NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest bimpy474

So this latest whinge in this thread is more a general complaint than anything to do with Pardew's latest comments..? Rightio..

You dont half talk shite, bit like the rest of us tbf.

So this latest whinge in this thread is more a general complaint than anything to do with Pardew's latest comments..? Rightio..

Well at least some of us haven't stooped to whingeing about the whingeing :lol:

You dont half talk s****, bit like the rest of us tbf.

I'm sure I do. Care to point out how those quotes constitute throwing in the towel before a ball is even kicked:

As if the stark contrast in form and financial circumstances  are not bad enough, Newcastle also have to contend with a poor history of visits to City.

'I don’t think there is a mental barrier. We have never done well against them,’ admitted Pardew.

'We’ve played in patches, but never over an entire game. I think if we are going to get a result then that’s what we need to do.

'We have beaten all the big teams – Manchester United, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool – or at least taken points from them.

'City are the one team against whom we haven’t got over the line, so it would be fantastic to bury that one as well.'

You dont half talk s****, bit like the rest of us tbf.

I'm sure I do. Care to point out how those quotes constitute throwing in the towel before a ball is even kicked:

As if the stark contrast in form and financial circumstances  are not bad enough, Newcastle also have to contend with a poor history of visits to City.

'I don’t think there is a mental barrier. We have never done well against them,’ admitted Pardew.

'We’ve played in patches, but never over an entire game. I think if we are going to get a result then that’s what we need to do.

'We have beaten all the big teams – Manchester United, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool – or at least taken points from them.

'City are the one team against whom we haven’t got over the line, so it would be fantastic to bury that one as well.'

There is a mental barrier like, we are mentally pathetic at times. Pardew being the worst, we have beaten those teams occasionally and got beat off 3 of them at home last season and humiliated against Liverpool and Arsenal, he is a fucking muppet to come out wit that shit as I have witnessed us collapse time after time against these big teams, something other teams don't seem to do as often. The most a team like us should be getting beat by is 3 or maybe 4 away from home and never fucking 6-0 at home to the 7th best team.

His negativity must feed into the team, it's just ridiculous the way he goes on. When you are in an inferior situation with a team, which we are tbf. You fill your team full of confidence, you talk their chances up and give them the mindset they can compete.

Pardew does the opposite, and some wonder why we have no faith in him.

He's the antithesis of Kevin Keegan who would have bridled at the thought of calling other teams big clubs. The players back then used to say they went out onto the pitch feeling 10ft tall after a Keegan pre-match talk. It might not seem like much to some here but you can see it in the way we play, there's no joy or intent about it, we are usually going out against these teams hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

:clap: :thup:

Most managers especially recently promoted managers are coming out saying playing the league's elite is the reason thus fought so hard to get in the league.

Pardew's talks as if we are some minnows that have got here by accident.

Once it was clear Pardew was staying I accepted the decision and came around a bit but the more and more s*** that comes out of his mouth the more I realise him keeping his job is a disaster for us. We have good players and even with our current squad barring a Cisse injury we should not struggle, however we more than likely will because of the t*** who is picking and training that team.

Frightens the s*** out of me who we'd replace this kent with.

He's said or inferred nothing of the sort.. :lol:

:dowie:

Guest icemanblue

His negativity must feed into the team, it's just ridiculous the way he goes on. When you are in an inferior situation with a team, which we are tbf. You fill your team full of confidence, you talk their chances up and give them the mindset they can compete.

He's the antithesis of Kevin Keegan who would have bridled at the thought of calling other teams big clubs. The players back then used to say they went out onto the pitch feeling 10ft tall after a Keegan pre-match talk. It might not seem like much to some here but you can see it in the way we play, there's no joy or intent about it, we are usually going out against these teams hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

That'll be why they all want to leave this summer, just as we we've been told, in every other post, since January. Hatem, Colo, all of our best players - desperate to be away from this negative and clueless manager.

Just a thought, what happens if we win ?

One of these I reckon -

1. Ha told you negative twats, Pardew is back and we are going to have a quality season.

2. Great result, well happy with that, was fully expecting a hammering so get the fuck in! Hope we can keep it up.

3. Fuck sake! That's Pardew's job secured for ANOTHER season!

Most managers especially recently promoted managers are coming out saying playing the league's elite is the reason thus fought so hard to get in the league.

Once it was clear Pardew was staying I accepted the decision and came around a bit but the more and more s*** that comes out of his mouth the more I realise him keeping his job is a disaster for us. We have good players and even with our current squad barring a Cisse injury we should not struggle, however we more than likely will because of the t*** who is picking and training that team.

What?English is not my mother tongue. Did I fuck up?

That'll be why they all want to leave this summer, just as we we've been told, in every other post, since January. Hatem, Colo, all of our best players - desperate to be away from this negative and clueless manager.

O0

What?English is not my mother tongue. Did I f*** up?

You meant imply, where somebody suggests something without specifically stating it. To infer is to draw or conclude based on the information at hand. So the reader would infer from Pardew's comments rather than Pardew inferring it in his words.

United, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool – or at least taken points from them.

we haven’t got over the line, so it would be fantastic to bury that one as well.'

over the line

[move]OVER THE LINE[/move]

What?English is not my mother tongue. Did I f*** up?

You meant imply, where somebody suggests something without specifically stating it. To infer is to draw or conclude based on the information at hand. So the reader would infer from Pardew's comments rather than Pardew inferring it in his words.

Ah, thanks! :thup:

Just a thought, what happens if we win ?

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Why not do the same for when the season doesn't match expectations?

The season will match expectations  :lol:

Seriously positive and negative shouldn't be in an equal balance on this board. There is far more to be negative about the club and the likely prognosis for this season than there is to be positive. That's just common sense. We were by and large terrible all of last season and nearly relegated. The major change of the summer was the appointment of JFK as DOF.

I'm not saying there aren't things to be positive about by the way.