NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

An "excuse" or an explanation? I'm getting tired of people pointing to injuries, lack of squad depth, lack of Premiership experience, etc. as ready made "excuses" for Pardew, as if he enjoys being in this situation where he's asking for certain things, and is not given them time after time, as it will presumably let him off the hook somehow. It won't. I'm pretty sure Pardew, or any manager, would prefer to be given the tools required to do the job, rather than having to rely on inferior players in the "eventuality" of injuries, suspensions, etc.

We have played one match, and we're already three squad (arguably first team) players down for the upcoming matches, on top of the players that were sold this summer. Our squad is weak in quantity and quality if our aim is to finish in the top 8. Yes, our manager is poor as well, no doubt about it, but by continuously ignoring his requests for investment in the squad, and for specific attributes like Premiership experience, they are hanging him out to dry imho.

[/rant]

An "excuse" or an explanation? I'm getting tired of people pointing to injuries, lack of squad depth, lack of Premiership experience, etc. as ready made "excuses" for Pardew, as if he enjoys being in this situation where he's asking for certain things, and is not given them, as it will let him off the hook somehow. It won't. I'm pretty sure Pardew, or any manager, would prefer to be given the tools required to do the job, rather than having to rely on inferior players in the "eventuality" of injuries, suspensions, etc.

We have played one match, and we're already three squad (arguably first team) players down for the upcoming matches, on top of the players that were sold this summer. Our squad is weak in quantity and quality if our aim is to finish in the top 8. Yes, our manager is poor as well, no doubt about it, but by continuously ignoring his requests for investment in the squad, and for specific attributes like Premiership experience, they are hanging him out to dry imho.

[/rant]

He's shit. Fuck him.

We're the ones who suffer. Our lousy manager matches our recruitment policy.

Guest icemanblue

An "excuse" or an explanation? I'm getting tired of people pointing to injuries, lack of squad depth, lack of Premiership experience, etc. as ready made "excuses" for Pardew, as if he enjoys being in this situation where he's asking for certain things, and is not given them time after time, as it will presumably let him off the hook somehow. It won't. I'm pretty sure Pardew, or any manager, would prefer to be given the tools required to do the job, rather than having to rely on inferior players in the "eventuality" of injuries, suspensions, etc.

[/rant]

Difficult to argue with that, like. Not that I was going to try or anything.

[/rant]

Good.

He's useless anyways.

he had a 20 million investment in January and in the second half of the season all it earned us was a point.

He had his chance to choose players he wasted 2.5million on Obertan and if given the chance this summer he would have bought James Tomkins (West Ham's back up centre back)

Darren Bent (Another poacher who contributes little but offsides wasted chances and some goals (sound like anyone?)).

I wouldn't give Pardew a penny to spend personally. But then again I wouldn't have Hired him in the first place.

To think we all cut Kinnear a bit of slack after that interview on SSN recently. f***ing w***** was bullshitting as usual.

How? He said Remy was close, still looking at Bent, talks been had and Gomis deal was complicated.

Ok i used the wrong word in anger but I definitely allowed myself to believe for a second that we were really going to sign at least two of the three strikers and when he said we would be going in for another position I then got excited about things potentially being positive again.

Since then we've basically gone for the cheapest option in Remy, gave up on Gomis, apparently made a complete hash of a bid for Bent and seem to be no closer to adding to the squad at all with Cabaye seemingly on the way out.

Just so frustrated with it all.

An "excuse" or an explanation? I'm getting tired of people pointing to injuries, lack of squad depth, lack of Premiership experience, etc. as ready made "excuses" for Pardew, as if he enjoys being in this situation where he's asking for certain things, and is not given them, as it will let him off the hook somehow. It won't. I'm pretty sure Pardew, or any manager, would prefer to be given the tools required to do the job, rather than having to rely on inferior players in the "eventuality" of injuries, suspensions, etc.

[/rant]

He's s***. f*** him.

I don't disagree.

We have a shit manager. Who appointed him? And who stood by him after a very disappointing season, without backing him in the transfer market (again)?

We have a trainwreck of a Director of Football. Who appointed him?

We have an underweight squad both numerically and in terms of quality for a club with ambitions of European football. Who assembled it?

The whole thing is rotten to the core. The manager, the DoF, the lightweight squad, they are all symptoms rather than the actual disease.

Pardew himself is a huge problem, make no mistake, but we all know who comes next, and there is absolutely no chance any self respecting top class manager would be willing to work under these conditions.

This club has so much potential, and it's all going to waste under Ashley.

[/rant]

He's s***. f*** him.

I don't disagree.

We have a shit manager. Who appointed him? And who stood by him after a very disappointing season, without backing him in the transfer market (again)?

We have a trainwreck of a Director of Football. Who appointed him?

We have an underweight squad both numerically and in terms of quality for a club with ambitions of European football. Who assembled it?

The whole thing is rotten to the core. The manager, the DoF, the lightweight squad, they are all symptoms rather than the actual disease.

Pardew himself is a huge problem, make no mistake, but we all know who comes next, and there is absolutely no chance any self respecting top class manager would be willing to work under these conditions.

This club has so much potential, and it's all going to waste under Ashley.

Sums it up quite well  :thup:

As long as we have him a a owner, what can we expect?

Question for everyone:

All factors considered (Injuries, Suspensions, Lack of control over transfer, etc) Is Alan Pardew doing a satisfactory job as Newcastle United Manger?

No

Question for you: is anyone currently involved at NUFC in a management/executive or playing capacity doing a satisfactory job? Where does the buck stop for that?

Question for everyone:

All factors considered (Injuries, Suspensions, Lack of control over transfer, etc) Is Alan Pardew doing a satisfactory job as Newcastle United Manger?

Is this an art project?

No not at all, I'm just gauging this.

A lot of people seem to feel Pardew is hard done by, I worded the question in the most objective way i could think of.

Question for everyone:

No

Question for you: is anyone currently involved at NUFC in a management/executive or playing capacity doing a satisfactory job? Where does the buck stop for that?

No.

On the playing side the buck stops with the manager.

On the Non playing side it stops with the Owner.