That's just common sense. We were by and large terrible all of last season and nearly relegated. The major change of the summer was the appointment of JFK as DOF.

I'm not saying there aren't things to be positive about by the way.

Fair enough, I agree with most of that. It's just doing my head in that people are having a go at our manager for being negative ahead of Monday's game based on quotes that rather suggest positivity with a blend of realism. Whilst I wanted to see Pardew replaced with a better manager, and still do, I don't understand why the slating for this season should begin before a ball is even kicked, especially considering once again he's being hung out to dry by the board who haven't backed him at all this summer, specifically ignoring his requests for Premiership experience. He's up against it right from the off, and I get the feeling some people want to see him fail, even to the detriment of the club, which is where I draw the line. I don't want Pardew ideally, but since he's here representing the interests of the club for the foreseeable, I hope he does well.

You sure about that?

You know the difference between you and i, while you support keeping Pardew, alongside Ian W and Brett and others, which is fine as you are entitled to your views and i respect them. I dont call you lot sad b******s. You on the other hand are a rather unpleasant creature. Who i shall no longer interact with. You are a sad little person.

:kasper:

Guest icemanblue

You sure about that?

You know the difference between you and i, while you support keeping Pardew, alongside Ian W and Brett and others, which is fine as you are entitled to your views and i respect them. I dont call you lot sad bastards. You on the other hand are a rather unpleasant creature. Who i shall no longer interact with. You are a sad little person.

:lol: Aye, we'll see. Can't say I'll be able to show the same restraint whilst reading your hysterically negative shite, like.

Right, Sunday.

Guest bimpy474

You sure about that?

You know the difference between you and i, while you support keeping Pardew, alongside Ian W and Brett and others, which is fine as you are entitled to your views and i respect them. I dont call you lot sad b******s. You on the other hand are a rather unpleasant creature. Who i shall no longer interact with. You are a sad little person.

He has a thing for me, also i noticed he's rather unpleasant to others too. It's easy to ignore such a thing than to fan its flames, would you not think ?.

Seriously positive and negative shouldn't be in an equal balance on this board. There is far more to be negative about the club and the likely prognosis for this season than there is to be positive. That's just common sense. We were by and large terrible all of last season and nearly relegated. The major change of the summer was the appointment of JFK as DOF.

Fair enough, I agree with most of that. It's just doing my head in that people are having a go at our manager for being negative ahead of Monday's game based on quotes that rather suggest positivity with a blend of realism. Whilst I wanted to see Pardew replaced with a better manager, and still do, I don't understand why the slating for this season should begin before a ball is even kicked, especially considering once again he's being hung out to dry by the board who haven't backed him at all this summer, specifically ignoring his requests for Premiership experience. He's up against it right from the off, and I get the feeling some people want to see him fail, even to the detriment of the club, which is where I draw the line. I don't want Pardew ideally, but since he's here representing the interests of the club for the foreseeable, I hope he does well.

I don't know about anybody else, but I've got nothing against Pardew personally, I just want to see us producing some good football. Despite not having the ideal owner, my opinion is that he's failed to get the best out of the players at his disposal. They might not be good enough for Europe but they should certainly not be a relegation threatened team. The football he's produced has been poor and so my opinion of him is poor. Even if we sign Gomis I can see him turning out lop-sided teams that struggle to string two passes together. That doesn't mean I want us to fail, just that I think he's clueless. If we do well then I'm happy to concede that I was wrong.

You sure about that?

He has a thing for me, also i noticed he's rather unpleasant to others too. It's easy to ignore such a thing than to fan its flames, would you not think ?.

I think you two just completely ripped up Ian's peace treaty. That's what i think. Although that did escalate fairly quickly but it seems it's been on your mind for a while now :lol:

Guest bimpy474

You sure about that?

I think you two just completely ripped up Ian's peace treaty. That's what i think. Although that did escalate fairly quickly but it seems it's been on your mind for a while now :lol:

Nah it's not been on my mind, but it's easier when you spot someone trying to wind up, it's better to not feed their ego. It's not just me he targets tbf but i'm too long in the tooth to put up with such a child.

You sure about that?

Nah it's not been on my mind, but it's easier when you spot someone trying to wind up, it's better to not feed their ego. It's not just me he targets tbf but i'm too long in the tooth to put up with such a child.

O0 Join the club and I'm 150% certain we're not alone.

Have to say that the whole situation we find ourselves in is thoroughly depressing...

The season starts tomorrow and I simply don't feel anything but apathetic about it - I cannot remember feeling so 'meh' the day before our first game of the season before.

Why?

No investment, no ambition, not a solitary signing to look forward to getting a first (competetive) glimpse of.

The constant dampening of expectations and negativity coming from our 'leader' - we can't compete with Man City etc is bad enough - but Southampton FFS?

The predictability of the turgid, 'worry about them first' football we know we will be served up - and Pardew's constant hypocrisy in the press about him being a 'front foot' type of manager.

I was watching goals on Sunday this morning and found myself looking at West Ham, Norwich (FFS), Everton etc and thinking they look like they might have half decent seasons - decent football, attacking intent, a couple of new faces etc...

Then I remembered what we have to look forward to.

If I were the likes of Cabaye, Ben Arfa , Debuchy etc I'd be taking the first opportunity that came along to jump ship.

Excuse me while I find a tall bridge to fling mysel off!

Guest Phil K

So, that Willian link?

:yao::yao::yao::yao::yao::yao::yao::yao:

Must admit, found it laughable, ridiculous but seriously amusing.

Then stopped laughing, and became quite morose thinking of how low we have got to laugh at ourselves for being in for "big money" signings

That's what Ashley/Pardew and of course Kinnear have done to us

Guest bimpy474

You sure about that?

O0 Join the club and I'm 150% certain we're not alone.

I'm not going to say anymore, i've had my say and i dont want it to look like ganging up as that's unfair.  ;)

Have to say that the whole situation we find ourselves in is thoroughly depressing...

The season starts tomorrow and I simply don't feel anything but apathetic about it - I cannot remember feeling so 'meh' the day before our first game of the season before.

Why?

No investment, no ambition, not a solitary signing to look forward to getting a first (competetive) glimpse of.

The constant dampening of expectations and negativity coming from our 'leader' - we can't compete with Man City etc is bad enough - but Southampton FFS?

The predictability of the turgid, 'worry about them first' football we know we will be served up - and Pardew's constant hypocrisy in the press about him being a 'front foot' type of manager.

I was watching goals on Sunday this morning and found myself looking at West Ham, Norwich (FFS), Everton etc and thinking they look like they might have half decent seasons - decent football, attacking intent, a couple of new faces etc...

If I were the likes of Cabaye, Ben Arfa , Debuchy etc I'd be taking the first opportunity that came along to jump ship.

:facepalm:

Guest bimpy474

So, that Willian link?

Then stopped laughing, and became quite morose thinking of how low we have got to laugh at ourselves for being in for "big money" signings

What if it was true, i was wondering last night if it did turn out to be true if it meant a shift in position from Ashley (ambition and spending). Then i thought ha, maybe not.

So, that Willian link?

Exactly. We broke the world transfer fee record less than 2 decades ago, now we've been led to believe that the most we can expect to spend on any player is half that sum, whilst at the same time prices have gone up by a factor three to four.

You sure about that?

:lol: Aye, we'll see. Can't say I'll be able to show the same restraint whilst reading your hysterically negative shite, like.

Right, Sunday.

Why don't you just fuck off.  I'm sick to death of your condescending bullshit.  It wouldn't be so bad but you've been wrong again and again and again and yet you still peddle the same shit patter.

Why?

If we sign Gomis then that's a better transfer window than most of us would have expected tbh, although we still could do with wide left player for me. Gomis and Remy would be great additions, the problem is neither will be playing tomorrow so that dampens what should be one of the most anticipated days of the season.

So, that Willian link?

Exactly. We broke the world transfer fee record less than 2 decades ago, now we've been led to believe that the most we can expect to spend on any player is half that sum, whilst at the same time prices have gone up by a factor three to four.

If I didn't laugh, i'd cry. If we bring in Gomis alongside Remy i'd say that's a fairly good window regardless of the low ball fees/potential fees paid.

I don't know about anybody else, but I've got nothing against Pardew personally, I just want to see us producing some good football. Despite not having the ideal owner, my opinion is that he's failed to get the best out of the players at his disposal. They might not be good enough for Europe but they should certainly not be a relegation threatened team. The football he's produced has been poor and so my opinion of him is poor. Even if we sign Gomis I can see him turning out lop-sided teams that struggle to string two passes together. That doesn't mean I want us to fail, just that I think he's clueless. If we do well then I'm happy to concede that I was wrong.

I agree with all this, TRon....I couldn't care less what Pardew is like as a person and there are people who say that Brian Clough was a nasty piece of work etc etc., but I would have had Clough as our manager in the blink of an eyelid because I KNOW he would have made us successful, given the chance.

Pardew could run around town with a daffodil up his rear end for all I care - IF he was a successful manager.

His teams play awful football and apart from one season, unsuccessful football. As you say, he fails to get the best from players and in some cases, has actively made them less effective.

That's my beef with him - not interested in whether he is a 'nice bloke' etc etc. Or a rotten one, as long as he was being successful. Most people gave him the benefit of the doubt when he arrived but in my view, he has failed to be anything other than his CV would suggest.

you guys need to break off the forum a little more, some of the posts I've seen lately have been extremely cringe worthy

He's right Tsah, that is dreadful, take a break and come back after a few games, you never know, we might even have you excited again.