Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Cisse has started to remind me of Denis Law.

Most of you will not have seen Law, but he had this ability to adjust his body and improvise first time shots from balls that would come to him from any direction or height. He was a brilliant improviser, and Cisse has that same ability. Both of them were decent headers of the ball as well.

Cisse's slim, wiry physique is also similar to Law's.

7/1 for the first (and last) goal on paddy power.

Massive odds for a home game. 15/2 at Chelsea. Mate got 8's.

Buying money at the moment. Pile in lads and lasses. £70 on will buy you 19 games at SJP next season.

1. What are your memories of growing up in Senegal? I grew up in Dakar (the capital).

It's a thriving city but poor. I started playing football when I was little. We didn't have boots when we were young. 

2. How did you end up moving to Europe?

I played at the Generation Foot Academy and then with AS Douanes in the Senegal Premier League. I did well enough there to be taken to Metz in 2005. 

3. You later played in Germany with Freiburg. What is the difference between the Bundesliga and Premier League?

They are not that different. There is maybe more overseas talent in England. 

4. Had you heard of Newcastle United? When did you first learn about the club?

I knew about them before I left Senegal. They were in the Champions League and the UEFA Cup when I was at Metz.

5. How different is Newcastle to other places you have lived?

Newcastle is interesting. I like all the bridges along the river.

The best thing is how friendly the people are. That's important to me.

6. You played in the Tyne-Wear derby. What is your experience of derbies?

Stuttgart, Munich and Hoffenheim were closest to Freiburg, so they were rivals, but nothing like Newcastle and Sunderland! 

7. Had you been told about the importance of the game against Sunderland?

My team-mates drummed into me what it means to the club and supporters. It is the biggest game of the season. 

8. Your strike partner Demba Ba has done very well at Newcastle. What are his main strengths?

He is strong, has pace, can shoot with both feet, is good in the air. He is great to have on your team.

9. The No 9 shirt is very special at Newcastle. Do you understand its importance?

Yes, I do. I have been told all about Alan Shearer and all the others. I know how privileged I am to be wearing it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2139299/Papiss-Cisse-Nine-questions-Newcastles-new-No-9.html

Anybody else seen his significanse in Ben Arfas improvement in our team? Earlier everybody stood watching him dribble, waiting for him to create magic. But with papiss runs direct forward just helps dragging defences as they have to watch him aswell. Creates loads of space for HBA to run into. Just a thought.

1. What are your memories of growing up in Senegal? I grew up in Dakar (the capital).

It's a thriving city but poor. I started playing football when I was little. We didn't have boots when we were young. 

2. How did you end up moving to Europe?

I played at the Generation Foot Academy and then with AS Douanes in the Senegal Premier League. I did well enough there to be taken to Metz in 2005. 

3. You later played in Germany with Freiburg. What is the difference between the Bundesliga and Premier League?

They are not that different. There is maybe more overseas talent in England. 

4. Had you heard of Newcastle United? When did you first learn about the club?

I knew about them before I left Senegal. They were in the Champions League and the UEFA Cup when I was at Metz.

5. How different is Newcastle to other places you have lived?

Newcastle is interesting. I like all the bridges along the river.

The best thing is how friendly the people are. That's important to me.

6. You played in the Tyne-Wear derby. What is your experience of derbies?

Stuttgart, Munich and Hoffenheim were closest to Freiburg, so they were rivals, but nothing like Newcastle and Sunderland! 

7. Had you been told about the importance of the game against Sunderland?

My team-mates drummed into me what it means to the club and supporters. It is the biggest game of the season. 

8. Your strike partner Demba Ba has done very well at Newcastle. What are his main strengths?

He is strong, has pace, can shoot with both feet, is good in the air. He is great to have on your team.

9. The No 9 shirt is very special at Newcastle. Do you understand its importance?

Yes, I do. I have been told all about Alan Shearer and all the others. I know how privileged I am to be wearing it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2139299/Papiss-Cisse-Nine-questions-Newcastles-new-No-9.html

Cracking that :)

Anybody else seen his significanse in Ben Arfas improvement in our team? Earlier everybody stood watching him dribble, waiting for him to create magic. But with papiss runs direct forward just helps dragging defences as they have to watch him aswell. Creates loads of space for HBA to run into. Just a thought.

Well by golly it's a damn sound thought. This has made the difference to our season and to the way we play. It's not just Cisse, but also Ba. When defenders are tracking back with those 3 running straight at them they will panic. 4 defenders on 3 attackers, they won't who to double team, as one incisive pass will open them up completely. Simple but deadly from our point of view.

Well by golly it's a damn sound thought. This has made the difference to our season and to the way we play. It's not just Cisse, but also Ba. When defenders are tracking back with those 3 running straight at them they will panic. 4 defenders on 3 attackers, they won't who to double team, as one incisive pass will open them up completely. Simple but deadly from our point of view.

especially when HBA can dribble all four in one stride!  :lol:

1. Lionel Messi - 1 goal per 70 minutes

2. Papiss Cissé - 1 goal per 71 minutes

3. Cristiano Ronaldo - 1 goal per 75 minutes

4. Gonzalo Higuaín - 1 goal per 76 minutes

5. Mario Gómez - 1 goal per 92 minutes

6. Klaas Jan Huntelaar - 1 goal per 100 minutes

7. Wayne Rooney - 1 goal per 102 minutes

8. Karim Benzema - 1 goal per 106 minutes

9. Zlatan Ibrahimovic - 1 goal per 107 minutes

10. Robin Van Persie - 1 goal per 112 minutes

Spent way too much time collating this list.

Guest Roger Kint

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17951248

mins between goals etc ....must be pretty good stats for cisse!

am assuming he has the best stats in the lge (over 13 games).

Sure I read somewhere that he currently has the best goals-per-minute ratio in premier league history.

78 mins per goal atm i think. Was 67/68 before Wigan.

Sure I read somewhere that he currently has the best goals-per-minute ratio in premier league history.

According to what I got from the PL site, it's 13 goals spread over 926 minutes = 71.23

Guest Roger Kint

According to what I got from the PL site, it's 13 goals spread over 926 minutes = 71.23

Does that include stoppage time?

Does that include stoppage time?

No, it doesn't, that's true. The other figures I have in my little "table" seem to include it now that I rechecked a few of them.

Guest Tyson

RE: the goal-to-minutes list.

It would be interesting to see a goals-to-shots-ratio (goal scoring efficiency), pertaining to that collection of scorers. I'd imagine there would be close connection there. Based on his NUFC form (and the fact that we don't create as many chances as Barca,Man Utd & Arsenal) it's highly likely that he'd go close to topping a chart like that. 

Over the spread of a season (taking into account any dry patches in form - and he wasn't as prolific in the Bundesliga this year) I'd imagine there would be a drop-off in numbers. Was Cisse's record at Freiburg (this season) accounted for, when compiling that ranking list? 

Guest Roger Kint

It would be interesting to see a goals-to-shots-ratio (goal scoring efficiency), pertaining to that collection of scorers. I'd imagine there would be close connection there. Based on his NUFC form (and the fact that we don't create as many chances as Barca,Man Utd & Arsenal) it's highly likely that he'd go close to topping a chart like that. 

Over the spread of a season (taking into account any dry patches in form - and he wasn't as prolific in the Bundesliga this year) I'd imagine there would be a drop-off in numbers. Was Cisse's record at Freiburg (this season) accounted for, when compiling that ranking list? 

13 goals in 34 shots according to yesterdays SSN. Hit the woodwork 3/4 times in that too.

Only his NUFC games. But as Kint made me realize, the site I pulled the PL data from don't seem to include stoppage time. The Spanish and German players seem to do, and I think the numbers for Ibra do too.