Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

If Best is fit, he'll start Best and Ba, if not it'll be Ba and Ameobi. Hopefully Cissé gets 30 minutes at least, preferably with Ba.

:scared:

Though since there's actually competition for his place this will probably be the game that Shola pulls out a 'Spurs' type performance.

If Best is fit, he'll start Best and Ba, if not it'll be Ba and Ameobi. Hopefully Cissé gets 30 minutes at least, preferably with Ba.

this, the only question is whether he pulls this strange 'best wide left and jonas inside' malarkey.

Guest reefatoon

Though since there's actually competition for his place this will probably be the game that Shola pulls out a 'Spurs' type performance.

:scared:

I hope he pulls his hamstring in the warm up to be honest.

If Shola starts I'm not watching.

Really? Your support of the club rests on whether one player is involved/not involved?

That fascinates me on several levels. If you hate that player so much that it affects your support, why not find a club where you like all if the players. Wouldn't you guys enjoy that infinitely more?

Really? Your support of the club rests on whether one player is involved/not involved?

That fascinates me on several levels. If you hate that player so much that it affects your support, why not find a club where you like all if the players. Wouldn't you guys enjoy that infinitely more?

Ffs, i dont think he meant it literally to be fair to the guy.

:serious:

Likely not but the pissing and moaning about players and a gaffer that has us in 5th spot on 3 Feb is really rattling my cage.

We have a very real opportunity to be in 4th come Sunday evening and yet people still slag off the squad and manager.

It is no wonder Newcastle supporters have the reputation of being completely delusional.

Back on topic - I hope Cisse starts on the bench and gets the second half. I think it may be overwhelming to start after the couple of weeks that he has had. That and it will give the crowd a lift.

Likely not but the pissing and moaning about players and a gaffer that has us in 5th spot on 3 Feb is really rattling my cage.

We have a very real opportunity to be in 4th come Sunday evening and yet people still slag off the squad and manager.

It is no wonder Newcastle supporters have the reputation of being completely delusional.

Back on topic - I hope Cisse starts on the bench and gets the second half. I think it may be overwhelming to start after the couple of weeks that he has had. That and it will give the crowd a lift.

Squad and manager?

Are you familiar with the works of Shola Ameobi?

:yao:

Wow. To answer your question, my support is not dependent on what players we field. I do however question how much time I spend watching, reading and writing about this team when I have to withstand a player of his non-existant class for 12 years. The remark was of course to illustrate how bad I want to see anyone but him on the pitch. I want Newcastle to do well and I see nothing wrong in that.

I'd start him, like. Is his short on match fitness? No. Is he tired? No.

10 years of Shola knowing the place still doesn't make him a better option for scoring goals on Sunday. I'd take the risk, though we know Pardew won't.

Pardew quotes:

When asked what he expects from the Senegalese recruit, he replied: "Single-minded goalscoring. I don't think he is going to hesitate to shoot, so whether he starts or whether he comes off the bench on Sunday, you are going to see a directness from him."

Pardew explained that Cissé's new team-mates were eager to assess the newbie. "Not all the boys did the full session, but they all stayed around and wanted to have a nose and see how he got on. I think he impressed one or two. The two guys coming in certainly will have buoyed everybody, and I know there will be a fantastic atmosphere at our place. Whether Cisse starts, whether Demba starts or whether they come off the bench, they are going to have an impact of some type, and I am looking forward to it. It's going to be a great day for us, hopefully."