NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Ironic as fuck we spent 4 months moaning at not getting Debuchy last summer if in 4 months time we're left with Santon & Dummett as our first choice and not even having Simpson & Perch as cover.

Would be lunacy.

Not Debuchy's ability thats in question imo it's his desire. He looks totally disinterested. I'm one of his biggest defenders but it's looking like he only came here coz Cabaye is here.

Dont think we should sell him as I still think with the right manager he could be quality for us. 

Should have sold Colo and Enrique 6-12 months after we signed them, as they were pretty shite then too. 

People wanting to sell Debuchy is mental IMO.  As Ryan said, we'll do well to get another player in.  Never mind replacements for Cabaye and Debuchy as well. 

The Debuchy hate is truly bizarre. He hasn't played well recently but he's still a very good player IMO.

He has been incredibly disappointing since signing - you can't deny that.

The Debuchy hate is truly bizarre. He hasn't played well recently but he's still a very good player IMO.

He's been a bit disappointing yes, but so has everyone else at the club. Based on the last year we should sell everyone.

f*** players or having a squad though, think of that balance sheet. (and I've been one of Debuchy's harshest critics on here)

Exactly.  Even if you're not a fan of his. That leaves us with Santon and MYM as options for right back.  With Dummet and Santon our only viable options at left back. 

Great idea.

Guest reefatoon

Should have sold Colo and Enrique 6-12 months after we signed them, as they were pretty s**** then too. 

People wanting to sell Debuchy is mental IMO.  As Ryan said, we'll do well to get another player in.  Never mind replacements for Cabaye and Debuchy as well. 

Well done, you named 2 players out of hundreds who have been s*** and turned it around.  Actually Enrique wasn't even crap when he first signed so he can come off the list, so that leaves you with one.

He's been a bit disappointing yes, but so has everyone else at the club. Based on the last year we should sell everyone.

Not suggesting he should be sold. If there's no improvement this season, however - then it will have to be considered next summer.

He is a player of genuine quality; but you can only give any player so much time.

I think if we'd signed Debuchy when we were supposed to he would have been far more settled and playing like everyone knows he can. Got signed when we were a joke unit and despite a few really good displays his form has descended with the rest of the team, and it boiled over on Monday night when he looked really poor.

I think if we'd signed Debuchy when we were supposed to he would have been far more settled and playing like everyone knows he can. Got signed when we were a joke unit and despite a few really good displays his form has descended with the rest of the team, and it boiled over on Monday night when he looked really poor.

I agree with that although I had some hope pre-season might have seen the back lot work on becoming a cohesive unit.

Next 2 PL games will be more of a sighter though.

Aye you're right, surely cant be as bad as he was v City. A start would be to stop this desire he seems to have to make countless clumsy challenges, how he stayed on the pitch the other night was amazing tbh.

Should have sold Colo and Enrique 6-12 months after we signed them, as they were pretty s**** then too. 

Well done, you named 2 players out of hundreds who have been s*** and turned it around.  Actually Enrique wasn't even crap when he first signed so he can come off the list, so that leaves you with one.

They are hardly the only ones. Perch, Best and Raylor immediately come to mind from recent signings.

Should be for the Alan Pardew excuses thread this like  :idiot2: Cannot say i have seen that many games that he has shown anything like being a International defender .He may be ok going forward but Simpson at times was more solid at the back defending  ;D

Say's a lot about what bringing players to Newcastle does to a player. Debuchy, along with a load of other members of our squad are full internationals for good nations, yet after a while being here they look like they'd struggle to cut it in the Championship. I have seen more than enough of Debuchy to suggest that he is a good player, however he has had a couple of poor performances (Man City being the worst) and needs to be less aggressive in and around our box. That being said, I think he's also been on the harsh end of a penalty decision or two.

Mbiwa is another example to a less extreme extent; people on here genuinely laughed at even the suggestion he would consider signing for us, whereas now half the forum is undecided on who is better out of him and Taylor.

These internationals can't all be shite players, and (stating the obvious here), I'm sure they'd improve dramatically the moment 1) they go to another club or 2) we sack Pardew off.

Edit: Add Sissoko (and no doubt others) to that too. He was a beast in his first few games - look at him now.

Not Debuchy's ability thats in question imo it's his desire. He looks totally disinterested. I'm one of his biggest defenders but it's looking like he only came here coz Cabaye is here.

Dont think we should sell him as I still think with the right manager he could be quality for us. 

I agree, it really depends on how much he wants to be here. Having only just arrived he should be willing to give it another season at least.

Should be for the Alan Pardew excuses thread this like  :idiot2: Cannot say i have seen that many games that he has shown anything like being a International defender .He may be ok going forward but Simpson at times was more solid at the back defending  ;D

Not really an excuse as i'm not defending his performances. He's been hugely disappointing I wont deny that but he can defend imo. You could say this about a lot of players but if you threw Debuchy in a good side in this league you'd see a huge difference.

He wasn't shit no, nor is Debuchy.  Naïve at times and suspect positionally yes, but Debuchy has proven he is a good player at International level and was/is highly rated.  Admittedly Jose was younger, but there is no reason why Debuchy can't adjust here.

As for 2 players out of hundreds that were shit and turned it round? :lol: WTF are you prattling on about here?  I've not called either of them shit to start with?  I was naming two defenders that we have signed in recent times, that came from abroad and took time to settle.  Think it's pretty relevant personally.

If he's still making all of these riks and fuck ups come Christmas time, then perhaps I might advocate a sale come January.  At present, shipping him out is utter lunacy.  Unless we have a replacement waiting to sign on the dotted line, that's proven in this league.  Then what is the point? 

Not much more to do other than back him and hope he turns it around.  He showed promise in games last season and I was really impressed with him in the Southampton game.

Debuchy has been a bit of a let down since his arrival but sell him? That's not a great idea even if we were half decent at plugging holes in our squad. He was woeful like so many others on Monday night. The only way I could advocate selling him is if he is really not interested and starts being a prick after Cabaye goes.

Not really an excuse as i'm not defending his performances. He's been hugely disappointing I wont deny that but he can defend imo. You could say this about a lot of players but if you threw Debuchy in a good side in this league you'd see a huge difference.

Agree on that and tbh his head seems to be somewhere else atm probably up Cabayes  :hom: ass