NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Aye I'd love us to sign Thauvin but I really can't see us splashing the cash for him despite the fact that I think it's a bargain.

£8m is surely not too much even for Ashley? :lol:

I'll be pissed if he passes on that, especially given his potential he could make a massive profit on that easily. ( not that i'd want us to sell him down the line mind)

Guest bimpy474

I can see us splashing the cash on Thauvin considering he's young and very highly rated.

I did, but can you imagine how Ashley will approach this one, they only paid 3.5m euros i think. Anything over 5 and i reckon he wont go for it, just because they paid what they did only 6 months ago.

Guest bimpy474

Gomis and Thauvin, yes please but it'll only make Shearer complain more that their French.

Fk him and his crying on, if we got those two we would be much improved and that is all that matters.

Yep, i couldn't care less where a players from as long as he's good.

Gomis and Thauvin, yes please but it'll only make Shearer complain more that their French.

I'm quite happy for us to sign frenchies, the more the merrier. As long as they're good enough, obviously. Stick two fingers up to the pundits who say we have too many.

I struggle to believe we have a shot at signing Thauvin like.

Guest bimpy474

I'm quite happy for us to sign frenchies, the more the merrier. As long as they're good enough, obviously. Stick two fingers up to the pundits who say we have too many.

I struggle to believe we have a shot at signing Thauvin like.

Just hope we dont blow this one as well.

I can see us splashing the cash on Thauvin considering he's young and very highly rated.

I did, but can you imagine how Ashley will approach this one, they only paid 3.5m euros i think. Anything over 5 and i reckon he wont go for it, just because they paid what they did only 6 months ago.

Can definitely see this being the case.

If it took the sale of Cabaye to fund the purchase of Thauvin and Gomis then so I'd gladly take that.

No. Then we lose our best centre midfielder.

No. We lose one good (but not great) player and we fill two gaping holes in our side.

No. I'd rather keep Cabaye and just get Thauvin.

If it took the sale of Cabaye to fund the purchase of Thauvin and Gomis then so I'd gladly take that.

No. Then we lose our best centre midfielder.

No. We lose one good (but not great) player and we fill two gaping holes in our side.

No. I'd rather keep Cabaye and just get Thauvin.

No. I agree but I can't see us spending before a big sale.

Cabaye is my first choice CM. If he goes he needs to be replaced.

Exactly my point. We have Remy, Cisse and Gouffran. We can get to January without another striker. We are more desperate for a wide left player. If Cabs is sold, we need a quality replacement in, like McCarthy.

Just over two weeks left. Panic buying territory.

I'd be astonished if we did that. It would contradict the entire philosophy that has seen us struggle so much over the rest of the summer.

If we fail to get one of our primary targets, like Gomis, I could only envisage a Kuqi-esque signing - but I think even that's unlikely. Pardew said at the start of the summer that he thought the squad was too big, so I'd be very surprised to see us compensate with cheap squad-fillers. We'll just go with what we've got.

I've pretty much accepted that this is the squad until January. Doesn't make a great deal of difference either, imo. Gomis would give us another option up front but it would be negated by the fact we've not improved the wingers - something that would have really aided Pardew in his very basic, negative mentality.

It isn't a bad squad, either. It's more than capable of making a challenge for the Top 6.